Moparts

Cool video of a dart wheel stand

Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 05:17 AM

Check out the slow Mo As this guy dropped the hammer

http://youtu.be/CqaF1QhUzwU
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 05:32 AM

Wow, that looks terrible...needs shocks, REALLY BAD!!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 05:39 AM

Wow! Yes he does
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 01:49 PM

His other video, he is lucky he didn't wreck the car... New shocks, and time to ditch the worn out leaf springs.
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 02:10 PM

That Car has some bump steer issues as well
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 02:31 PM

I suspect he might need wheelie bars as well. When he gets it all fixed, up, there is going to be more energy lifting the front,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 02:49 PM

is he a member on here?we got a REALLY GOOD shock thread goin on.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 03:31 PM

That rear end looks like it's about to jump out of the car...
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 04:25 PM

Quote:

That Car has some bump steer issues as well

Holey crap!! Driver could have been jerking the wheel some. Wouldn't want to be next to him. Hope he gets a handle on it while it is still pretty.
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 08:29 PM

Check out the other video he has up. Almost takes out the tree and crosses the center line.

Video
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 09:17 PM

This is a classic example of a car without enough air pressure in the slicks, his 60 ft times would be a lot better if he added two to four lbs in the slicks . He is killing the sidewalls now

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 10:01 PM

Quote:

This is a classic example of a car without enough air pressure in the slicks, his 60 ft times would be a lot better if he added two to four lbs in the slicks . He is killing the sidewalls now

I was thinking the same thing. The tire almost disappears in the slow-mo shot.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 10:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. The tire almost disappears in the slow-mo shot.

Remember that those vids are from back in 13... hopefully
he has corrected a lot of his issues(more than 1 in
those vids)... otherwise he was gonna crash at some point
Posted By: Dodgenu

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 10:40 PM

That was not much of a wheelstand and not very impressive..lol Now here is a cool wheelstand.

http://youtu.be/KEDKzv9PLog

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 10:42 PM

Quote:

That was not much of a wheelstand and not very impressive..lol Now here is a cool wheelstand.

Yeah.. he is on the board here.. his wife driving

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 10:45 PM

Quote:

I think I,m in love.(too bad she,s taken)

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 11:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

My kinda girl !!!

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 11:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My kinda girl !!!

At least he has the car going straight for her
the other car was going big time to the right...
not like he didnt need some pre-load
Posted By: MattW

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 11:26 PM

Quote:

That was smooth.... Could of been smoking a cigarette during that run.
Posted By: Tobbe

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 11:29 PM

i think it the way darts drive
dart wheelie

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/05/15 11:35 PM

Quote:

dart wheelie

You can make any car drive like that.. does take some work

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 12:45 AM

Quote:

dart wheelie

In car

http://youtu.be/qGq7GVUAADE

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 01:18 AM

Two shifts in the air and on the rev limiter for the last 300 Ft or so, HMMM Me thinks I would change some things on that car and its set up When the front of the car is going up in the air doing a wheelstand it is not going forward as rapidily as it could I go to the races to win them, not impress the other racers or spectators by the way the car leaves the starting line BTW, its been awhile since I won a race Maybe I should go to the races to impress with appearances instead of with race winning performancees

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 01:57 AM

I think your mouth is stuck on a rev limiter. That Dart sounds and is bad ass.My dad and I were in Cali a couple years ago and while we were there we went to check out the Infineon Wed night drags, and thats the first time we saw the white dart and it pulled big wheelies ran straight as an arrow every pass and won the bracket that night. Here is another vid.
http://youtu.be/t0OVIsU01mg

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 02:11 AM

Quote:

I think your mouth is stuck on a rev limiter. That Dart sounds and is bad ass.My dad and I were in Cali a couple years ago and while we were there we went to check out the Infineon Wed night drags, and thats the first time we saw the white dart and it pulled big wheelies ran straight as an arrow every pass and won the bracket that night. Here is another vid.

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 02:53 AM

Quote:

You sure talk out your butt.. he is referring to it
could be quicker if the front was down... yeah we
all like the wheelies but its not the quickest

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 03:17 AM

Talking out your a$$ is what you do daily on this thread. Im not impressed with anything you have to say. Who cares how fast it is, it is a cool car that works real well and is fun to watch unlike that pos you drive. Later loser!

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 04:03 AM

Quote:

Talking out your a$$ is what you do daily on this thread. Im not impressed with anything you have to say. Who cares how fast it is, it is a cool car that works real well and is fun to watch unlike that pos you drive. Later loser!

Yeah I figure you would talk your crap... Cab has
tried to help a lot of guys yet you want to talk crap..
I dont care what you think of me... but you are nothing
more than a piece of crap.. and I dont see what POS
you drive.. oh.. you dont have anything... A-hole
Posted By: 451Cuda

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 04:48 AM

Quote:

Show us your car?
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 04:50 AM

Quote:

Sounds like your dad should have taken you to the wood shed instead of the drag strip.

Attached picture 8420576-Smoke.jpg
Posted By: wkroncke17

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 01:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like your dad should have taken you to the wood shed instead of the drag strip.

A-hole has problem never been to a drag strip. Guys like that are wanna be losers.
P-body and Cab are 2 of the best guys on here helping with anything anyone asks, never putting people down, and own cars that actually race!
Thank you Cab and P-body for all the positive input on here.

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 03:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A-hole has problem never been to a drag strip. Guys like that are wanna be losers.
P-body and Cab are 2 of the best guys on here helping with anything anyone asks, never putting people down, and own cars that actually race!

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 03:47 PM

I still consider myself a novice at this as I only get out a few times a year, however big wheel stands = less et. Plus they are very hard on parts. If my car pulled the wheels up 6' on each run I'd be making some adjustments to get it down. I don't think anybody is arguing the white dart isn't a bad car nor is the driver a slouch.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 03:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree also, Cab and Mike are good guys. As for the white Dart I thought it was cool too until I found out they set it up intentionally that way. Lisa is a good racer, she knows her car but personally I don't think much of her and her husband after seeing the way they trash talked and insulted people on here.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 04:17 PM

Quote:

You put more air in those slicks and its going to basketball the tires and further exaggerate how bad his setup is.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 04:54 PM

Quote:

What on earth do you have to gain by coming on this board and insulting people? You have no clue of what these guys have done in life. I have gleaned from their posts over the years that they have been very active in the sport, going well beyond what I have done both professionally and as a hobby. To give that a reference point, I only hire out tin work, some machine work and paint. How bout you? They have learned much, and better yet are willing to freely share. That is the exact opposite of you. Insulting, ignorant and arrogant.
If I recall this is the first time I have ever dressed someone down on this or any board in fourteen years. You really accomplished something there!!!
Posted By: deaks

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 06:01 PM

Personally, i've found on my car the quicker the 60 ft the higher the front end lifts, most times it 60ft's 1.40-43 and lifts the wheels about 6-8", last time out, on one run it 60ft 1.36 and lifted them twice as high. I would imagine it becomes counter productive when it stands right up though.
Mick
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 06:14 PM

watch it guys, he's a CAR BUILDER

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 06:32 PM

Quote:

Oh WOW... I think I did that a few times
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 06:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh WOW... I think I did that a few times

I have no idea what that is...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 07:54 PM

Quote:

I think a permanent vacation would work really well here.

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 08:10 PM

Quote:

Personally, i've found on my car the quicker the 60 ft the higher the front end lifts, most times it 60ft's 1.40-43 and lifts the wheels about 6-8", last time out, on one run it 60ft 1.36 and lifted them twice as high. I would imagine it becomes counter productive when it stands right up though.
Mick

We saw the same thing on the first S/ST car we built, 1970 Duster ladder bars with a 452 C.I. M.W. bracket motor, we tried tying the stock front suspension down to get it to react quicker on the Pro Tree division 7 S/ST ran back in 1984, that slowed both the reaction times and 60 ft down That car would pick the front tires up right 4 inches untied and carry them out 20 to 40 ft and set them down real gently My current car does the same with 1.27 60 ft times, real easy to drive Other than hurting my back when I forget to push myself hard back into the seat before letting go of the transbrake button
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/06/15 09:19 PM

My car leaves and lands just like that dart but its a ladder bar car.
The front does exactly the same thing. Currently has calvert fronts and everything in the front suspension is new including the steering box.Sometimes trys to rip the steering wheel from my hand. Trouble is i'm not a suspension guro and plopping $500 for shocks would bug me if it didn't fix it.

