Moparts

AFX

Posted By: BERTS DART

AFX - 01/18/09 12:22 AM

These pictures came with a 65 Plymouth I bought.

Attached picture 4954825-VIRGINIAN.jpg

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 01:43 AM

More

Attached picture 4954977-SOX.jpg

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 01:47 AM

Landy

Attached picture 4954994-LANDY.jpg

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 01:48 AM

11th Commandment

Attached picture 4954998-11thCommandment.jpg

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 01:52 AM

Landy's Dodge

Attached picture 4955009-LANDY\'SDODGE.jpg

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 01:56 AM

Special Formula

Attached picture 4955024-SPECIALFORMULA.jpg

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 02:06 AM

Melrose Missile

Attached picture 4955062-MELROSEMISSILE.jpg

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 02:07 AM

Sox & Martin

Attached picture 4955064-SOX&MARTIN.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 02:51 AM

Great stuff. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess teh guy you bought your car from was an AWB fan...
Seriously, though, the Melrose Missile VII restoration should finally be completed and ready for action this summer.

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 03:37 AM

He is a free-lance magazine writer who was building an AFX clone for the street. Circumstances led me to buy the car from him. I also got alot of "factory" instruction paperwork and parts lists along with the pix. They have been copied a few times, but interesting reading.
Posted By: RaceCarRegistry

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 04:20 AM

You must be talking about the Melrose Missile VII REPLICA using some of the original parts since the original car was cut-up and destroyed by Cecil Yother. Would that be correct ?? Thanks, Reed in Neb.
Posted By: topside

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 05:43 AM

Yes, Reed, it's not a restoration of the original body - the original tub doesn't exist. I should have said re-bodied. Being that it uses a lot of the original parts, and the fab work & appearance is period-correct, I consider it a bit more of a restoration than what most folks would call a replica, which lately implies more deviation from correct/original.
Posted By: RaceCarRegistry

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 05:57 AM

Thanks Steve, I glad it's being done and I'm sure that Mr. Cecil Y. is plenty excited.
I'm doing a replica of the "Sensation" (Ex- Melrose Missile VI) using the Don Long chassis, straight axle, floor, rollbar, etc. It's pretty Kool to build something you can "show&go" and not worry about screwing up a "real" car.
Many Thanks for the interesting info and please keep us informed of it's progress.
Reed in Neb.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 03:01 PM

hey Steve...nice pics...

can you post some pics of the car you purchased and perhaps during the construction..

thanks......Jeff
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 06:24 PM

AWB cars are some of my absolute favorites.
Posted By: drag440

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 08:46 PM

Quote:

This car is at Paradise Road Speed Shop in Richmond, VA. now. The guy that owns the shop owns the car.

Re: AFX - 01/18/09 10:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

This car is at Paradise Road Speed Shop in Richmond, VA. now. The guy that owns the shop owns the car.

It's nice to see some of the old ones still with us--so many are not!
Posted By: Primer King

Re: AFX - 01/19/09 02:01 AM

Thanx for sharing the pics that you got with your project. Looking forward to seeing pics of your prject when you get to 'em. Will be nice to see the remains of the Melrose Missile worked into a proper recreation.

Just got signed up here, found it in a google search for AWB stuff. Longtime AWB fan here, finally got around to starting one of my own. It's a little rough and far from pretty, but definetly accurate for a an ol' AWB-converted-S/S lightwieght trying to keep up in 67-68.Loosely based on Shirl Greer's "Tension" '65 Dodge. www.primerking.com

Re: AFX - 01/19/09 02:40 AM

Quote:

Thanx for sharing the pics that you got with your project. Looking forward to seeing pics of your prject when you get to 'em. Will be nice to see the remains of the Melrose Missile worked into a proper recreation.

Just got signed up here, found it in a google search for AWB stuff. Longtime AWB fan here, finally got around to starting one of my own. It's a little rough and far from pretty, but definetly accurate for a an ol' AWB-converted-S/S lightwieght trying to keep up in 67-68.Loosely based on Shirl Greer's "Tension" '65 Dodge. www.primerking.com

I got my car before it was too hacked up and put it back stock with a 426 wedge. Sold it to a guy in Indy and heard it is in N.C. now. I know the Greer family. Not really well, but raced with his son Van every week at Bristol. He still races there, I don't. They live in Kingsport, about 20 miles away.
Thanks for the interest. I love them too!
© 2024 Moparts Forums