Moparts

i like the sprite in you

Posted By: theraif

i like the sprite in you - 07/29/15 08:43 PM

hey it works

During one of his burnout exhibitions and laps around the Goodwood course, Garlits broke a valve spring and dropped a valve into the cylinder. And thousands of miles from his stockpile of parts and tools in Florida, announced in interview (shown below) with Charles Gordon-Lennox, the Earl of March, owner of the Goodwood Estate and founder of the Festival, that he would unfortunately be unable to continue on. But the following day, “Big” tore the engine apart, and reportedly using a Sprite can and some Fixodent adhesive provided by a fan, was able to repair the wounded Chrysler well enough to make the grand finale lap of the course in front of the estimated 150,000 spectators on hand.
http://www.dragzine.com/news/don-garlits-and-swamp-rat-1-attend-englands-goodwood-festival/

Attached picture 2015-07-29_16-42-57.jpg
Posted By: Crizila

Re: i like the sprite in you - 07/29/15 09:47 PM

What I want to know is who was walking around in the pits with a tube of Fixodent in his pocket???
Posted By: madscientist

Re: i like the sprite in you - 07/29/15 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By Crizila
What I want to know is who was walking around in the pits with a tube of Fixodent in his pocket???

At least one dude was.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: i like the sprite in you - 07/30/15 06:05 PM

That's why Bigs is Bigs
Posted By: Stanton

Re: i like the sprite in you - 07/30/15 07:13 PM

When you travel that far you do everything in your power to make a run. Besides, it was probably in his contract - no run, no $$$. You can see the intake valve is missing so he's blocking the port so the cylinder doesn't get a charge. Being a blown motor, that would be critical.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: i like the sprite in you - 07/30/15 10:13 PM

I can really appreciate the creativity of improvising.

scope sawzall weld hammer wrench up drive
© 2024 Moparts Forums