Moparts

11" pressure plate mopar,chevy,ford? Also bellhousing questions.

Posted By: kilroy

11" pressure plate mopar,chevy,ford? Also bellhousing questions. - 01/16/09 05:12 PM

Is there any difference in the 11" pressure plate between a mopar chevy and ford? If so what are the differences? Its a lot easier to find pressure plate for brand x and y! And let me ask this. Are the bellhousing flywheel specfic to the tooth count (aka 130 teeth flywheel and bellhousing) or can a 11 flywheel and 10.5 flywheel use the same bellhousing/starter teeth count combo?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 11" pressure plate mopar,chevy,ford? Also bellhousing questions. - 01/16/09 07:01 PM

There are three different stock type pressure plates used in the three bmajor brands, diaprahm in GM, Borg and Beck in Mopars and long style in Fords. You can use them on the after market flywheels as long as you get all the parts needed to make them work like the throw out bearing and so on. If your using a factory stock bell housing you can't, as far as I know, switch flywhels and use the same starter. The bell housing starter mounts are fix so you can't move the starter, not the same on a scatter shield. The scatter sheilds that I have used (Ansen and Lakewewood brands)have several starter mounting holes so you can change the flywheel size and move the starter as needed IHTHs

Re: 11" pressure plate mopar,chevy,ford? Also bellhousing questions. - 01/16/09 07:35 PM

So what your telling me is the pressure plate bolt positions are the same on the three manufacturers? What are the 11" , 10.5" flywheel counts or is it bb, sb, 6cyl teeth count and what are they.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: 11" pressure plate mopar,chevy,ford? Also bellhou - 01/16/09 08:45 PM

The two common "car" flywheels are 130 tooth for smallblocks and some 383's.Most of the bigblocks and later Hemi's with gear reduction starters got the 143 tooth wheel.If you are going with a big block you can do either way with an aftermarket bell like Cab said.If you are going with a factory bell you will need the correct flywheel.
If I were you I would get a Lakewood bell and a Hays billet 143 tooth race flywheel,it has just about every clutch bolt pattern that I have ever seen.
Most all B&B 11" clutches are universal for Chevy and Mopar.I have an 11"Mcleod plate that came off a bigblock Chevy in my car now.
Gus

Re: 11" pressure plate mopar,chevy,ford? Also bellhou - 01/16/09 08:56 PM

thanks for pressure plate info!
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: 11" pressure plate mopar,chevy,ford? Also bellhou - 01/18/09 02:02 AM

I think... (read think) that the zoom B&B pressure plate I have is the same for an 11" mopar and an 11" chevy truck.

I will check and get back to ya.

Doc.
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: 11" pressure plate mopar,chevy,ford? Also bellhou - 01/18/09 02:18 AM

Looks like my pressure plate number 250003 is obsolete.

I am pretty sure it was listed for Mopar and chevy trucks though.

Doc.
© 2024 Moparts Forums