Moparts

Still pluggin away!

Posted By: tboomer

Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 02:26 PM

Man! It sure has been a brutal winter!! But I went out to the garage every couple of weeks and turned the 64 over and kept a charge in the battery. Got a great deal on a rear glass bumper from Jim B. on the board here and Larry at Sled City was starting on the front bumper yesterday. Got a new pair of Strange S/A shocks for the front. It was all I could afford. I am sure they will be better than the antique CE 90/10s on there now! I have been lifting small weights and walking whenever I can but still get some minor headaches so the doc won't let me back into the car this year. I really want to see a 9.80 or so out of this thing so that is my goal! And for that dude with the orange Dart...Be prepared to take your beating!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 02:48 PM

keep at it Ted.. just take it easy

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 02:51 PM

Thanks Mike! I messed myself up deer hunting. They chewed me out good on that! Lesson learned!

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 02:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks Mike! I messed myself up deer hunting. They chewed me out good on that! Lesson learned!

You gotta take it easy.. do what the doc says(I should
talk)

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 02:59 PM

Probably set my recovery back by 6-8 months pulling that stunt! And you need to listen too. We aint getting any younger!

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 03:04 PM

Quote:

Probably set my recovery back by 6-8 months pulling that stunt! And you need to listen too. We aint getting any younger!

I'm waiting for the wife to get her second hip replacement
then I go in for a double by-pass

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 03:07 PM

Remember to take a laptop in. It can get boring. And good luck to you and the wife!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 03:27 PM

Like guys always say. It's heck getting old, but it sure beats not getting old. Winter here in PA was pretty nice thru December then the bottom fell out. Even with the warmer weather and rain the last 8 days I still have 6-8 inches of snow on the ground in my yard. I can't remember a year with so much ice either. Hopefully blue skies ahead and better racing weather than we had last year. Hope to see and meet more Mopar racers at the Mopar race at Pittsburgh Raceway Park and the Monster Mopar at Summit Motorsports Park.

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 03:29 PM

John...Thanks for the Summit code. You can guess that I used it!

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 03:32 PM

Quote:

John...Thanks for the Summit code. You can guess that I used it!

Anytime Ted. I will let you guys know when I stumble on some more.

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 03:40 PM

I think about the only thing left to buy is belts. I won't get them until the track opens.

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 03:46 PM

Quote:

I think about the only thing left to buy is belts. I won't get them until the track opens.

I opened up my new Jegs book last night and I see they have a sale going on now with seatbelts. Really didn't look at the real hard as I put new ones in my Duster last year. I didn't even look at the new cars belts yet but I'm betting I need new ones for it.

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 03:48 PM

I have two or three sets that are expired. The stock car boys snap them up pretty quick!

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 04:08 PM

Quote:

Ted do you have some one driving for you

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 04:24 PM

Quote:

Yes...I think Jim(bad1970dust) will run it a couple of times.

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 04:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes...I think Jim(bad1970dust) will run it a couple of times.

Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 05:08 PM

yes, the yearly callout thread. where has 493dart been anyway
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 05:57 PM

Ted just remember you have a goal in mind and you have to do what ever it takes to get yourself in the position to accomplish that, even if you have to put it off untill you get the body back in tip top shape, yes its been a lousey winter and haven't done much to the car, hopeing to get my knee replaced sometime in May so thats going to set me back a little as far as the racing in the first part of the season.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/12/15 11:33 PM

Hope to see you at CFR next year. Take care
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/13/15 03:55 AM

get better man!as for the yearly call out,just tell him you felt it was wise to give him an extra season to "CATCH UP"
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/13/15 04:06 AM

Listen to the Doctor Ted, that's what you pay him for. My soon to be 89 year old father is fond of saying 'getting old ain't for sissies'. He's buried 2 wives, still looking for a third. Hope you're well soon.Dave
Posted By: 383man

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/13/15 05:26 AM

Glad to hear thinks are looking better for you Ted. Keep at it my friend so you can enjoy that cool Mopar. Ron

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/13/15 01:15 PM

Thanks everyone! Looked at the tires yesterday. Not bad! They lost less air over the cold winter than a Patriots football! Leigh...I look forward to seeing you again! It has been years! And Dave...Trust me. I am listening to the doc. The last time I heard from Longhair he had his converter rebuilt and was going on the road with a country band. Ron...There is a guy just down the road from me rebuilding a 64 Sport Fury. Just a mild 440 but he is redoing the whole car from the ground up. It is still a couple years away from being done.
Posted By: gtsdude

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/14/15 04:48 AM

Take care of yourself Ted! Look forward to seeing ya at Cedar Falls this year! In the process of buying my old dart back to bring to the track. I watched your hot rod go down the track at Mopar Max last summer, it pulls pretty good

Attached picture 8459349-image.jpg
Posted By: weedlayer

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/14/15 07:07 PM

Quote:

They lost less air over the cold winter than a Patriots football!

You have someone writing your material now??

I brought mine to Fl hoping I can get all the changes sorted out. So far, no change.

I will be at Tri-State and maybe CFR. Just have to see how the summer goes.

Would be nice to have an old day get together and group hug.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/14/15 07:35 PM

I sure hope you can get outside soon for some fresh air,we could all use it.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Still pluggin away! - 03/15/15 01:00 AM

You know the deal buddy.....you have to bring that Dodge down here this time

My PTC massaged converter showed up (Dynamic put the wrong stator in it) , and i should....maybe...be home enough to get to the track this year.

just remember =

orange dart - 2
white 64 - 0

© 2024 Moparts Forums