Moparts

shipping race car from west coast

Posted By: 73-Dart-sport

shipping race car from west coast - 01/11/15 03:35 AM

Anyone have any experience shipping a race car from the west coast to Ohio? If so, can you make any recommendations on who to call regarding cost, details etc.?
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: shipping race car from west coast - 01/11/15 06:18 AM

I've had several cars shipped from California to NY. Usually costs about a grand. Last one I had shipped in 2012 was $1,100 'enclosed' which meant that the transporter had canvas sides. Better than nothing since it was during the winter but it was a little misleading.

Cost kind of depends on what level of 'care' you want. There's several outfits out there that will give your car the white glove treatment but the cost will reflect that. Most transporters take all kinds of cars. If you pick a general carrier, you're gonna have to trust that whoever loads the car on the other end can handle it.

Most of the general transport companies are brokers that work with guys they know. They're all kinda the same. Read some reviews on line.

Fuel is low right now, you could probably get it done pretty cheap if you shop around. Sometimes they give you a break if you pick it up at a hub. Also helps to be closer to a major highway.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: shipping race car from west coast - 01/11/15 08:21 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I have had good luck with this gentleman.
Posted By: Trulyvintage

Re: shipping race car from west coast - 01/11/15 05:12 PM

Quote:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I have had good luck with this gentleman.

Thanks Jeremiah ....

I am dropping off a 1922 Studebaker
in Newberg, OR later today ....

Jim
Posted By: Trulyvintage

Moparts Sponsor - 01/11/15 05:19 PM

Quote:

Anyone have any experience shipping a race car from the west coast to Ohio? If so, can you make any recommendations on who to call regarding cost, details etc.?

Enclosed Race Car Transport Here

Jim
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Moparts Sponsor - 01/11/15 11:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Enclosed Race Car Transport Here

Jim

There ya go Dave, looks like your answer.

Now email me a photo of the car your buying.
© 2024 Moparts Forums