Moparts

Good aluminum polish and cleaner?

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/01/15 11:36 PM

I bought a set of polished aluminum wheels that where not hard anadized after the polishing, I think What brand and type of cleaner and or polish do you guys like and use Thanks in advance for any help
Posted By: ahy

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/01/15 11:44 PM

I usually use Mothers if not too bad. I have also used regular autobody polishing compound on tough spots. There are quite a few other chemical and abrasive options but above has worked for me.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 12:07 AM

Mothers.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 12:19 AM

I tried them all over the years. I like white diamond the best. Advance auto has it. If u ever see the ragman at swap meets, his polish is fantastic.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 12:43 AM

Go to your local truck stop pick up a bar of polish best I have used..I use it on my dump trucks wheels and tank and have tried many but they seem to work the best..they come in many type of cuts just read the sign figure which is best for your wheels
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 12:59 AM

Lots of guys like this stuff.

http://www.speedymetalpolish.com/products.html
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 01:40 AM

I stop at a truck stops and buy the brands made by Busch's

real easy to use and works awesome
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 02:34 AM

Quote:

I tried them all over the years. I like white diamond the best. Advance auto has it. If u ever see the ragman at swap meets, his polish is fantastic.

That cleaner/polish "The Rag Man" has ROCKS

Empty used Pepsi bottle and all
Posted By: moparborn

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 03:06 AM

Brasso and a microfiber cloth works good as well.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 04:04 AM

Quote:

Lots of guys like this stuff.

http://www.speedymetalpolish.com/products.html

Love this stuff.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 04:23 AM

I use Purple on my semi truck fuel tanks and wheels. I have tried a lot of polishes over the years and have found that Purple holds the shine a little longer when exposed to the elements. They also have a cleaner that is green in color that you use before the polish stage. When the weather breaks I am going to try a new item called Sheen Genie, they have a cleaner as well as the polish.
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 04:43 AM

The guy that details the trucks at the Kenworth dealer where I work, swears by "MOJO" polish.
Posted By: pattyboy 572

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 05:22 AM

X2 on mojo
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 03:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That cleaner/polish "The Rag Man" has ROCKS

Empty used Pepsi bottle and all

His polish works pretty good. The only issue I have with it is that is a chemical that strips the oxidation & does not leave any protection on the wheel. I use Flitz. You can buy it online. Only have to use it one to two times a year. It leaves a protective film, kinda like wax on paint.
Posted By: Dart Racer

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/02/15 08:17 PM

Everybody has their favorite; mine is simichrome, works better than the others I have tried.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/03/15 02:40 AM

Cab...If they're polished up nice already the White Diamond will work good. It leaves a bit of a film behind to help protect it too.
If they're still a little rough you may want to use something a little more abrasive.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Good aluminum polish and cleaner? - 03/03/15 04:48 AM

White Diamond works great.
© 2024 Moparts Forums