Moparts

Street Outlaws

Posted By: bigdad

Street Outlaws - 05/19/15 01:56 PM

if you missed it last night ..

http://vodlocker.com/ewmmhme16oe3
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/19/15 02:35 PM

Watched it. I didn't like it at first, but it's good entertainment.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/19/15 04:16 PM

They are starting to find out that they are NOT the fastest street cars in the Nation. FAST but not the fastest. Great show.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/19/15 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
They are starting to find out that they are NOT the fastest street racers in the Nation. FAST but not the fastest. Great show.

Fixed.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/19/15 04:29 PM

The big $50k race will bring out the champions.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/19/15 08:46 PM

Did you guys happen to notice how many advertizements there were during last nights show. That should tell you something.
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/19/15 08:59 PM

They know they are not fooling anyone with the "street CAR" label anymore so they're even calling a Pro Mod a Pro Mod now at least. The Procharged SB Vega seems pretty legit though. I like to watch those guys drive them cars all "loose" like they do, that is what I like, they do wheel them things.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/20/15 02:52 AM

Who dies? I'm guessing its Farm's dog..
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/20/15 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By Jeepmon

That's my vote.
Posted By: E-Ticket

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/20/15 05:18 AM

I think her name is Louise....??
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/20/15 06:00 AM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
They know they are not fooling anyone with the "street CAR" label anymore so they're even calling a Pro Mod a Pro Mod now at least. The Procharged SB Vega seems pretty legit though. I like to watch those guys drive them cars all "loose" like they do, that is what I like, they do wheel them things.
The Vega has been on AND completed Drag Week

Monte
Posted By: topside

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/21/15 04:20 AM

Personally, I think Big Chief is one of the funniest guys on prime-time TV. His wit reminds me of a couple of guys I used to race with.
Interesting that they've been getting waxed by some of the other guys; guess ya can't script everything, but they're honest enough to show it.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/21/15 03:11 PM

Louise is pretty old. I am pretty sure he had the same dog with him the first time I saw the farm truck here in Tulsa. It was a great sleaper at the time, I wouldn't have thought twice about it until the A1000 or equivalent mega fuel pump came on, then I had to have a second look lol.
Posted By: 67Satty

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/21/15 05:22 PM

I wish they could get someone who is into racing and cars to edit the racing sequences. They don't even show the burnouts. Then, most of the race is cutting back and forth between the GoPro shots of the side of the wheel and fender going down the road. It takes 20 seconds to show the 5 second pass. When the cars are getting out of shape, you can't even tell what's going on it's so chopped up.
Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/21/15 05:50 PM

I like some parts of the show. You would think that after 5 seasons big chief would be making enough money to get his teeth fixed...The new paint on his car looks nice though.

I like the cars. I usually fast forward the scripted fun with farmtruck and asian that stuff bores me. It also annoys me that there is no sound from the race cars. They always play the same sound clip that sounds like an old dodge pickup peeling out of a parking lot.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/21/15 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By topside
Personally, I think Big Chief is one of the funniest guys on prime-time TV. His wit reminds me of a couple of guys I used to race with.
Interesting that they've been getting waxed by some of the other guys; guess ya can't script everything, but they're honest enough to show it.
iagreethe whole cast is funny as hell and they seem to be down to earth normal guys.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/21/15 11:33 PM

I like watching, just turn on the bs meter.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/22/15 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By Quicktree
Originally Posted By topside
iagreethe whole cast is funny as hell and they seem to be down to earth normal guys.
They are all good guys and were before this started. What you see is what they are. I was out there a month or so back to tune Dominators new EFI setup. No film crews or anything. We rolled up on Chief and Shawns shop and they had a building full of cars they were working on and tuning on the chassis dyno for customers. Their business seemed pretty good. The shop Dominators car was in, was visited by Doc, Monza, Derrick and Dave while I was there. They are all friends. Farmtruck and Asian kinda do their own thing, but the rest see each other all the time..........I go back in July to work on Derrick's car, as he is installing EFI as well.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/22/15 03:12 PM

Is Derrick as big a tool as he seems Monte? The rest seem like decent people.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/22/15 03:50 PM

I actually like Derrick. He would fit in just fine in these parts.
That's called smack talking, and is a big part of street racing.
Here there is no list, it's all a out $$$.
like $5,000 and up per run.
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/22/15 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By Eric
Is Derrick as big a tool as he seems Monte?

