Moparts

35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here..

Posted By: moparjoe360.4

35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/04/15 01:47 AM

Is anyone going this year? It's been our family vacation sense I was 2 years old in '87 we've only missed the Indy years and '99 sense that so we'll be there. I'm running Trophy in the truck and dad decided to step up and run Stick this year in the Satellite. The new Rt79 super cruse looks like fun, hopefully we get out of the track early enough to have some fun there too. drive
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/04/15 01:53 AM

I'll be there running pro for sure.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/04/15 02:32 AM

loaded and ready, switched back to gas so I don't have to fight with the carb all weekend, want to make my last weekend out a good and fun one.

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/04/15 09:06 PM

If nobody show's then I shouldn't have a problem finding a parking spot or winning my class. work
Posted By: oldiron

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/04/15 11:28 PM

Bill, Is it OK if I park next to you? I don't want to be lonely whiney

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/04/15 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By oldiron
Bill, Is it OK if I park next to you? I don't want to be lonely whiney
you sure can, gonna need someone to talk to.LOL
Posted By: wyoming

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/05/15 01:54 AM

I had planned on going but wont be now since I have to go to Kentucky and do some house hunting, but you guys are right doesn't seem like a strong interest on here right now anyway. Bill, last weekend? you giving it up for the year?
Posted By: 69dart

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/05/15 02:06 AM

We'll be there.

The forecast looks amazing ...it'll be packed for sure.

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/05/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By wyoming
Bill, last weekend? you giving it up for the year?
Yep, hopping the big bird for Sweden, on the 23rd of this month, have a 3 month training deal for the company on a new product line they want to start building here in the states, the part that sucks is that I am going to miss the Mopar world finals@ Norwalk in Sept so thats why I am going to the Nats this year.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/05/15 04:27 AM

Sweden? that could be pretty interesting, but also sounds a lot better on the job front since the last time I heard you talking about it, so Congrats on that even if it does put a kink in the racing schedule. Have fun

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/05/15 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By dartman366
If nobody show's then I shouldn't have a problem finding a parking spot or winning my class. work

I was thinking the same thing Bill! With the looks of the forecast I bet it'll be a big turn out though.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/10/15 02:05 AM

It was an amazing Nat's. Viper and hellcat rides. Great deals on parts, dry weather, fun cruises and it was packed!

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/10/15 02:40 PM

I thought the turnout was very good and quite a few racers, they covered the grounds, had a great time bought some parts and got to get around and see some friends, I was parked across from the viper and hellcat drag@drift and watched in amazement the on tap power those hellcats have, that was my between rounds entertainment. laugh2
Posted By: Palindrome Cuda

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/10/15 03:00 PM

I agree that there was a larger attendance this year. We were also pitted not to far from the Viper/Hellcat deal, pretty impressive that they did that for 3 days. The lines were packed for people to take their turn for the ride,just shows how tough those cars are built. All said, I thought it was one of the better Nats.

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/10/15 11:56 PM

We had fun as always my only gripe was the way they had the Dodge thrill ride set up made it a Cluster F*** to get to the stageing lanes if you were pitted down the hill. I went out in the third rd of trophy and dad got took out by the 8 second pro stock style Daytona in the second rd of stick. Dad was excited to help out the guy with the green twin turbo'd Belvidere Saturday night at the Chrysler dealer when he had a spare Holley sight plug that had came out of the guys carb. We debated Thursday weather this was our last year or not because our dump or a motel jacked the rates up an extra $100 over last year but after our annual Saturday night party with our friends that stay there who we only see during the event we all agreed we'd be back next year.
Posted By: B3RE

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/11/15 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By moparjoe360.4
We had fun as always my only gripe was the way they had the Dodge thrill ride set up made it a Cluster F*** to get to the stageing lanes if you were pitted down the hill. I went out in the third rd of trophy and dad got took out by the 8 second pro stock style Daytona in the second rd of stick. Dad was excited to help out the guy with the green twin turbo'd Belvidere Saturday night at the Chrysler dealer when he had a spare Holley sight plug that had came out of the guys carb. We debated Thursday weather this was our last year or not because our dump or a motel jacked the rates up an extra $100 over last year but after our annual Saturday night party with our friends that stay there who we only see during the event we all agreed we'd be back next year.

That Belvedere drove by our vending spot while a little girl, probably about 8 yrs old, was there with her parents. She kept saying "Whoa, that was sick, that was sick". Definitely a cool ride, but it was hilarious to hear her reaction.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: 35th Mopar Nats Aug 7-9, not much hype on here.. - 08/12/15 02:26 AM

I loved it. I'll be back next year. Would be nice to get it to Norwalk or Dragway42
© 2024 Moparts Forums