Moparts

Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca.

Posted By: Sammy

Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 01:45 AM

Builds Generation 2 Hemi's? I heard great things about Jason. My son wants to build a new big CI Hemi and I'm leaning towards Pettis Performance.
He's been working his tail off for 1-1/2 years now and has saved up for this new build.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 02:13 AM

is a BAE Hemi close enough? He has one of those running quite well!

http://www.nmradigital.com/2012/08/06/procharger-f3r-powers-doug-sikora-outlaw-105-record-run/
Posted By: 506RR

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 02:32 AM

Nothing negative to say about Pettis, but there are plenty of good builders way closer to PA.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 02:56 AM

Head down to Ray Barton.
Posted By: littleVAL

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 03:04 AM

I believe there are places that can do as good or better closer to you. I think that they are generally good they did the balance on my 340 maybe 18 years ago. They are local to me and I have used them but there prices used to be high. I assume they still are. I used to shoot pistols back when Bob Pettis was shooting a lot then he had an accident and I really have not kept up with things. You should ask thumper they did his motor back in the day.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 03:10 AM

Maybe the Cali. guys will chime in.
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 04:26 AM

Why not contact Larry Shepard...

Shepards Automotive
4131 S. Main Street
Akron, Ohio

http://www.hemisonly.com

1 of the best and most experienced Mopar guys around especially for Gen II Hemis..

Just my $0.02... wink
Posted By: racerx

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 11:04 AM

You should ask thumper they did his motor back in the day.
iagree Thumper has a lot of positive things to say bout them. up
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By 506RR
Nothing negative to say about Pettis, but there are plenty of good builders way closer to PA.

that was the thought lingering in my mind as well....

I've never used Pettis, but It's easy to see that A: he builds power. B: he has quite a few record holding combos in the PSCA out west. C: builds a solid engine... The B1 in Al's old Cuda is a testament to that.

...but you'll also note that "timely manner" wasn't on that list. small operations tend to be this way. Not saying that's a bad thing, but be prepared. Best to call them and feel them out.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 03:59 PM

Not sure but give em a call 760 244 4415 and I use them exclusively except once and that was a big mistake.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 04:12 PM

Shoot me a PM can give you my perspective. I have used Jason many times and the motors all make RELIABLE power for sure. But if you want a first hand from the horses mouth opinion PM me.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 08:23 PM

I'm thinking BGR would be the obvious choice for someone in PA.

Kevin
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 08:37 PM

Nothing against Pettis as I have heard terrific things about them but what about Joey Arrington, he is pretty close to you and they have a ton of stuff for late model Hemis

Joey
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 04/28/15 10:16 PM

one of the best in the business and a great guy Jason is always at the track helping everybody
Posted By: BobR

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 06/26/15 04:10 PM

I know this is an old post but Jason is my crew chief, my exclusive engine builder and one of my very best friends. There is NO BETTER engine builder anywhere but like was eluded to if you are in a hurry you may want to look elsewhere. What you get with Jason is the straight shot at honest and reliable prices. He never cuts corners and that's why he tends to get behind with engines. If you are patient there is no better place to have any engine built. PERIOD.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Does anyone know if Pettis Performance in Ca. - 06/26/15 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By racerx
You should ask thumper they did his motor back in the day.
iagree Thumper has a lot of positive things to say bout them. up

Not sure on the late model stuff but give em a call and find out.....760-244-4415
© 2024 Moparts Forums