I got the same impression. That whole cutting the sleeves off somebody's t-shirt that he beats seems like a punk move, like the guy around here who would snap the antenna off people's cars who lost to him.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/22/15 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By Eric
Is Derrick as big a tool as he seems Monte? The rest seem like decent people.
He is mouthy, but really a good guy and everybody likes him. They have him play it up on TV and careful editing make it appear worse than it really is. He and Dominator were going back and forth about who was going to beat who, while I was there.......but you could tell there were just joking around and having fun..........Every show needs a "bad guy".........LOL!!!...........As far as I know, the "sleeves" thing wasn't HIS idea.

Monte
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/22/15 06:44 PM

Saw on FB murdernova went 4.42 on 275s
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/22/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By moparniac

Saw that on Youtube yesterday too.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/23/15 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By moparniac
Now that CAN'T be right. The cars are really slow and it is just all TV hocus pocus................LOL!!!!.........At least that is what Doc Fibergeezer and all the other haters say.........LOL!!

Monte

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/23/15 07:04 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCWHHPocCM
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/23/15 04:15 PM

That's some serious mph from Shawn's car!

Does Kye ever run his Camaro with the clocks on, or is he only grudge racing that thing?

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/23/15 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By Blusmbl
That's some serious mph from Shawn's car!

Does Kye ever run his Camaro with the clocks on, or is he only grudge racing that thing?
He has.....time slips are just hard to come across.

Here is the thing about the show. Unless you are just a pure "hater" and won't admit it, or an idiot, you KNOW these cars are really fast. They have all been to the track at one time or another, or how else would you know if the changes you make are right. But the KEY to the whole thing is getting the car down the street. If you think these guys just blast down the street with their same race tunes, then you have never run anything with power down a street. They are just GOOD at what they do. Not saying others can't, but these guys are pretty good.

But if you notice lately, they are getting some stiffer competition(Kye Kelly), where before they were just blasting everybody. With the popularity of the show, lots of guys are trying to figure out how to get power down a street and do it quickly They were beating everyone so bad at first, all the talk was the "show is fixed".........No, it's NOT, never has been, they were just better at this than most.

If you remember the show with Mike Murrillo, he NEVER got his car to make a clean pass without peddling it and he is one of the best I have ever seen at managing power. He is a really bright guy and has about 8 world championships to prove it. So while not impossible to get a fast race car down a public street, it ain't easy either.

All about the street. I know on one fairly recent road trip, the 405 guys got beat up pretty good out of town. NOT because the guys had fast cars, but because the street where the locals chose to race was really bad. They KNEW the street, the 405 guys didn't. Suffice it to say a bunch of slow cars, beat a bunch of fast cars.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/23/15 06:56 PM

That is my draw to the show Monte, they are driving the hell out of the cars.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/23/15 07:40 PM

I agree that driving the cars is the key to Street Outlaws. That has always been the draw for me when we street raced and when we hit the King of Street contests at the local strip. The fastest car does not typically win, the best driver does.

Driving a traction limited car is much more fun and exciting than just punching a button and the throttle.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/23/15 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By DaveRS23
I agree that driving the cars is the key to Street Outlaws. That has always been the draw for me when we street raced and when we hit the King of Street contests at the local strip. The fastest car does not typically win, the best driver does.

Driving a traction limited car is much more fun and exciting than just punching a button and the throttle.
sure it is, if someone else is footing the bill when it goes on the lid.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/24/15 02:09 AM

Well, I'm sorry you don't trust your driving skills. You're missing a lot of fun. But a good man knows his limitations. (Clint said that) As for me, been racing for better than 40 years and ain't been up-side-down yet. Well, there was that one time on the dirt track....................

