Moparts

2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals

Posted By: 68shifter

2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 01/19/15 12:03 AM

The 2015 Stickshift Challenge will again be Aug 7-9 this year at the Mopar Nationals, as always. A big Thank You to Brewers Performance for stepping up again this year.
Similar to years past Aug 7(Fri) will be time trials, and the Challenge ran on Saturday.
Two time trials saturday morning and then into eliminations. Thank you to all those that came in years past and I look forward to seeing everyone again this year.
Bring your 9second clutchless ride, or hell rent a dart from Hertz so long as it has a stick!!!

Payout:
Winner $1000
R/U $500
Semis $100

The winner will also receive a Brewers Performance $500 gift certificate.
The R/U will also receive a Brewers Performance $250 gift certificate.

If a factory style 4/5/6 speed is in the final, thats a $100. (Each of the last two years has had a factory trans in the final).
A case of oil will also be given to best R/T in 1st round of elims.

I am also working on a number of other prizes/gift cards etc to other vendors that may be by drawing, best wheelstand or something-we'll figure em out.

So bring out your stickshift ride and have some fun. This is a laid back event, they'll be free t-shirts again for participants, a custom trophy and plenty of lies told!

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 01/20/15 03:18 AM

Little update.
Thanks again to Brewers they bumped it to $250 cash for a factory trans in the final.

So far $2800 in purse and bonuses with more to come.
Thanks Wayne & Dan
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 01/20/15 11:49 PM

Quote:

Little update.
Thanks again to Brewers they bumped it to $250 cash for a factory trans in the final.

So far $2800 in purse and bonuses with more to come.
Thanks Wayne & Dan

Andre` I see you have been busy
Thanks in advance for all you do each year to keep this going

I will do my best to attend again this year!

Attached picture 8402833-WinnersinColumbus.jpg
Posted By: oldiron

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 01/21/15 02:06 AM

wow Dennis, good looking...............cars

Andre, great job and thanks for your efforts. Will be there
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 01/24/15 09:54 PM

I didn't do that well, but still had a lot of fun. Maybe my new combo will be installed by then and I'll do it again(I thought I would have a new combo last year for it but I keep hitting road blocks).
The trophy last year looked awesome and the shirts were really nice too!!

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 06/02/15 03:07 PM

Just over 2 months.
Be sure to send in your pre-entry to save a little but of money.

Thanks guys.

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/01/15 09:47 PM

Now just one week away. As long as it's got a stick bring it out and have fun.
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/02/15 04:01 AM

My dad decided to enter stick instead of trophy with is 68 Satellite this year, he's pretty excited. I'm sure he'll have a blast, he ran his first UMTR race a few weeks ago at Milan and loved it even tho he went out first round. We can't wait for this, hope to see everyone there. up drive

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/02/15 04:13 AM

will be THERE
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/04/15 04:05 AM

Good luck all, I won't be making up there at all this year. Should be there next year with the new combo. Be safe and have fun.

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/06/15 12:38 AM

Pic of this years trophy, as well as the shirts. Every drivers gets a shirt like years past, usually I'll just catch you in the lanes. Good luck all.

Don't forget to stop by the Brewer's tent and say thanks to Wayne and Dan, or buy some parts from em.

Attached picture image.jpg

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/06/15 09:45 PM

So, do these t shirts come with a pocket, or at least a DIY pocket kit?

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/06/15 10:34 PM

I stapled a zip lock baggy on the front then you can even see what's in the pocket.

SNAZZY!
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/09/15 07:31 PM

Congrates to oldiron again. Two years in a row he brought home the gold for the Stick Shift Challenge at the NAT's. From what I understand, 68shifter came in second. Congrates to Andre also and thanks again for all he did to make this race happen.

Two good guys for sure..

Larry
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/09/15 09:17 PM

Yep,,, watched it unfold.

All blue Barracuda` final.
Nice driving on both sides congrats... drive beer

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/10/15 03:37 AM

Thank you to everyone that showed up and ran and or just hung out. Sure was hot this year, and had to live with the schedule getting bumped all over the place.

