Moparts

Just got a call from MoparAl

Posted By: Airwoofer

Just got a call from MoparAl - 05/22/15 04:56 PM

I haven't heard from him in a while and was about to call him with news about the 540 when he calls me. Bad news, since he left his traveling job last winter he has had a few strokes and is in bad shape. He did get his 572 Dart running and busted a 1.20 / 5.20 in the 130's. First and only pass since he re-did it and built the new bullet. Sold the Dart cheap, it went to Montgomery. I think he wants to sell his low 4 second Cuda.

He hasn't been back here since the site changed. Anybody wants his number to call him, shoot me a PM. I am going to try to visit him this weekend.

Getting old isn't for wimps...
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Just got a call from MoparAl - 05/22/15 05:32 PM

Alan is good peoples.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Just got a call from MoparAl - 05/22/15 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By Airwoofer
Getting old isn't for wimps...

That's the second time today I've heard that said. Earlier this morning I was speaking to neighbors of mine as they were leaving for a camping trip and they mentioned the husband of the couple who lives two houses up the street from them passed away suddenly on Wednesday.

I mentioned that I'd turned 56 last week and the husband of the couple with whom I was talking responded... "Getting old isn't for wimps." No sh!t.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Just got a call from MoparAl - 05/22/15 06:07 PM

No kidding.
Both my parents died when they were exactly 60( from completely different issues)
I turn 60 the week before Norwalk........ Hope I make it.......
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Just got a call from MoparAl - 05/22/15 06:25 PM

If you live long enough you will get old, it ain't easy, peaceful or painless either runaway I don''t like the alternative so I will suffer, enjoy the good stuff, make the most of what I'm dealt and live on until it ends up Nobody gets out of life alive work shruggy
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Just got a call from MoparAl - 05/22/15 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
If you live long enough you will get old, it ain't easy, peaceful or painless either runaway I don''t like the alternative so I will suffer, enjoy the good stuff, make the most of what I'm dealt and live on until it ends up Nobody gets out of life alive work shruggy

AMEN................I have muscles and joint pain that I didn't know about years ago but I keep eating good and working out at 54 and so far so good plus I figure I have a few good years left since S.W.A.T. tried to end that years ago and I'm still kickin........I hope he's ok and can kick this game we play called "LIFE".......
Posted By: D-50

Re: Just got a call from MoparAl - 05/22/15 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By B3422W5
No kidding.
Both my parents died when they were exactly 60( from completely different issues)
I turn 60 the week before Norwalk........ Hope I make it.......

Both of my parents died at 58, one with lung cancer and the other with colon/prostate cancer. I am 54 it does make you wonder.

I hope Al is doing ok I have messaged him back and forth a few times. He seems like a nice guy. I hate that he sold his Dart.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Just got a call from MoparAl - 05/22/15 08:14 PM

Scary stuff. I'm 59 now and had a heart attach 16 years ago and lost 1/4 of my heart. Slowly gaining weight since I retired in 2010 and wasn't happy how I felt so I started cutting out junk carbohydrates and walking 5 days a week. I'm up to 3 to 3 1/2 miles a day and down 17 pounds so far but I have a LONG ways to go.
© 2024 Moparts Forums