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/24/15 06:19 AM

80% of the cars I have raced myself, or driven for others, have been small tire cars. I have yet to come close to putting one of the roof and have had two minor incidents in 36 years of racing. Flattened the right side of the GTX against the wall at Huntsville in the 90s when it went on the chute mount and went right. Knocked the front off a blown alky Pro-Mod when it broke a wheelie bar. Most small tire crashes, or any for that matter, are caused by overdriving and failure to lift when you should. Has nothing to do with the size of the rear tire, or amount of power.

Monte

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/24/15 12:34 PM

Well, I'm sorry you don't trust your driving skills. You're missing a lot of fun. But a good man knows his limitations. (Clint said that) As for me, been racing for better than 40 years and ain't been up-side-down yet. Well, there was that one time on the dirt track....................
really lol, how many 3000hp cars have you driven down a street?

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/24/15 03:05 PM

really lol, how many 3000hp cars have you driven down a street?

"on the lid, 3,000hp" Is everything to the extreme and absurd with you? Why are you bothered by someone enjoying watching guys drive hi powered cars?

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/24/15 05:31 PM

I love to watch them don't know where you got the idea I didn't. I love the show they are a bunch of real guys having fun. wish we had a group like that around here. you just acted like you could just get in the seat of one of them and hammer down. like I said if someone else is paying the bills it would give you a more sense of IM not worried about crashing attitude. I can't afford the risk. has nothing to do with ability. i have driven a bunch of fast cars (7 second 1/4 mile range)have you?

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/24/15 07:57 PM

Just calm down. You mis-interpreted the post and over-reacted. Twice.

But we are all real happy to know just how fast you have went.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/24/15 08:34 PM

Just calm down. You mis-interpreted the post and over-reacted. Twice.

But we are all real happy to know just how fast you have went.
laugh2 just letting you know I am not a rookie at racing. been doing it for nearly 40 years. all is good I am very passionate about my racing even though I haven't done a lot of it here lately.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/25/15 04:30 AM

We in central VA can proudly boast that we have two of the crappiest tracks in the country. Natural bridge the starting line is decent but the bumps are awful. If that's not enough the track equipment has to have a diaper and it's soaked. New London an ole airstrip been raced sense the 50's. Water leaching holes dips bumps broken pavement. You name it but packed every time the gates open. You get your car hooking on street then take some more timing out. I would love OKC to try the Bedford area guys at New London. They could check out the D-day memorial while here.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/25/15 06:29 PM

I don't have cable TV, so I've never seen the show before. But with all the talk about it on the internet, I watched the new episode on youtube.
Good entertainment, kinda fun to watch, but it seems like the WWF.
I do not believe that they actually race. It looks to me like it is all staged, fake, theatrics. They NEVER once showed a race. Just a bunch of short little clips that appear to be staged for the camera, which was mounted on the back of a squirrel, with a monkey operating the remote, then edited to kind of sort of look like a race happened.
I also don't believe that anyone would let their competitor prep the road like a track, assuring themselves a loss, in a race for $10 grand.

So either there is more to this that has been show in past episodes, that proves they really race, or you guys are a lot more gullible than I would have thought.

I don't suppose I'll watch it anymore, unless I hear that they start showing real racing.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/25/15 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
I don't have cable TV, so I've never seen the show before. But with all the talk about it on the internet, I watched the new episode on youtube.
Good entertainment, kinda fun to watch, but it seems like the WWF.
I do not believe that they actually race. It looks to me like it is all staged, fake, theatrics. They NEVER once showed a race. Just a bunch of short little clips that appear to be staged for the camera, which was mounted on the back of a squirrel, with a monkey operating the remote, then edited to kind of sort of look like a race happened.
I also don't believe that anyone would let their competitor prep the road like a track, assuring themselves a loss, in a race for $10 grand.

So either there is more to this that has been show in past episodes, that proves they really race, or you guys are a lot more gullible than I would have thought.

I don't suppose I'll watch it anymore, unless I hear that they start showing real racing.

