Moparts

Mancini Racing webite sucks!

Posted By: GY3

Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/04/15 03:29 AM

The new online catalog is horrible!

Half of the descriptions are incomplete. I kept thinking it would get better over time but it hasn't.

I order 99% of my Mopar specific stuff from them and always get great service so I hate to go elsewhere. wrench
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/04/15 03:37 AM

I usually end up just calling them.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/04/15 05:11 AM

I did a lot of on-line browsing there and yes, the new setup absolutely stinks.
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/04/15 04:15 PM

I agree its terrible
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/04/15 05:00 PM

yeah, they could do better for sure
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/04/15 06:19 PM

It takes so much work to build (and maintain) a good website these days that most small business guys just can't keep up.

I redid my site a few years back and it looks good, but it is super difficult to keep maintained and I only have a little over 100 products. Even a little guy like me needs some sort of database driven website in order to keep up and those things are expensive.

Mancini probably carries 1000+ items and the parts are always changing. Prices change, parts come and go, vendors come and go, etc.

I'd love to know how much money Summit spends on their website each year. I bet it is a ton. They probably have at least 10 full time people working on that website.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/04/15 06:34 PM

I had zero complaints with the way it was before.

It would be nice if companies would debug before throwing the new version out there but I know that's time and labor intensive.
Posted By: MrSixpack

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/04/15 06:55 PM

I don't like it either.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/05/15 03:43 AM

Yes it was much better before.

Sheldon
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/05/15 04:48 AM

Yes, their site sucks.
Posted By: Just-a-dart

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/05/15 05:39 AM

Unless people tell them they will not change it. Tell them when you order.

I agree it does suck.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/06/15 03:57 PM

I agree...the old site was nice and I order a decent amount of stuff from them. The new site is horrible and frustrating to find stuff on.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/06/15 04:43 PM

Nothing beats an old fashion paper catalog, and when it goes out of date, it is still useful in the out house. Do that with a web site.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/06/15 05:06 PM

Has anyone had any luck getting the Moparts discount from Mancini? Every time I've tried it's the same story, "the discount doesn't apply to anything you've ordered" hammer.
Posted By: Mopar Junkie

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/06/15 10:46 PM

Hey Guys,

We’ve appreciate your comments and feedback regarding navigating through our new website and getting your Moparts discount applied.

First – Our new website
We apologize if it’s hard to navigate. It’s a work in progress and we’re updating product information/applications daily. Our old online store has been up since 1998 and has worked well, but it needed a tune up to work in this century. Our new online store will be able to offer you much more information, product images and instruction sheets.

With over 20,000 part numbers supplied by over 100 vendors, it’s a priority for us to make sure our online store contains the pertinent information you need when making your parts selection. We are working on it and we hope it doesn’t deter you from shopping with us online. We have even updated our order entry system so it will automatically send you an email conformation when your order has been processed. Our old invoicing system didn’t have that function.

Second – Getting you Moparts Discount applied to your order
To clarify the Moparts discount, it’s applied at the end of your order after it’s been process. The discount will show on the invoice that gets emailed to you. To make sure you get the discount, all you have to do is tell us your Moparts “Handle” to our sales rep on the phone. If you’re ordering online, type “Moparts” along with your handle on the comments box and it will also get applied.

Please note the Moparts discount will not be applied to items already on sale, clearance/blow out specials and apparel as these items have already been massively discounted.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us or email us.

Our phone number is 586-790-4100 and with our extensions and email addresses.

Rob Cunningham – General Manager
robc@manciniracing.com

Wes Sheehy – Sales Manager ext. 115
wess@manciniracing.com

Daren Borza – Sales Associate ext. 117
darenb@manciniracing.com
Posted By: Dart Racer

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/07/15 02:09 AM

Sometimes it's better to keep the old up and running until the new site is fully tested and operational.
Just a thought..... smile
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/07/15 04:09 AM

Websites are not easy to maintain, and I don't think they can keep the old one running while the new one gets going. Everything I order from Mancini has had very affordable shipping and arrives to my house quickly. I also noticed using the search feature on their website makes it pretty easy to find what you're looking for.
Posted By: Dart Racer

Re: Mancini Racing webite sucks! - 05/07/15 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By ProSport
Websites are not easy to maintain, and I don't think they can keep the old one running while the new one gets going.

My company does this all the time, it's called a dev site. That means we set up under a different domain name until it is tested and working. We have a select group of people who have access to do our testing. smile
© 2024 Moparts Forums