Moparts

Monster Mopar?

Posted By: ts racer

Monster Mopar? - 01/13/09 09:35 PM

Any idea why they moved it up to the 25-27?
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 12:08 AM

just saw that monday
sept 12 2009 nascar truck
black sunday was sept12,13,14 2008
mega bucks was sept26 thru 28 2008
they moved other events around
i would email scott to make sure so vacations can be made
mark or scott might see this
gateway has another new manager came from monster truck racing and whatever flea market ideas to use that asphalt.
don

Attached picture 4945854-100_0581.jpg
Posted By: PlumCrazyCharger

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 12:48 AM

Wow it seems to keep getting pushed later in the year. I hope it doesn't hurt his car count seeing MM has always been the weekend after Labor Day.

Sean
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 01:17 AM

So it's in Aug this year?
Posted By: C_Notch

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 03:14 AM

MMW is Sept. 25-27 according to www.monstermopar.com/
Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 03:16 AM

Monster Mopar is Sept 25-27 2009

Attached picture 4946463-mm3.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 03:29 AM

Quote:

Monster Mopar is Sept 25-27 2009

Thanks for the update. Usually we hear from Scott since we sponsor one of the classes. BTW, Loved watching your car last year.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 05:08 AM

So there is a week between Norwalk and MMW? Thats great news!
Bob

Attached picture 4946767-CarPic1.jpg
Posted By: moparmattkos

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 07:20 AM

I saw this today man this is crap!! Its like we just keep gettin the step child treatment.!!

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/14/09 06:37 PM

sept busy month if we can keep it together might go to
norwalk sept 11 12 13
gatewayblacksunday sept18,19,20 div3bracket series
gateway MMW XXV SEPT 25 26 27
glad to have a race thats has endured the times

COOLER WEATHER MEANS FASTER TIMES ????????
DON

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/15/09 02:20 AM

Hopefully they change the track schedule back to the way it was for Sat & Sun. Some of us are fortunate to be there on Fri where we can get our share of passes down the track. Last year I felt bad for those who traveled there for the weekend only, and were allowed only 1 time trial before eliminations started for certain classes. We tugged 580 miles (one way) with our 2 race vehicles and would really liked to seen it back to the way it was with 2 time trials permitted. Okay....I'm done whinning.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/15/09 04:21 AM

Time trials are a waste of fuel. Lets RACE!!!

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/15/09 02:29 PM

Quote:

Time trials are a waste of fuel. Lets RACE!!!

i thought yourmind was thewedding
don

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 02:24 AM

Oh believe me it is. All I did last weekend was go from flower shop to Pastor's office to wedding show, to... What were we talking about????
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 03:54 AM

www.monstermopar.com is being rebuilt, but those are the correct dates. Should be some nice cool air........
Posted By: knyech1

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 05:06 AM

Quote:

Hopefully they change the track schedule back to the way it was for Sat & Sun. Some of us are fortunate to be there on Fri where we can get our share of passes down the track. Last year I felt bad for those who traveled there for the weekend only, and were allowed only 1 time trial before eliminations started for certain classes. We tugged 580 miles (one way) with our 2 race vehicles and would really liked to seen it back to the way it was with 2 time trials permitted. Okay....I'm done whinning.

yeah i had never driven my car before that day, nor had i even raced cept for the motorcycle and i only got to do one time trial, which was of course crappy and then set my dial in according to that -.5 seconds. broke out 1st race obv

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 06:23 AM

Quote:

yeah i had never driven my car before that day, nor had i even raced cept for the motorcycle and i only got to do one time trial, which was of course crappy and then set my dial in according to that -.5 seconds. broke out 1st race obv

That's the bad thing if your not there on Friday to get a few passes in. It would be nice for the out of towner's to at least get a feel for the track. Last year I heard a few people talking about not coming back this year because of that fact. I'd really hate to see that cause I really love that event and plan for it every year.

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 12:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

its just that big of a event and
fri is usuasily a t/t and jackpot race
sat t/t and money race thats included in your entry
1 maybe 2 time run if lucky descrition of promoter
i run 2 classes so i get 2 chances at sat and sun
money its hard work.
hopefully you have now gotton more seat time
1 pass new car your asking alot .
ive seen guys not make a time run win the race
don

Attached picture 4951443-100_0581.jpg

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 03:52 PM

And you need to show up early on Friday if you want to get in the gamblers race. I learned that one this year
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 06:29 PM

SO how will the weather be in late September. We were thinking of coming but not sure if it will work out now schedule wise. Will see later in the year.
Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 06:47 PM

Weather should be great, in the 70s to low 80s.

I can feel for the guys that show up on Sat but this is a huge event that is focused on drag racing, unlike other big Mopar event. And most racers love the gamblers on Fri, Big money Sat and really big money Sunday. And to do that they don't have time for more than 1 time trial on Saturday. So you can't please everyone, but it's a great event, my favorite of the year, doesn't hurt that I've made some big money the last two years, but it's well work a day of vaction. I usually burn 3 days, Thursday for travel, Friday for racing, and Monday to travel (assuming I'll be racing late Sunday..wink wink) or just recovering from a great weekend of racing.

Just my .02 cents.
Posted By: STLDuster

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/16/09 07:34 PM

Its a great show and great racing, I have noticed the swap meet isn't what it used to be but... I think later in the month is going to be better. I have carried too many heavy parts all the way from swap meet up one side of the track and down the other in 90+ degree heat.

Posted By: knyech1

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/17/09 02:18 AM

Quote:

Weather should be great, in the 70s to low 80s.

I can feel for the guys that show up on Sat but this is a huge event that is focused on drag racing, unlike other big Mopar event. And most racers love the gamblers on Fri, Big money Sat and really big money Sunday. And to do that they don't have time for more than 1 time trial on Saturday. So you can't please everyone, but it's a great event, my favorite of the year, doesn't hurt that I've made some big money the last two years, but it's well work a day of vaction. I usually burn 3 days, Thursday for travel, Friday for racing, and Monday to travel (assuming I'll be racing late Sunday..wink wink) or just recovering from a great weekend of racing.

Just my .02 cents.

I will be there with my new motor so I will have to be there early this time to try her out, that is, if I haven't been able to show some bowties and ovals my pretty rearend on some midnight madness or t&t nights

On a more serious note, I also love the whole program with the show and swapmeet and vendors. I bought my tialpanel at MMW last year (it was a thing of beauty) and I just love the whole atmosphere, with mopars everywhere you look (and the ambient screaming draggers) love it love it love it! It is my most looked-foreward-to weekend of the year for me!!

Re: Monster Mopar? - 01/17/09 02:27 AM

I'm actually thinking about showing up on Wed to get a few passes in this year. Relax Thur, tune Fri, and then cash paychecks on Sat & Sun.
© 2024 Moparts Forums