Where is Monte? drinking popcorn
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/25/15 07:05 PM

I've read the posts by Monte. He says the cars are fast. He says the guys are real. He does not say that they really race, and he does not say that what we see on tv is a real side by side, one take, whatever happens happens,150+ mph street race.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/25/15 07:59 PM

Uhhhh, YES, I have, several times. The racing is as real as it gets. I, like many others, don't care for the way they edit the races, but they are indeed real side by side races..........And how do I KNOW, because I have BEEN there for many of them.

Also the "Cash Days" deal is a REAL thing. This race has been going on for years, WAY before this TV show. While this is JUST a TV show, Discovery approached THEM, after watching a bunch of their street racing videos on the internet. These guys have had this "List" thing for a LONG time. Doc, Monza, Chief, Shawn, Dave and a couple others were customers of mine WAY before this show started and I knew about the "List" a long time ago.

Monte
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/25/15 11:14 PM

Without unedited video of you glued to the scoop of a car, filming a race in real time, while capturing at least 2 cars in side by side, wheel to wheel action, with on-board telemetry proving these aren't 13 second machines.......it never happened.

Please provide a certificate of validation from the Department of Weights & Measures and NASA engineers.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/26/15 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By jim sciortino
Without unedited video of you glued to the scoop of a car, filming a race in real time, while capturing at least 2 cars in side by side, wheel to wheel action, with on-board telemetry proving these aren't 13 second machines.......it never happened.

Please provide a certificate of validation from the Department of Weights & Measures and NASA engineers.
work work
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/26/15 12:26 AM

there's live satellite tracking of this.... think they were using Skylab smile
Posted By: BradH

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/26/15 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted By Jeepmon

That's my vote.

Yep, Louise the pooch passed on in last night's show.

They had the whole deal where FT had his dog cremated and put the ashes into a spare N2O bottle so he could take her for one last pass on the street.

As my wife watched this part, she looked over and basically said (not her exact words though) "WTF???" shruggy?

wave

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/26/15 09:54 PM

Dog-gone it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't watch it yet. LOL

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/26/15 11:00 PM

Dog-gone it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't watch it yet. LOL
not funny, very sad

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/26/15 11:58 PM

Shaun(Farmtruck's real name) LOVED that dog. As corny as some may think it is, some get extremely attached to pets and take their deaths VERY hard. That would be Farmtruck. So me and others, not being the real sentimental type about pets might think the casket and "last ride" a little over the top, but if that is what helps him deal with it, I have no problem with it and would never make fun of it.

They didn't elaborate on the show, but I think she got hit outside around Farmtruck's shop. I think he recently changed shops to a more congested area and she wasn't used to it.

Monte
Posted By: clonestocker

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

They didn't elaborate on the show, but I think she got hit outside around Farmtruck's shop. I think he recently changed shops to a more congested area and she wasn't used to it.

That makes Louise's passing even harder. frown

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By clonestocker

That makes Louise's passing even harder. frown
Yeah, she was old, but NOT sick......so was totally unexpected.

Monte
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 02:45 AM

work work
What's with the scratchin', Quickster??? laugh2

Just pokin' a little fun at those that think wheelin' 4 second cars on the street is fake.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 03:23 AM

Oh, Louise got killed. No wonder FT was beside himself. I had just assumed the old girl kicked off natural like.

Man, that double sucks.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 04:58 AM

Finally got a chance to watch this weeks Street Outlaws and that was sad. This is from their Facebook.

Thank you so much for the outpouring of support from all the Louise fans out there. It's unbelievable how many people watch Street Outlaws and regardless of the nature of the show, the human condition shines through and we all prove that we're all still very human. We can't thank you enough.

- Farmtruck and AZN

Attached picture 11350557_579050295571578_6122393603840621109_n.jpg
Posted By: ragin sonny

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 05:19 AM

we raised a spoiled rotten beagle for 16 years . she had a huge personality and was fearless. every time I fired up the dodge,with open headers,vibration,fumes, etc, she would jump in ,ready for a ride! I loved that dog like no other !

