Moparts

Junkyard Hemi + Turbo = 1000hp

Posted By: Dragula

Junkyard Hemi + Turbo = 1000hp - 03/22/15 05:19 PM

Would like to build a Turbo Hemi some day....Enjoy.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/ccrp-1303-hemi-5-7l-junkyard-turbo/
Posted By: dizuster

Re: Junkyard Hemi + Turbo = 1000hp - 03/22/15 06:34 PM

I'm all about the turbo hemi... it's my next motor for sure.

But this article should be...

Junkyard Hemi + Turbo + Bore/Hone + CNC porting+ Crank + Rods + Pistons + Rings + Camshaft + Timing Chain + Oil Pan + Oil Pump + Bearings + Gaskets + 6.1L Intake + injectors + XIM/XFI box + Turbo = 1000hp

LOL

It'd be easier to say Stock Block & Head castings + stock lifters & valves + stock valve covers + a ton of aftermarket race parts = 1000hp
Posted By: MattW

Re: Junkyard Hemi + Turbo = 1000hp - 03/22/15 06:38 PM

Quote:

I'm all about the turbo hemi... it's my next motor for sure.

But this article should be...

Junkyard Hemi + Turbo + Bore/Hone + CNC porting+ Crank + Rods + Pistons + Rings + Camshaft + Timing Chain + Oil Pan + Oil Pump + Bearings + Gaskets + 6.1L Intake + injectors + XIM/XFI box + Turbo = 1000hp

LOL

It'd be easier to say Stock Block & Head castings + stock lifters & valves + stock valve covers + a ton of aftermarket race parts = 1000hp

That engine is a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]. They have used that same engine for all kinds of articles.
I think the limit on a stock everything is 7 to 800hp
Matt
Posted By: Cevidicus

Re: Junkyard Hemi + Turbo = 1000hp - 03/22/15 08:10 PM

It is funny. They also use this same engine in an issue of Mopar Now where they use all the same stuff except they used the stock short block with the ring gaps opened up to like 0.030.

I say it's funny because they claimed to make 1127 hp @ 17.3psi with the stock short block. They also claim to have made around 60 dyno pulls with the only problem being that blow by on the stock rings was getting bad.

I don't know what to think about those guys because I've seen the same exact pics in at least 3 different articles.

Posted By: MattW

Re: Junkyard Hemi + Turbo = 1000hp - 03/22/15 09:33 PM

Quote:

It is funny. They also use this same engine in an issue of Mopar Now where they use all the same stuff except they used the stock short block with the ring gaps opened up to like 0.030.

I say it's funny because they claimed to make 1127 hp @ 17.3psi with the stock short block. They also claim to have made around 60 dyno pulls with the only problem being that blow by on the stock rings was getting bad.

I don't know what to think about those guys because I've seen the same exact pics in at least 3 different articles.

© 2024 Moparts Forums