Moparts

Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers?

Posted By: BradH

Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/03/15 08:34 PM

I have the same Indy no-logo cast covers for my Victors that I used w/ my Stage VIs. However, if I need more rocker arm clearance w/ the Victors, I was looking at the fabricated covers that 440 Source lists here.

Any feedback on fit, construction, leakage issues / concerns, etc., is appreciated. Thanks. - Brad
Posted By: 1968RR

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/03/15 08:38 PM

I have a set on my Indy SRs and I haven't had any issues. They're pretty well-constructed and they fit pretty well (no leaks).
Posted By: turbofreek

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/04/15 04:48 AM

Had a pair on my ol 440. Fit snug and nice.

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/04/15 01:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. They sound like a decent alternative if the Indy cast covers have any clearance issues.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/04/15 04:10 PM

I broke my dr. side cast Mopar performance v-c around the outer bolt and now it leaks a bit and need good covers that clear HS rockers. Do these clear by chance? thumbs
Posted By: moparlifer

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/04/15 04:13 PM

On victor heads with offset rockers, mine hit the pan rail and had to be ground for clearance and I lost a lot of sealing area when done!

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/04/15 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By moparlifer
On victor heads with offset rockers, mine hit the pan rail and had to be ground for clearance and I lost a lot of sealing area when done!

The description on the page I linked above does mention needing to clearance the rail for Victor heads, so not a surprise. I know some rockers would make that more of an issue than others.

EDIT: What about distributor clearance w/ those covers on Victor heads? work

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/04/15 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
I broke my dr. side cast Mopar performance v-c around the outer bolt and now it leaks a bit and need good covers that clear HS rockers. Do these clear by chance? thumbs

Based on how the pics show they flair out from the base compared to my Indy cast covers, I'd say they'd provide more room than your MP covers.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/04/15 05:09 PM

Good 2 know........Thankxxx....... thumbs
Posted By: MoParFish

Re: Any "reviews" of 440 Source fabricated valve covers? - 06/05/15 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By moparlifer

The description on the page I linked above does mention needing to clearance the rail for Victor heads, so not a surprise. I know some rockers would make that more of an issue than others.

EDIT: What about distributor clearance w/ those covers on Victor heads? work

My valve covers are procomp which are similar. I also had to clearance the flange so they would drop straight down over the studs without hitting the HS rockers. I use and re-use Felpro blue stripe cork gaskets on valve covers and oil pan with no sealer and no leaks. I use an MSD distributor without issue. twocents thumbs

Those 440Source covers do look nice with thicker flanges!

Attached File
VC1.jpg  (686 downloads)
Attached picture MP1.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums