Moparts

Flexplate recertification

Posted By: tact1

Flexplate recertification - 05/29/15 06:09 PM

Called B&M to have a flexplate sent back for re-certification. Been trying to get a response via e-mail by registering and they never sent me an e-mail link to complete registration. They also never responded to my request to start a customer service "ticket." I called them today and got a response from the phone rep. that said "We don't re-certify our flexplates." So I have to buy a new one? He said "Yes." That was about as poor customer service as I have found. I will never buy anything else from B&M. Question is, what do I buy? TCI? Or, does anyone ever check certification dates during tech inspection?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Flexplate recertification - 05/29/15 06:12 PM

That is pretty much the same with everyone. No one recerts that I am aware of except Meziere and Reactor, both of those are north of $350. Some will send you a certificate good for some $$ of the NEXT one you buy. Just the way it is these days, built in income.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Flexplate recertification - 05/29/15 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By tact1
Question is, what do I buy? TCI? Or, does anyone ever check certification dates during tech inspection?
I've never seen (or heard of)a NHRA tech inspector crawl under any car to look at the dates on the SFI tags work Stock Mopar flexplates can and will crack when abused enough by a out of balanced motor but that isn't dangerous like the other brands with the ring gears on the flexplates that can fly apart and become shrapnel work shruggy
Posted By: tact1

Re: Flexplate recertification - 05/29/15 07:28 PM

Looks like I will put it back on and run it some more. Thanks.
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Flexplate recertification - 05/30/15 02:42 AM

JW will recert their Billet flexplate. They no longer recert "The Wheel". Naturally billet is more expensive.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Flexplate recertification - 05/30/15 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By Blucuda413
JW will recert their Billet flexplate. They no longer recert "The Wheel". Naturally billet is more expensive.

Same as Meziere and Reactor, thye recert billet pieces.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Flexplate recertification - 05/30/15 02:00 PM

You couldn't see the tag on mine if you tried. If they were worried about the ring gear you would think they would certify Mopar converters. Oops did I say that? I better shut up before they do.
Doug
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Flexplate recertification - 05/30/15 02:32 PM

I have never ever had any tech ask about FP cert.if they did GOOD LUCK tryin to get a look at it. runaway
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Flexplate recertification - 05/30/15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By bonefish
I have never ever had any tech ask about FP cert.if they did GOOD LUCK tryin to get a look at it. runaway
iagree but they do ask me about half the time. I got a spare cert sticker with my damper which I display. Other than my helmet ( which they check every time ), belts, damper, flex plate, fuel tank ground, batt shut-off, fuel line routing, wheel studs, locking trans stick, are hit and miss. I think the tech guys get together in the morning and decide what they are going to hit on for the day. shruggy
© 2024 Moparts Forums