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 07:25 AM

work work
What's with the scratchin', Quickster??? laugh2

Just pokin' a little fun at those that think wheelin' 4 second cars on the street is fake.
iagreejust didn't understand the chinese laugh2
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 12:43 PM

Since my wife deleted the 2 hr season premiere, where can I find previous episodes online?

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 02:02 PM

When you don't have children losing a four legged kid can be very hard. I'm three weeks from 50 and have had dogs all but four years of my life. I've had seven total and four of them are still with us. They live a very long and happy life with me. Very sad to hear and much worse now that I know she did not die of natural causes. I can only imagine how bad he feels.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 03:09 PM

iagree I'm also one of those who gets very attached to my pets, so I can sympathize w/ Farmtruck. Lost my buddy Grits in February to cancer. He'd ridden shotgun in my cuda many times.

Attached picture grits.JPG
Posted By: Airwoofer

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 03:49 PM

I cried for 3 weeks when it was time to carry my wolfdawg over the bridge.

I can sympathize, especially with the way it happened.
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 04:12 PM

People who really know me, know I always have my dog with me. My dogs work with me, go on road trips after cars/parts and so on. So I can definitely relate to how he feels losing his dog. I had a couple dogs get hit by cars when I was pretty young, had some die of cancer also... but no matter how they go, no way is easier than the other.

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/27/15 05:45 PM

I went 50 plus years without being a pet owner till I took in my Cat (Hemi) that was dropped off by some City Slicker. I always feed them outside but this one stole my heart. He now goes racing with me when I take the motorhome as I would miss him to much if I left him stay at home. Here he is kicking back. You can NEVER understand someone loss until you own a pet and receive the love they have to share.

Attached File
Attached File

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/30/15 03:08 AM

I still can't find previous episodes online, I must be searching wrong or something. whiney
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/30/15 03:40 AM

Did you try Discovery. Com

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/30/15 05:45 AM

Farmtruck probably doesn't have a lot of family so the family he does have means a lot to him plain and simple. His tears were definitely real.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/30/15 05:53 AM

check this link prosport, just pick a ep then a link i use vodlocker
http://www.tvonline.tw/street-outlaws-2013/

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/31/15 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By theraif
check this link prosport, just pick a ep then a link i use vodlocker
http://www.tvonline.tw/street-outlaws-2013/

Perfect! Thank you Theraif!!!
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Street Outlaws - 05/31/15 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
Farmtruck probably doesn't have a lot of family so the family he does have means a lot to him plain and simple. His tears were definitely real.

Yep, Farmtruck's and AZN's tears were real. Farmtruck was so upset, he could hardly talk. Anyone who has lost a longtime pet would have have choked up a little watching that part of the episode.
Posted By: TrxR

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/01/15 01:03 AM

I know i was chocked up a bit. We had to put down my dog when i was 12 and she was 13 . I was raised with her being around. It was like losing a family member.
Posted By: TrxR

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/01/15 01:03 AM

I know i was chocked up a bit. We had to put down my dog when i was 12 and she was 13 . I was raised with her being around. It was like losing a family member.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/01/15 03:42 AM

I had to put down my Lab Sadee just over a year ago, I still miss her.

Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/01/15 09:34 AM

Sad, very sad! They touch you because they are so innocent. So loyal. I still miss you Doc!
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/02/15 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61
I had to put down my Lab Sadee just over a year ago, I still miss her.

Good looking pooch Sadie was !!!
Posted By: E-Ticket

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/02/15 05:13 AM

WOW......Suzy was definitely a life saver for Farmtruck........ Tear's instantly came rolling from my eye's when Azn brought her in the room.......

