Moparts

shout out to Porter Racing Heads.

Posted By: mrmopardan

shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/03/15 06:57 PM

Just want to point out the quality work that Dwayne Porter does. He ported my heads & Designed a custom solid cam for my 68 GTX 508 ci. This is mostly a street car but makes a few trips to the track yearly. I actually seen a .5 sec. Drop in my ET. He also answered all my questions that I had. I highly recommend his shop for any custom cam design & head porting. His number is 1-802-951-1955.

Thanks again Dwayne. Danny
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/03/15 07:00 PM

He's been doing all my head work for over a decade.
Posted By: Lee446

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/03/15 07:04 PM

Dwayne is a great guy. I have ordered several custom cams from him. If you don't mind sharing, what are the specs on the new cam and your build?
Posted By: mrmopardan

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/03/15 10:26 PM

Cam spec is .571 intake .585 exhaust @.050 258 intake 262 exhaust. Seat to seat 288 intake 292 exhaust.
Block is .040 over
Muscle motors stroke kit, diamond pistons, E alum.heads full port work, 6 pack.
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/03/15 10:54 PM

Yep, Dwayne is the man. Ported a few sets of heads for me over the years and great with cams and parts too. I miss the days of his technical exclusives, but thankfully the tech archives kept most of it!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/03/15 11:46 PM

Posted By: 383man

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/04/15 08:10 AM

I went to Dwayne when I wanted a custom grind solid cam for the pump gas 440/493 I was building for my 63 Sport Fury. I had heard good things about the profesional work he did. I also knew every car I saw with his parts in them ran great. I called Dwayne to have him build and spec a cam for my street car and I also bought my EZ heads from Dwayne and had him do a little of his magic on them. And I am the kind of guy who likes to build my own engines as like many of us I have pride in my car and how I build it but I also learned many years ago that none of us know it all and when you need or want help go with the best which I feel I did in asking for Dwayne's services.
He ground me a custom grind flat tappet cam and did a little work on my EZ heads for me. It was one of the best decisions I ever made as "Dwayne Porter" is a real Pro at what he does and he does some of the best if not the best work on heads and camshafts I have ever seen or had done.
Dwayne is a real first class act at his work and being a good person. Anyone who uses his services wont regret it as they will have the best working on their vehicle or parts. Ron
Posted By: BradH

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/04/15 03:23 PM

Dwayne's been getting a big from me for more than a decade.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/04/15 05:09 PM

Dwayne is a asset to Mopar racers. Very knowledgeable, and helpful. A real pleasure to do business with.

Mark
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/04/15 07:40 PM

Never heard a bad word about him,accept for one particular pathological LIAR
Posted By: wyoming

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/04/15 08:18 PM

He's a very good man to deal with, honest and great skills.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/05/15 02:38 AM

Dewayne is the man...I've bought 70+ sets of heads and cams from him and everything has performed as good or better than I'd hoped...
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/05/15 03:07 AM

He's been in my corner for a number of years. Great guy to deal with.
Posted By: oldiron

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/05/15 04:27 AM

Posted By: BradH

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/05/15 07:00 AM

Quote:

Dewayne is the man...I've bought 70+ sets of heads and cams from him and everything has performed as good or better than I'd hoped...

After doing that much business with him, I' d have figured you would know how to spell Dwayne's name.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/05/15 01:54 PM

Quote:

I had heard good things about the profesional work he did.
"Dwayne Porter" is a real Pro at what he does and he does
Dwayne is a real first class act at his work and being a good person.
Anyone who uses his services wont regret it as they will have the best working on their vehicle or parts. Ron

I second what Ron said. Dwayne really takes the time to understand what the person wants, and he figures out what they need to do it.
Highly recommended.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/05/15 02:14 PM

one thing I miss is his tech posts. thats why I sent my first set of 360-1s to him. they have always performed very well.
Posted By: deaks

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/05/15 07:25 PM

I miss his and Ryan's posts.
Posted By: TrWaters

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/05/15 09:26 PM

I have been meaning to give Dwayne a call myself.
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/06/15 03:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

After doing that much business with him, I' d have figured you would know how to spell Dwayne's name.

Haha....yeah, I type faster than I think!!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: shout out to Porter Racing Heads. - 04/07/15 04:09 PM

Yep, Dwayne is a great guy to deal with!
© 2024 Moparts Forums