Attached picture 8421117-104_0206.JPG
Posted By: deaks

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 02:36 AM

Yeah but at least you've got your tyre pressures right, the car in the vid, the rims almost touch the ground the tyres are so flat. Lol
Mick
Posted By: barracuda man

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 05:45 AM

Quote:

Not cool at all dude.Mr p and cab are some of the most knowledgeable people on this board.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 06:41 AM

Two of the best IMHO
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 10:03 AM

Quote:

Perfect screen name, you'd probably dodge anyone that was prepared to confront you in person. If you are so smart why can't you figure out that wheel stands waste ET?

The stripe is ahead of younot above you, go forward not up!
Posted By: BrianT

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 03:17 PM

Wow! This thread took an ugly turn???

Back to the original video. I see the slicks are under inflated when the wheel almost touches the pavement, but what makes the front end shimmy so bad when the tires hit the ground? Looks like that would be a handful?!?
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 03:48 PM

Same car, worse results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcg-9geC36g
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 04:30 PM

Quote:

Wow! This thread took an ugly turn???

Back to the original video. I see the slicks are under inflated when the wheel almost touches the pavement, but what makes the front end shimmy so bad when the tires hit the ground? Looks like that would be a handful?!?

The front end shimmy is usually caused from a bad idler arm bushing.Mine used to do that till I changed the idler arm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpM5adRweXI
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 05:10 PM

Quote:

Funniest thing you've posted on here Toni. By car builder my guess is he works on an assembly line at Kia or some other low end foreign auto maker, or he may build quite a few Revell models... But Mr. P and Cab are always on here trying to help people by providing advice based on what they've actually encountered, to try and insult them is ridiculous. That Dodgenu name stood out to me because he told Al Aguire that he didn't know what he was talking about on another post about wheelie bars.
Posted By: 451Cuda

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/07/15 05:58 PM

He's a typical internet bullshitter.

We've already devoted too much attention to calling him out - he won't show anyone up, because he doesn't have anything. Moving on.
Posted By: BuckeyeBrawler

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/08/15 04:36 AM

This goes out to to Cab & P-body I personally appreciate your posts put up here have learned several things. Currently battling huge wheelstands myself. 65 B body with Calvert monos with AJE wheelie bars stock front suspension limited to 2" of travel, with DA Afcos set full tight on extension. Getting ready to go from 470 B motor to 500 RB and have destroyed one Charlies pan and wacked a second but not destroyed. I know more power is just going to make it worse. I know the rear of the car is too high but need it to clear tires. New motor will have cast iron Indy head just hoping extra weight will help reduce wheelstand height. IMO The only thing a six foot wheelstand is good for is a picture and destroying a good car ! Getting ready to make ballast bar behind frt bumper.

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/08/15 04:51 AM

Quote:

This goes out to to Cab & P-body I personally appreciate your posts put up here have learned several things. Currently battling huge wheelstands myself. 65 B body with Calvert monos with AJE wheelie bars stock front suspension limited to 2" of travel, with DA Afcos set full tight on extension. Getting ready to go from 470 B motor to 500 RB and have destroyed one Charlies pan and wacked a second but not destroyed. I know more power is just going to make it worse. I know the rear of the car is too high but need it to clear tires. New motor will have cast iron Indy head just hoping extra weight will help reduce wheelstand height. IMO The only thing a six foot wheelstand is good for is a picture and destroying a good car ! Getting ready to make ballast bar behind frt bumper.

Thanks... try loosening the extension on your rear
shocks... let the rear come up some.. how high are
your wheelie bars.. set them about 1" - 1 1/2" off
the ground with the car in gear... also start adding
air to the slicks.. dont let it dead hook
Posted By: BuckeyeBrawler

Re: Cool video of a dart wheel stand - 02/08/15 05:16 AM

Currently running Ranchos set on 6, car really rises fast on the rear now. The wheelie bars are set @ 3" now. It sounds like you're familiar with the wheelie bars the wheels get further from the ground as the rear rises since they pivot off of the body but I will definately try lowering them. Tire press last outing was 10.7, I will try raising as well thanks for the input. Also building tube chassis Daytona but won't be done this year so the Brawler has to go another season. Thanks again
© 2024 Moparts Forums