Moparts

Pushrod Recomendation?

Posted By: moparniac

Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/20/09 08:52 PM

Well I spilled the beans yesterday.... I just couldnt decide between the indy CNC 295's and the CNC 325's

So I got MCH's CNC version which are about 308ish.... so I went for the middle.....
Max Wedge Power

anyway! what pushrods / diameter do you recomend for the heads and spark plugs.... I have a pushrod checker!

compression will be 11.1 to 1
Pump Gas
Harland Sharp rockers

Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/20/09 09:11 PM

I'm running 3/8 Smith Bros chrome moly. They have held up great but weren't cheap.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/20/09 09:32 PM

Flat tappet or roller, how heavy are the springs
and what ratio rockers
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/20/09 09:43 PM

Call up Manton and tell em what you have. They'll hook you up w/ what you need. CHIP
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/20/09 09:43 PM

Manton push rods are very nice, and will save you a substantial amount of money over Smith Bros. I always went with there Stage III push rod, 3/8 thick with a wall thickness of .120. Last few sets I ordered took just about one week to get, and was well under $200 shipped. But this has been a few seasons ago. These push rods, will handle about anything you can throw at them.

As for Spark Plugs
I always had excellent experience with they're Auto lite AR series. Depending on compression the AR 3933 plug should be in the ball park. These plugs are usually In stock at the Local Advance Auto Parts too.

Re: Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/20/09 10:23 PM

solid roller .... 1.7 harlands

Re: Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/21/09 04:22 AM

Posted By: AndyF

Re: Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/21/09 06:02 AM

A thick wall 3/8 pushrod or even a 7/16 pushrod is what I'd use with that setup. Good pushrods are expensive so you'll want to measure carefully before ordering. You might want to just order two pushrods at first to doublecheck your measurements and then order the rest if the first two are right on.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Pushrod Recomendation? - 01/21/09 06:10 AM

Maybe I can help you w/p-rods as I have 2-sets one ball to ball and one cup to ball. Is this a low deck or 440 block and what rockers are you running? They are smith brothers 3/8`s bad dogs.

Attached picture 4962516-domtrack.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums