Moparts

V-10 Hemi Cuda

Posted By: TrWaters

V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 01:10 PM

My friend Larry will have his Cuda at Carlisle in building T. V-10 Viper based engine with his own casting hemi heads. 14-71 blower with efi.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By TrWaters

My friend Larry will have his Cuda at Carlisle in building T. V-10 Viper based engine with his own casting hemi heads. 14-71 blower with efi.

Love the color but not too sure about the "Hot Wheel" look............. confused
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 04:27 PM

Any details/link to the heads?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart

Love the color but not too sure about the "Hot Wheel" look............. confused

Hot Wheels is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the photo. grin
Posted By: bonefish

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 05:23 PM

NO LOVE FOR HOT WHEELS??? common guys!!
Posted By: dogdays

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 07:15 PM

Wowza!

Seems to me that it's a show car and is supposed to be out there in design. To my taste, it's a job well done. You guys need to up your Geritol dosage.

R.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By dogdays
Wowza!

Seems to me that it's a show car and is supposed to be out there in design. To my taste, it's a job well done. You guys need to up your Geritol dosage.

R.

No Geritol here, car looks funked up. Has it been sectioned or something? Either way since it's a show car does the engine actually run?

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By dogdays
Wowza!

R.

It`s an open forum..................put it out there and get comments weather YOU like em or not..............I drink Mr. Hyde actually before a serious work out and still have enuff energy to work 8-10 hrs. when necessary but thankxxx for askin. beer
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 08:25 PM

Looks like a 2 seater? Is it on a Viper chassis?
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 08:29 PM

So, what was the point of posting a pic of that show-only car in THIS forum? If its to elicit a response, well, here is mine, with particular emphasis to the back wheels....... puke

Hopefully, Dragula will see this and chime in. laugh2
Posted By: upnover

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 11:24 PM

did it get rearended? looks like someone hit it in the a*s and shortened it 10"
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/29/15 11:27 PM

I would like to see the motor. Hot wheels are still fun.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 12:13 AM

I was biting my tongue but I think its a strange looking thing that lacks the proper proportions.

You gotta give a guy credit if he designed and cast a hemi head for the v10 ... especially when you consider it then needs custom pistons, rocker system, etc !!!
Posted By: D-50

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 12:47 AM

Looks like it has 24's on the back.
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 12:52 AM

Looks to have the doors, roof, and quarters shortened to try to look like a muscle machines toy.

Attached picture 61180CG.jpg

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 01:52 AM

If you compare it to a stock Cuda, the doors appear to be shortened, and the rear wheelwells are obviously enlarged. The rockers were lowered as well.

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 01:52 AM

Yes, it runs. smirk The doors have been shortened a foot. Has a 4 link Strange (Dana) 60 rear.

Unreal car. You can see build pics at www.crankshopvt.com

He designed the heads after the Gen.III. He did all the design, as well as the mold making and core box work to have the heads, valve covers, and intake cast. He also designed and machined the valve train in house.

And yes, the whole idea was to make a full size Muscle Machines replica. drive

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By DusterDave
So, what was the point of posting a pic of that show-only car in THIS forum? If its to elicit a response, well, here is mine, with particular emphasis to the back wheels....... puke

Why? Because I felt like it. The engineering that went into this car can be appreciated by some of the members here. This car was hand built, not pieced together out of a catalog.
Designed and cast any cylinder heads or intakes lately?
Posted By: tubtar

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 03:13 AM

The effort that went in to this cannot be overstated.
But maybe I am too old school to enjoy seeing classic body lines messed with.
Can I applaud your work on the development of the heads and intake and not be thrilled with the finished product ?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 03:37 AM

Were the doors shortened from top to bottom as well?
Definitely achieved the goal on the build.
Posted By: dodger mope

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 03:39 AM

your friend Larry has a lot of skills
Posted By: D-50

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By dodger mope
your friend Larry has a lot of skills

Yes good work on the engine components , not so much on car.

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By DusterDave

Why? Because I felt like it. The engineering that went into this car can be appreciated by some of the members here. This car was hand built, not pieced together out of a catalog.
Designed and cast any cylinder heads or intakes lately?

If you're asking me that question, there's no reason to. My comments were directed strictly at the over the top, cartoonish body mods. Now, regarding the hand made heads and intake, he earns my respect, no question. bow
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 04:43 AM

Some of you oldtimers will have to help me out here but 50 years ago in the comics there were rod roosters (rat fink) if I am remembering right. 3 x 3 stickers that we as kids stuck on everything. Way to cartoon looking for my tastes and just another all show and no go example for the car show crowd

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 06:19 AM

I also think the skills needed to accomplish the finished results stands alone or among very few I have seen no doubt again HIGHLY appreciated skills just not MY style.............. thumbs
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 01:42 PM

Quote:
And yes, the whole idea was to make a full size Muscle Machines replica.

The blower and scoop aren't big enough. laugh2

Just messin' with ya. Obviously the amount of skill, talent and work that went into it is certainly something to be admired. Personally I don't get it but whatever blows your skirt up...

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 02:04 PM

TrWaters, that link you provided doesn't work. This one does: http://www.thecrankshopvt.com/

What did the engine make on the dyno?
Posted By: BBR

Re: V-10 Hemi Cuda - 06/30/15 03:36 PM

Correct link

http://www.thecrankshopvt.com/
© 2024 Moparts Forums