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/09/15 11:39 PM

If he had only known...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN_AmiKVEuM

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 12:29 AM

That was a real hard episode for me to enjoy last night. When the grunge racers start that chucking and jiving it makes me SICK. God I hate that. Shut the heck up and RACE already.
Posted By: blowndart

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 02:59 AM

That was a real hard episode for me to enjoy last night. When the grunge racers start that chucking and jiving it makes me SICK. God I hate that. Shut the heck up and RACE already.

iagree
I don't know how any of them could watch the replay of that episode and not be a little embarrassed of how they were acting. Just stupid IMO.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 12:40 PM

$1,000 a month for that garage?!!?
Wow. Something like that here would be about $5,000 a month.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 12:42 PM

That's what GRUDGE racing is. It isn't about who's faster. It's about getting your money.
It's all part of trying to get in someone's head, so they can get into your pocket.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 04:25 PM

After watching the show last monday I noticed that most of the guys they beat are nose down before and through the finish line.................ya whatever. Typical Hollywood bs and if you guys think this crap is real, then I have a mid 8-second purple Dart for sale.......CHEAP. whistling

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart

After watching the show last monday I noticed that most of the guys they beat are nose down before and through the finish line.................ya whatever. Typical Hollywood bs and if you guys think this crap is real, then I have a mid 8-second purple Dart for sale.......CHEAP. whistling
If a guy is out on you 6 cars and you are NOT catching him, what's the point of keeping your foot in it?

I just love all these so called "expert" opinions on something you clearly have no idea about.

Haters gonna hate and THAT is the bottom line
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 04:46 PM

Everyone has a right to there opinion,but if a guy is satchaying all over the place and then another guy rolls his car, it would seem to me that there trying to beat the guy in the other lane,whatever it takes.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 04:50 PM

If a guy is out on you 6 cars and you are NOT catching him, what's the point of keeping your foot in it?

I just love all these so called "expert" opinions on something you clearly have no idea about.

Haters gonna hate and THAT is the bottom line

You must have me confused w/someone else cos I`m far from a hater and no expert on anything...............kinda like you homey. tsk

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 05:21 PM

you can't be serious, you have been smoking way to much weed

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 05:29 PM

heck better yet slide on down there with about 10 large and call farmtruck out. he's the not even in the top ten. easy money for you

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 05:53 PM

heck better yet slide on down there with about 10 large and call farmtruck out. he's the not even in the top ten. easy money for you

You mean the slo-ass truck that beat an outlaw car..............yep, sure is real and I LOVE weed................try it you might mellow the fck out................. drumhit

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 06:15 PM

You mean the slo-ass truck...

I'd like to know just how "slo" that fugly truck really is. He sure put a major HP injection into it w/ his last rebuild, but what it actually does time-wise I could only guess-timate. shruggy

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 06:35 PM

Has anybody ever LOOKED at the Farmtruck with more than a passing glance. It just looks like [censored] on the OUTSIDE. It has a REALLY nice chassis under it, with a trick, lightweight front suspension. Rack and pinion, well braced up and a 600+" motor that made over 1000 on nuts, plus has two direct ports foggers on it...........yeah, it's a real slug. That slo ass truck will eat that Dart for lunch. When they are out "fishin" or whatever that silly crap is, they are on motor and you can see he is just winging the throttle a little to do what he has to. But when he is really "racing" it, the thing leavers like a rocketship, with the wheels in the air. The truck ran in the 5s on spray with a 502 crate motor BEFORE he put the big motor in it.

And Dom, if you are calling the racing "fake" and scripted...YES, you are hatin, because it is easy to watch and see that is NOT the case. You think those nitrous cars have the candles lit the whole way if they are just "idling" down through there and "faking" it. If you are racing one of those guys, or ANYBODY, you knock the tires off, pedal it a couple times, still knocking the tires off, all the while the other guy is GONE, what is the POINT in sticking your foot back in it.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 06:44 PM

Has anybody ever LOOKED at the Farmtruck with more than a passing glance.

Yeah, I've seen pics from under the engine bay and it was pretty clear there was far more happening chassis-wise than the exterior would lead you to believe. And I watched the episode about when he picked up the new engine and know it would snap my E-body in half w/ the spray "full on".

If I had to guess (and I'm pleading major ignorance here since all I know is what's shown on the tube, plus a few misc. other bits of info), I'd expect it could pull a low 8-sec pass in the 1/4. At some point the aerodynamics & weight (ASSuming it's still pretty freakin' heavy) got to put a limit on how fast it can go. I don't have a good 1/4-to-1/8th converter in my head, so I can't factor a 660 #.

EDIT: Just saw where you stated "The truck ran in the 5s on spray with a 502 crate motor BEFORE he put the big motor in it." so I really have NO clue how fast it is now.

EDIT #2: I'd still like to know how fast AZN's "Dung Beetle" really is, but it's fun to watch, regardless.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 07:25 PM

I know the truck is all about it`s "disguise" and I get that and the nos flames I get too wasn`t born yesterday and worked on some nos stuff at Pettis w/Douggie Manny and others. After the last show it seemed EVERY car in the left lane dropped the nose down and coasted when it wasn`t over and they weren`t out of shape. Are they fast, absolutely and a handful to drive but the wheel sawing is sometimes stupid and highly dramatic but I drive a lowly 9 second turd that I could drive w/two fingers so, shruggy

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 08:11 PM

I don't think I have enough for the farm truck at half the weight.
Posted By: hemid68

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 09:09 PM

Everybody that doesn't like it, doesn't have to watch!
I doubt the TV turns on by itself, and then changes directly to that channel. So what if it is not as real as everybody would like, it sure a heck beats "Dancing with the Stars", or some of the other crap on TV.
I tried to find the NHRA races on TV Sunday night, when they were supposed to be on, and got college baseball, and Sports Center, and not even a mention of what was going on with the races that were slotted for that time, or where it was. I know they didn't get rained out either.
At least I know every Monday night, Street Outlaws will be on, and at least it's a "car show."
You don't have to watch. but I will!
Just my opinion, and yes, I have a slow car, so I'm not even going to get into that deal.
Dan

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/10/15 09:40 PM

While they may edit SOME steering wheel sawing into the footage, these cars are a REAL handful to drive. I know last summer we were at Ardmore, testing with Doc, Monza, Dominator and the "Reaper" Camaro for a no-prep race coming up at Noble. At the time, Ardmore had not had a car down it in more than a month. Our "track prep" for the day, was to have them run the sweeper down it to get the rocks and dirt off. Everybody went down, but they were pretty much guardrail to centerline and doing a LOT of driving. No other way to put it.......the track was SLICK, but these guys muscled em down through there and all ran deep in the 4s. The "Reaper" actually got away from James on the first pass and knocked the front end off. It knocked the nose, rad and fuel cell off the car. He called a buddy with a portable welder to come out from Ok City, patched up the fuel cell mount, pulled the rad off and we tested the rest of the day with no nose. Slick track, no nose on the car and it was still carding 1.13-1.14 sixty foots, while basically black tracking for 600ft and running deep in the 4 sec zone. Corny show or not......the cars are NO JOKE.

I was just out there a while back, running Dominators Dart on the chassis dyno with the new EFI setup. We sprayed two kits on the dyno and it made over 1400hp at the tire. Figure drivetrain loss at 20% and that is over 1700 at the flywheel. Now MANAGE that power on a street and make it go......you are NOT driving that with two fingers

As for the truck.........yep, even at that weight, it is an easy mid 8 sec player if he legged it out. Vehicles as fast as it, will cover the back split in less than 3 seconds. So you figure what you THINK it runs in the 1/8......add 3 secs or a little less to that and you are close on the 1/4 ET.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/11/15 02:42 AM

I would like to the whole race start to finish as it happens. not back and forth angles with editing. then maybe add those shots in.
but i understand that would blow up there "spot" on how fast they are.
You can see how hard those cars leave.
i'd bet even boosted small tire car is in the 7's.
Posted By: Iowan

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/11/15 03:41 AM

If they did the race in one shot every one would no just how fast the cars are, that's the last thing the racers want.
Posted By: sixty7gtx

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/11/15 02:43 PM

What is the average ET of the Pontiac??
Posted By: GY3

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/11/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
I would like to the whole race start to finish as it happens. not back and forth angles with editing. then maybe add those shots in.
but i understand that would blow up there "spot" on how fast they are.
You can see how hard those cars leave.
i'd bet even boosted small tire car is in the 7's.

