Moparts

My Lifters and Magnum block

Posted By: slammedR/T

My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/19/15 02:34 AM

I have been asked about my lifters and rockers and magnum block I didn't want to trash the other thread so I decide to start a seperate one.

I'm running T&D shaft rockers with my offset lifters, I had a set of comp offset lifters that broke the link bars, they are thin and weak. The MRL lifetrs are awesome and show no signs of any funny wear or stress areas.
I had to grind the lifter bores in my magnum block, they are taller than LA for the taller hydraulic lifters and dog bone retainers;

lifters are one piece, not seperate cups, thses are the new version from MRL that clear 3/8" pushrods, I waited three months for these to come out.

Posted By: BPE

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/19/15 03:30 AM

Thank you for taking the time to take good pictures and showing the way they fit in your particular application. Showing what guys may encounter along the way will be very helpful.

Rod
Posted By: Street Monkies

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/19/15 07:17 AM

Looks good. I like the way the roller lifters look with the tie bar design. Block looks good also. You got to admit that rocker set up is so much nicer then being on 1 single shaft. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/19/15 08:00 AM

Chad.. if you dont mind.. whats a set worth with the
offset... I should go with this on my W-5s

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/19/15 08:13 AM

Quote:

Chad.. if you dont mind.. whats a set worth with the
offset... I should go with this on my W-5s

I waited three months for these to come out, he had done the resign to fit 3/8" pushrods and was testing them. They are the pro series with all the bells and whistles and ran me $650.00. They are VERY! well made and I am more than happy with them. They don't go to low and expose the oil band, I thought a I had oil pressure issue with them. But I found out couple weeks ago what that was, the grunt at the machine shop didn't clean my block properly. After I grind the lifter bores, I wanted to knock out all the oil galley plugs and clean the block real good with degreaser, galley brushes, then soap and water. Well I had to knock through half the valley length of carbon, gunk, and metal. I wasn't happy at all and let my machine shop buddy and owner know.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/19/15 08:21 AM

$650 isnt bad.. only about $100 more than my last set...
and I need to PR oil just like you since I run the same
rockers
Posted By: moparmacka

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/21/15 09:51 AM

In short....you would definitely recommend these over the 8043-16 lifter?

Would you need the offset pushrod seat for a W5 and I wonder if they would fit a Mopar 340 Siamese block. I clearanced (only between the lifter bores not the inside valley wall) my block to suit the 8043-16 I borrowed and haven't bought a set of lifters yet.

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/22/15 12:48 AM

Quote:

In short....you would definitely recommend these over the 8043-16 lifter?

Would you need the offset pushrod seat for a W5 and I wonder if they would fit a Mopar 340 Siamese block. I clearanced (only between the lifter bores not the inside valley wall) my block to suit the 8043-16 I borrowed and haven't bought a set of lifters yet.

You may not need the offset lifters with the W5's I needed them with these huge Indy heads though. Give Mike at MRL Performance a call he can help you figure out what you need

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/22/15 01:08 AM

Cheers I will do before our exchange rate drops off the planet!

I was mainly after feedback and by the looks of it, you are happy with the product.

Have you used these lifters since the Comps broke or this is the first set you have purchased?

Macka

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/22/15 01:12 AM

Quote:

Cheers I will do before our exchange rate drops off the planet!

I was mainly after feedback and by the looks of it, you are happy with the product.

Have you used these lifters since the Comps broke or this is the first set you have purchased?

Macka

This is my first set after the comps broke, before I had a set of conversion lifetrs that were called "danno" lifters. They are the same lifter body of a factory hydraulic lifter but converted to solid roller and used factory magnum dog bones and retainer plate. I got these when I went to the indy heads and love them
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/22/15 01:25 AM

Love my MRLS....

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Re: My Lifters and Magnum block - 01/22/15 12:38 PM

© 2024 Moparts Forums