Moparts

Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video*

Posted By: Diablo

Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/06/15 11:28 PM

Hello all!

Well its been a long off season but the Pulling season has started for us! In the off season we didn't do much. We went alum Hubs all around and changed our braking system. Saving a total of 120 pounds. Thats rotating mass so it's an extra bonus of weight savings that goes to the front of the truck. For the engine we didn't have much to do. Last season we only put 12 runs on it so just a quick inspection and a Change in Valve springs. We also changed the converter again to get a better take off, which was the big problem last season.

We pulled two days this weekend. Got 3rd the first day and 2nd on Sunday. Really happy with how it ran! The video you will see the engine ran 8900rpm.

Other big engines that were there was
Hell Raiser= 650ci Steve Schmidt Hemi
Rock= 650ci Steve Schmidt NEW style Wedge engine
Maybe Baby= 650ci Wedge engine
On the road again= 650ci Profiller engine
and us= 650ci Goodwin Billet Hemi

Enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/EY2FczIisMY

if that link doesn't work try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY2FczIisMY&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/06/15 11:41 PM

Good show!!! What's a Schmidt new style wedge btw? Is it a canted valve engine?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/06/15 11:44 PM

That big Hemi sure sounds good! Looks like the truck is working good too.
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/06/15 11:47 PM

Looks great! I sure miss having local tractor pulls over on this side of Canada don't see many anymore.

I enjoyed the announcer as well, you are "that guy" who brings the only Dodge to an event! up
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/07/15 01:30 AM

love the rpm's those big engines turn. Just curious as to what's the payout for some of the races. Also what's the pay out for some of the multiple engine classes? Sure seams you got some mega bucks in your ride.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/07/15 01:31 AM

man!!! WAY TA GO up boogie beer punkrocka

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/07/15 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
Good show!!! What's a Schmidt new style wedge btw? Is it a canted valve engine?

His old one was a DCRE style 5" head but this one is something different. Still a Canted valve set up but the head is as big as any of the Hemi's with a long spark plug going into the side of the head. There are only 2 pulling engines out there that i know of with the heads. On the side of the head it says something that starts with a V. I'll look harder next time.

Originally Posted By Deepockets
love the rpm's those big engines turn. Just curious as to what's the payout for some of the races. Also what's the pay out for some of the multiple engine classes? Sure seams you got some mega bucks in your ride.

For first in the 4x4 class you get 500$, second 450, and so on. Pays back 8 spots. For the multi engine stuff first is like 800.

So you can't do it for the money thats for sure. Its just a Serious Hobby!

Attached picture 906008_416711318517851_1080996597173000115_o.jpg
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/07/15 04:41 PM

I think id rather have a real cool trophy than that small amount of doe.Or do you get both?

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/07/15 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By bonefish
I think id rather have a real cool trophy than that small amount of doe.Or do you get both?

A trophy would be nice but we only get the small amount of $$$. At the end of the year we have a big banquet and the top 3 get nice plaques and there are other awards for the year.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Diablo's First weekend out. Goodwin Billet Hemi. *Video* - 07/08/15 11:51 AM

Man . she sure sings. Nice job for sure.
© 2024 Moparts Forums