Moparts

Ideas for discount trailer cabinets?

Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/28/15 04:34 AM

I ordered a new Rance 28 foot enclosed race trailer, but I didn't spring for any cabinets because they were an extra 1800 bucks, and I felt like I was already spending too much.
Does anyone know where to buy some decent trailer cabinets at a discount? I prefer smooth, not diamond plate.

Thanks, Joel
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/28/15 03:05 PM

Wait till your sister remodels her kitchen,,and snag her old cabinets.
Worked for me!!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/28/15 03:24 PM

there was a guy on here not to long ago with some real nice old parts store cabs.i got the same thing in my trailer ,they work out great because they are not too deep like a reg cabinet
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/28/15 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By CHAPPER
Worked for me!!

^^^^^

This is why guys pop tires because they have everything in there trailers including the heavy wood kitchen cabinets and then blame it on cheap china tires.

IMO Hemijoe, you should have gone for the factory trailer cabinets, they are worth the money the factory charges, imo. It would be all done and lightweight when you get the trailer.

Plus having a heavy trailer cost you more fuel money every mile towed.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/28/15 07:14 PM

Call my buddy Charlie, he supports races and races himself

http://www.midwestracecabinetsusa.com/
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/28/15 08:19 PM

I've used old locking file cabinets with nice suspension drawers bolted up in the nose.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/28/15 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By Challenger 1
Originally Posted By CHAPPER
Worked for me!!

^^^^^

This is why guys pop tires because they have everything in there trailers including the heavy wood kitchen cabinets and then blame it on cheap china tires.

IMO Hemijoe, you should have gone for the factory trailer cabinets, they are worth the money the factory charges, imo. It would be all done and lightweight when you get the trailer.

Plus having a heavy trailer cost you more fuel money every mile towed.

He's right. I had a buddy put his own cabinets in from home depot and they weighed twice as much as the factory ones.
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/29/15 08:55 AM

I designed mine and built them out of marine grade plywood and a Formica counter top. It turned out good and I am not a carpenter.
I built them in 2 trailers I had and the last 2 trailers I bought the metal ones with the trailers. Easier to buy them installed and you don't notice the difference in the payment anyways.
All the cabinets I looked at were expensive and not built for my space I wanted them for. The reply above looks like good cabinets so that would be a good place to price them and see how it compares.
Good Luck
David
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/29/15 07:19 PM

thanks for all the great advice guys. I definitely don't want to have something heavy, poorly made, or tacky in my new trailer. I'm thinking more along the lines on getting a cheap price for the good stuff. Like buying at wholesale instead of retail. that link from Charlie looks pretty good. I could probably get what I need for a grand and save a thousand, once you include tax.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Ideas for discount trailer cabinets? - 04/29/15 08:29 PM

I think he will deal with you on a larger purchase too, good guy
© 2024 Moparts Forums