Boosted GT:

https://youtu.be/5t46bOleC4g

Murder Nova ran a 4.40 @ 176 on drag radials recently.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/11/15 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By BradH
You mean the slo-ass truck...

I'd like to know just how "slo" that fugly truck really is. He sure put a major HP injection into it w/ his last rebuild, but what it actually does time-wise I could only guess-timate. shruggy

Farm truck engine. From this article also featuring some words from ole Monte:

http://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories/pow...-nitrous-oxide/

Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/11/15 08:22 PM

As for the truck.........yep, even at that weight, it is an easy mid 8 sec player if he legged it out. Vehicles as fast as it, will cover the back split in less than 3 seconds. So you figure what you THINK it runs in the 1/8......add 3 secs or a little less to that and you are close on the 1/4 ET.

I love the show. Of course I would love to see something Ma powered being competitive. Or at all, really... But I understand.
I know that Farmtruck and Azn are a lot of comic relief on the show, but I was curious if the truck is farther up on the "real" list, or the gatekeeper there, as well?
Posted By: indcontrols

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/11/15 08:35 PM

I saw the Farmtruck in the Nitrous Express booth at the PRI show in Indianapolis, it's a serious piece (as well as a serious POS) !
Posted By: BARRACUDA340S

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/12/15 04:34 AM

I watch TV one night a week. Monday nights I come home from work and mow the grass, eat dinner while watching street outlaws then whatevers on after that. It's about the best car guy show we have if you like drag racing.

Like others have said I hate the fact we can't just watch the race from 1 or 2 angles. We all know how fast they are so no need to hide it. I'm convinced they do it to try and make it more exciting. Maybe it is for my girlfriend but to us guy's we want to see the race.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/12/15 03:39 PM

I think all the different angles are just filler, they take up time. Like some shows that recap what's happened after every commercial. Plus I bet that the majority of the viewers have never driven anything with 500hp on the street let alone 1500-2000 and they probably like it.

Like I've said before, cool show with fast cars and I just turn my BS meter on when I sit down to watch.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/13/15 03:30 AM

I love the show, it has awesome cars, good mix of characters, some comedy here and there, and again...awesome cars! Most tv shows are so dumb I can't make myself watch them, I almost never watch tv, but I sure do on Monday evenings when this is on. Even with the broken-up footage and camera angles I can still see that these cars are MOVIN!

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/13/15 07:16 AM

Some things simply amaze me, that people say. You have nitrous cars running down thru there with flames hung out the pipes 3ft. Pairs obviously side by side riding the wheelie bars for 100ft and others seen overpowering the road a LONG way out there, smoking the tires and getting sideways...........yet it still gets called fake and staged. Those people must think this show has the special effects budget of Star Wars or something.............LOL!!!..........Yep, that's it, all done on a "green screen"...............LOL!!!.......mystery solved
Posted By: racerx

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/13/15 03:21 PM

I"m giving the show a up cause as someone has already mention it's a car guy show and it's on Mondays is a plus,
but then again I like looking at Power nation on weekends also.

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/13/15 03:56 PM

great show great bunch of guys, screw the rest

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/13/15 04:44 PM

great show great bunch of guys, screw the rest

I enjoy it, manufactured drama / humor & all. My wife even watches it with me sometimes and likes the interaction they show between Chief and his wife & kids.

The cars haul a$$, the races certainly look real to me (spent enough days on the street many years ago to see that), even if the events are staged for the show, and it's one of the few things on TV I'll bother to watch these days.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Street Outlaws - 06/13/15 06:47 PM

I like the show.It is my favorite car show. I think Big Chief does a great job as the host/narrator of the show. Still amazing to me that they race those cars on the street. Monday and Wednesday nights are my favorite TV nights...Mon-Street Outlaws and Wed-Outdoor Channel "Wed night at the range".
© 2024 Moparts Forums