Moparts

scaling a car/ advise

Posted By: Stroker Scamp

scaling a car/ advise - 01/15/09 01:56 AM

i am thinking about getting the car scaled, just what should i do with info that i get, the front end is stock with comp 90/10 shocks/ 6 cyl torsion bars .......the rear is a cal track mono leaf with rancho 9 ways... im just not sure where to go once i get the #'s, its not like its a tube cassis 4 link deal that you can change weights by turning this and that,,,any input welcome, thanks mike

Attached picture 4948656-scampleap940x620.jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: scaling a car/ advise - 01/15/09 02:08 AM

Yes you can change the #`s quite a bit by pre-loading or un-loading the caltracs. If you locate my old "scaled my dart today" post you can read all about it. Also by raising/lowering the ft. end w/the t-bars, you can put a good amount weight on the rear and I got my l-r rear #`s within 2lbs of each other and got my new best.

Attached picture 4948680-domtrack.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: scaling a car/ advise - 01/15/09 02:49 AM

When your on the scales have your caltracs set at 0
load then adjust the T bars so the rears are equal
weight then dial in your caltracs for preload, as
thunder said maybe 20 lbs or less then check it on the track
EDIT
Remember this is with you or your weight in the seat
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: scaling a car/ advise - 01/15/09 04:52 AM

thanks guys, ive got a chassis book (dave morgan) but reading that thing weirds my brain out,,, ive got a little better idea of what to do, thanks
Posted By: StrokerPost

Re: scaling a car/ advise - 01/15/09 05:05 AM

Quote:

If you locate my old "scaled my dart today" post you can read all about it.

Here it is. https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post4848155
Posted By: barracudabob

Re: scaling a car/ advise - 01/16/09 03:27 AM

When i scale mine, I put bags of softener salt on the seat and floor. I weight 160 with my helmet and jacket on, so I use three bags of salt, and a bag of kitty litter. It works for me!
© 2024 Moparts Forums