Moparts

drag car shifter

Posted By: LimeRT

drag car shifter - 08/07/15 03:47 AM

Looking for opinions on shifters. What should I get for my 8.50 drag car. 727 trans w/brake. Lets hear it
Posted By: tex013

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 04:20 AM

after also asking in forum , see is there a better shifter , the best appears to be the PPP shifter then a close choice between B&M proratchet and Cheetah SCS (Turbo action) and so on down the line

Tex
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 04:23 AM

I've had this laying around for awile now. Finally got the parts coming to do the install along with a shift timer.
Posted By: LimeRT

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 04:36 AM

That looks like a winner to me. Thanks for the info and the pic

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 05:09 AM

PPP is not always easy to get ahold of.... but on two occasions they have called me back at least after 2-3 days. I was at the right place at the right time when this one came up for sale, and it was ready to go with my clean N transbrake. Not cheap, but walk through the staging lanes and you'll see a ton of these out there. I've heard nothing but good about the product.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 07:59 AM

Are you going to shift it or is a box or some other device going to make the shift? If your going to shift it I like and use the older Fairbanks, Winters ,AKA Turbo action shifters up If the box is then one like the one showed up Mine, shiftnoid, is air shifted in S/P car based off of RPM out of the Biondo 400 box up

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 03:21 PM

in my case the shifting chore will be handled through an ACD split shift control box. It will definitely help me get the proper rpm on my 1-2 shift as the small block likes to wing up past that shift point pretty quickly. I really had no intention on going that route, but the deal came up so I jumped on it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 11:01 PM

I love the Pro Ratchet... has NEVER missed a shift
and if you were to need a part... Summit... I've
had it in the car for 14 years now
wave
Posted By: D-50

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 11:20 PM

I am also running a Pro Ratchet and it works great.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 11:21 PM

I just switched from Hurst Auto stick 3 to Turbo Action and the TA shifter is great.
Posted By: 412 SB Duster

Re: drag car shifter - 08/07/15 11:48 PM

Switched from a turbo action on my 3 speed to a PPP with the glide. I love the PPP

Al
© 2024 Moparts Forums