Moparts

CV Products Fuel Pump

Posted By: Roadrunner451

CV Products Fuel Pump - 04/21/15 05:36 PM

Some time ago I acquired a couple of those CV fuel pumps that they used on the NASCAR R5/P7 motors. I read somewhere (maybe here) that they will bolt up to a BB Mopar. If this is the case I'll probably give one a try on my 512 low deck.
Question is does anyone know what pressure, and how much flow these are rated at ?
Posted By: bobby66

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 04/22/15 12:35 AM

I've wondered about this myself. Currently using a Clay Smith and had to grind the whey out of it to fit.
Posted By: Roadrunner451

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 04/22/15 11:08 PM

Did some Google searches on these things, seems they claim they are good for anywhere from 700 to 900+ HP depending on which spring it has in it. They can be rebuilt and the springs can be changed if necessary.
Found an old thread from this site that said they will indeed bolt to BB.
I have two of them. One looks to be stock as it came from CV, and the other I remember came form Evernham Motorsports. It's brand new and is kind of trick. It has a neat little heat shield and a billet titanium pump arm. I'll probably try that one and see how it goes.
Also have a Clay Smith pump in case this one doesn't work out.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 04/24/15 04:10 PM

I remember the old thread on these. I thought racepumps might be the answer but they get a lot of bad press. I need to look at the CV pump a little closer.
Posted By: 440charger500

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 04/27/15 03:47 AM

Yep they bolt right up. I have one on my 440 & another on a 383, they look great & work awesome. Glad I found out about this secret.
Posted By: DGS

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 02/02/18 01:49 PM

Digging out this old thread: any other experiences with CV pumps? I'm thinking of getting one for my 505.
The 7.5 PSI version is only putting out 55 gph but NASCAR engines still used them? Is the flow maybe rated differently compared to free flow of electric pumps since the pump sits much closer to the carb as an electric pump?
Posted By: BIGSTROKER

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 02/02/18 05:11 PM

I have used those pumps in many big blok builds and they work flawlessly, they run about 8 lbs for the most part depending on the spring, some times they hit the block a little and you have to grind the pump housing just a little, but there is no better pump, the clay smith pump is a pos in my opinion i have one you can have for free unused lol. the pump arm on the clay smith flops around and misses the push rod
Posted By: carter

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 02/02/18 06:20 PM

Glad to hear at the CV fuel pump is good. I bought one with the heat shield and billet pump arm, I'm gonna put it on for this season and hope its work out.

Do you run this fuel pumps with a return line?
Posted By: DGS

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 02/06/18 12:42 PM

Carter, do you have a picture of the heat shield?
Posted By: Mopar Guy

Re: CV Products Fuel Pump - 02/06/18 01:58 PM

Helping Carter out whit pic up

Attached picture s-l160.jpg
Attached picture s-l1600.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums