Moparts

Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars?

Posted By: 67HEMI

Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars? - 01/08/09 08:19 PM

I am trying to free up some movement in my 67 Coronet front suspension and at the same time lose some weight. Anyone use these or have a better alternative? In principle looks like they would allow easier movement of the lower control arms since there are no bushings.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars? - 01/08/09 10:04 PM

Yes it makes a big difference with a rod end compared to that big bushing just binding up as the wheel travels.

I have Bondo Bobs struts on my car and with no shock on the car you can move the spindle up and down thru out its full range of motion with one hand easily.

Then you can use the shock to control the front end.

Check out Bobs before you buy www.bobsprofab.com
Posted By: dvw

Re: Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars? - 01/09/09 07:51 PM

You guys might be interested in what I saw last week. A friend of mine is restoring one of Bobby Alisons NASCAR Daytonas. In place of the the strut rod bushings are factory Chrysler upper ball joints. The hole is opened up and the hex of the joint is welded to the front flat of the K-frame. A rod is threaded onto the ball joint stud which goes back to the lower A-Arm. This allows for some caster adjustment as well. Granted it would be a pain to change the ball joint but I dought if it would ever wear out with such little movement. Pretty easy & inexpensive.
Doug
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars? - 01/10/09 03:32 PM

Quote:

Yes it makes a big difference with a rod end compared to that big bushing just binding up as the wheel travels.

I have Bondo Bobs struts on my car and with no shock on the car you can move the spindle up and down thru out its full range of motion with one hand easily.

Then you can use the shock to control the front end.

Check out Bobs before you buy www.bobsprofab.com

Thanks for the info.I called Bob yesterday and he does not have the dynamic bars to fit stock lower control arms. Guess I will order the CAPS Monday.
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars? - 01/10/09 03:52 PM

i am not tooled up right now to make the machined part for the mounting into the stock control arm to make them fully adjustable without pulling the strut to adjust it.

i will look into machining them in the near future

Bob
Posted By: Anselmi

Re: Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars? - 01/10/09 03:59 PM

How about Bill Reilly's?

http://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php?cat=266
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars? - 01/10/09 04:06 PM

Quote:

How about Bill Reilly's?

http://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php?cat=266

mine are like Bills, fixed in the lower control arm.
I make mine from Chromoly.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Anyone use the C.A.P. Dynamic Strut Bars? - 01/13/09 02:40 AM

Quote:

You guys might be interested in what I saw last week. A friend of mine is restoring one of Bobby Alisons NASCAR Daytonas. In place of the the strut rod bushings are factory Chrysler upper ball joints........Pretty easy & inexpensive.
Doug

I have seen that also, but, a ball joint is not designed for any real loading in a straight pull as used in a strut. So Either the pulling forces are not that great to begin with, or the ball joint is just strong enough for limited? Nascar use. Or something else.
© 2024 Moparts Forums