Moparts

header conundrum

Posted By: pinkmeepmeep

header conundrum - 03/03/15 06:48 AM

I am real happy with the tti headers on my Roadrunner, and I would like to buy them for my duster, but I am seriously leaning towards Doug's. It is real hard to justify over 900 bucks to get them to my door! I know quality is remembered after price is forgotten, but me thinks I may be priced out. Not exactly apples to apples cuz the Dougs are only coated on the outside but with the autozone discount, and free shipping, they are nearly half the price! Any thoughts or suggestions? Making decisions was never my strong suit.
Posted By: urdustd

Re: header conundrum - 03/03/15 07:05 AM

I've got Doug's on my small block Duster and am happy with fit, finish and overall quality. I paid just under $500 for mine and have no complaints.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: header conundrum - 03/03/15 04:42 PM

Quote:

I am real happy with the tti headers on my Roadrunner, and I would like to buy them for my duster, but I am seriously leaning towards Doug's. It is real hard to justify over 900 bucks to get them to my door! I know quality is remembered after price is forgotten, but me thinks I may be priced out. Not exactly apples to apples cuz the Dougs are only coated on the outside but with the autozone discount, and free shipping, they are nearly half the price! Any thoughts or suggestions? Making decisions was never my strong suit.

TTI = over sold, over priced, over marketed, over and out!
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: header conundrum - 03/03/15 07:14 PM

It's hard to argue about price if budget is a big factor. The TTI 1 3/4" step may be more beneficial if you start upgrading the engine. But I have to admit that I'm biased towards TTI and any gains in HP that can be found, big or small - affordably.
© 2024 Moparts Forums