Congrats to oldiron(Greg) on his second consecutive win. He also took home the $500 Brewers gift card.

We started with just over 20 cars on Friday, but due to breakage and other things 17 made first round call Saturday. Brand new challengers to newer darts to our old cudas and chargers. Pretty good array of cars.

Thanks again, pleasure to race with all of you.
Now here's a couple pics. drive

Attached picture IMG_2536.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2534.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2532.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2538.JPG

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/10/15 03:42 AM

Attached picture IMG_2959M.jpg
Attached picture IMG_2973.JPG
Attached picture IMG_2970.JPG
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/10/15 04:02 AM

Congrats Greg, you sure can bang those gears!! My dad had a blast racing with you guys! Thanks again to Andre for putting together an awesome class. Hopefully we'll see everyone next year it's too bad this class isn't put on at more Mopar events.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/10/15 05:47 AM

If there are two things that I came to the Nationals for this year was to watch the F.A.S.T gang and the stick and stones guys rowing the boats. What a final.
I had my money, yeah, $$ on 68shifter but the other Sapphire Cuda came through. Congrats and thanx for the memories and cheer.
Posted By: 1DGEMAN

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/10/15 08:48 AM

I was out there all 3 days. I only managed to see the stick shift cars once. The schedule seemed real haphazard. A comment on the annoncer. He seemed very bored and dry. Very little info on the cars no excitement. I was also talking to several venders and they said the contract was up and the Nats may be moving to Norwalk.

I will be back there in 2 weeks for the Northern Class Nationals. 3 days of Stock,Super/Stock racing. Hopefully it will be cooler and my sunburn healed by then.
Posted By: Headhunter22

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/11/15 04:52 AM

Andre's brother here, I was the hanger on with my girls in the lanes and pits. If I ever get my dart done I look forward to being fodder someday in the class.

I do not know all the details but he commits alot of time and personal money to make this happen. I hope everyone who participates recognizes that he does this for the stick guys and gals that run the class, he is a stick "guy", through and through. Asks for nothing but a good race and enjoys seeing the variety and the other hardheads in the class to have a showcase.

I enjoy it every year as do the girls. When it was over I asked them what was the best thing that happened, "riding in the car to the lanes" was the unanimous answer followed closely by the pool at the hotel. Without his commitment, that experience would be less for us.

So. Congrats Greg on the win and also to all the comraderie and acceptance. Also, thanks Andre and the other sponsers ( Irwin Engines, Brewers, Endless Destinations) for a good weekend and Andre for coordinating the show. Had a blast like every year, and a day later the girls are already talking about the "Mopar Nats" next year.

Steve
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/11/15 05:39 AM

If things go well for next year, The commemorative Stick challenge T-shirt will be a special shirt to collect.
Keep a close ratio eye for it.
Posted By: Chargerfan68

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/11/15 06:00 AM

Congrats Greg....Very well done. I once ran into you at Atco,NJ a few years ago at a Mopar event and it was nice talking to you and seeing your 67 Convert.

One day I'd like to see your Barracuda run.

Greg.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/11/15 02:30 PM

Congrats Greg on your win, and good seeing you and chatting a bit.

Re: 2015 Stickshift Challenge @ The Nationals - 08/11/15 06:42 PM

Many thanks.
Interesting thing about luck, sometimes it works for you, sometimes agin you. I had probably the worst light I ever had in the semi. Into the final against Andre, and he was struck.

The reason I go to the nats is to see people I really like. Was one short this year, but beyond that still had the chance to visit with many others.

Many thanks to Andre. He organized the class, put his own money into it, and is a true gentleman. He is one of the people that helps keep your faith in humanity. Maybe some day though, he will understand about pockets t shirts.

I hope we get to do this next year. I will volunteer to be the official PIA to the race director, maybe we'll get a 2nd time trial.

Also, thanks to Brewers. It is great that a company that deals with manual transmissions/parts would support manual transmission racing.
drive
© 2024 Moparts Forums