Force Going Chevy

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 04:39 PM

Force is going with the Camero funny car bodies and
sponsorship with chevy... this will be announced later
today
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 04:41 PM

I believe it, he would never go Dodge (Hudson) to keep the rivalry with DSR going.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 04:54 PM

Guess this means Chevy will now have a Hemi too
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 04:58 PM

Same car different body. Wow big deal! Honestly none of them do anything for me any more. I respect the power they are making but you can hardly tell the difference in any of them anymore other than the damn decal they put on the front for the grill and headlights.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 05:00 PM

I wish I could do this good picking lottery numbers, I called Camaro right after Ford announced he was getting the money train cut off.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 05:05 PM

Quote:

Same car different body. Wow big deal! Honestly none of them do anything for me any more. I respect the power they are making but you can hardly tell the difference in any of them anymore other than the damn decal they put on the front for the grill and headlights.

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 05:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah they all come off the same molds and hang some
different decals on them... basically this was about
where the dollars will be coming from
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 05:39 PM

Quote:

Force will design a new Chevy Hemi from the ground up like he did with his Ford.

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 05:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah they all come off the same molds and hang some
different decals on them... basically this was about
where the dollars will be coming from

I can say at least it looks like the new charger body has an actual body line in it to look something like what it was supposed to but still. Nothing worth getting excited about. Remember when the Mongoose had his 57 funny car? Now if they would start doing stuff like that I'd be all about it again! that was a bad freakin car!
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 08:05 PM

Rerap the body, change the engine colors, warm up the CNC machine to cut a bowtie in the valve covers. Force then has the legendary chebby blown fuel Hemi.Dave
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 09:08 PM

How about changing title to "Force gets new stickers".

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 09:14 PM

Looks kinda gay to me.

Attached picture 8397381-Forcecamaro.jpg
Posted By: oddjob

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 09:28 PM

GM has always thought nothing of putting their name and or logo on anybody's car or dragster. I have said years ago that you should have to run the body for whatever engine is under it. By the way how many of Forces titles did he win with anything other than a Mopar Hemi ( or clone )
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 11:39 PM

Quote:

Yep Sunny's!

or LS-500

Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/15/15 11:58 PM

all funny cars look like sh t
Posted By: ademon

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 01:03 AM

GM likes to piss money away. Talk about no return .
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 01:12 AM

how's he go that fast with teeth that big?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 01:54 AM

Should have got sponsored by ZEST

Car looks like a bar of soap.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 02:03 AM

All that time and effort Ford and JFR spent developing the Ford 500 engine down the drain!

Oh, wait....
Posted By: webemopes

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 03:36 AM

if this goes in typical gm fashion they will be recalled before the season even gets started
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 03:46 AM

I thought Force ran a 500 cube Hemi Ford engine now he'll just fab up a Chevy Hemi to his needs. I just don't see why Chevy or any other brand would put up money as funny cars don't look even close to the car there supposed to . But I guess they are to sponsor the dragster also
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 04:13 AM

as mentioned...every top fuel car, dragster or funny car runs a Hemi. been that way for years... I would love to see them (and pro-stock) go back to a more "stock appearing" body.
Posted By: ademon

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 04:42 AM

Quote:

if this goes in typical gm fashion they will be recalled before the season even gets started

Maybe someone at GM made a mistake thinking the finals draw 4 million viewers, instead of the actual under 400k viewers. They are better off poring more advertising money into shows like street outlaws which draw about 1.5 million viewers. Oh well they have the marketing degrees not me.

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 04:51 AM

I could care less what the body is... I like to watch
or participate in racing .. period.. hell I watch the
wing sprint cars.. they are all the same... I watch
air plane racing also.. they are the same in some
classes... I dont care what they look like just
make it good racing
Posted By: 9secondsatellite

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 04:54 AM

Quote:

now that's funny right there!
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 05:46 PM

You can rest assured the GM techs have introduced Force to Sonny Leonard and he has brought out Sonny's complete stock of 1,000+cu in ChevyHemi's .Force and Courtney have already had matching BowTies tattooed on their Butt Cheek's!

Posted By: Quickrunner

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/16/15 07:24 PM

Has not been a factory part on any fuel car for decades, Mopar, ford or chevy. All just stickers and $$ they all run basicaly the same stuff. Most uf it made of unobtainium! LOL
Posted By: BuckeyeBrawler

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/17/15 03:50 AM

Well I guess it will make it that much easier to root for the DSR Mopars since Johnny went to the dark side
Posted By: 440gtx6

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/17/15 06:50 AM

Maybe they can get Chevy guy Rik Wild to hand him his big ole trophy if he wins the nationals ...

chevy guy

Posted By: gofish

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/20/15 11:39 PM

Just read on Competition Plus that Gray from the NHRA admitted the Camaro Funny Car body is one of the Force Mustang bodies with a couple of small changes.

Danny
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/21/15 01:11 AM

http://competitionplus.com/drag-racing/n...y-to-new-camaro

change the wrap...change the decals...and bingo it is a camaro...Big Block Chevy and all...cause the decals say so...LOL
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/21/15 02:42 AM

Yeah, whats it matter anyway........they are ALL spec bodies basically with different decals. The Charger body looks no more like a Charger than the Chevrostang looks like either of those. They all look like shovel nose shoe boxes with a doghouse on top

Monte
Posted By: cgall

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/21/15 02:49 AM

Two weeks out and the entry list shows 3 cars in TF, 4 in FC, 11 in PS.
Posted By: dakotawilly

Re: Force Going Chevy - 01/21/15 05:32 AM

maybe he will resurrect the old aries chevy hemi heads and make it a real fake chevy.id rather run a mcgee motor than a chevylay....
© 2024 Moparts Forums