Moparts

Transbrake button, who's is the best????

Posted By: 65racer

Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 02:23 AM

OK guy's, I have been checking out transbrake buttons, for my car, need some opinions on whose is the best, this will be for a n/b car, so I am going to need a long stroke button, with built in delay, I have a harrington button but I don't really like the stiff spring in the mechanism, I know the 5-0 button has a softer spring, but is it worth the extra cost, jeg's has a long throw button, but have heard their buttons weren't consistent on release, so let's have some real world opinions.

Thanks Dave
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 02:58 AM

I have the so called 5-0 button... feels real nice
very smooth but its no where near 5-0 delay, to me
its a 3.5 max
Posted By: 10sec440

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 03:13 AM

Check the rules where you race.Here the 5-0 button (.05 delay) is not legal in NB but the .03 delay button is.
Posted By: 67dodgeracer

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 04:24 AM

I have the jegs long throw button.I fabbed up a wider platform for my thumb after it slipped off on a time run It's pretty stiff,but easy to get used to.I'm thinking about going biondo 5-0 though,looking for a little more delay.It's a lot smoother.
Posted By: afxcoronet

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 04:54 AM

TransTrigger, I love it...check it out over on Dragraceresults.com
http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/4951023263/p/1
goodluck,
Curtis
Posted By: rebel

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 09:25 AM

i didn't know buttons even had a delay. i thought the delay was grouping enough brain cells together to tell my thumb to move out of the way???
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 11:33 AM

This is the one I have

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...mp;autoview=sku
Posted By: dillman

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 01:59 PM

Better off getting Biondo's NHRA accepted Terminator button...At this point, the 5-0 is ok for bracket racing, but I've got a feeling it won't be in the next year or so. And I've got the 5-0 and love it as well
Posted By: Mark Romeo

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 03:02 PM

I have this one...
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/751821/10002/-1

I haven't had any problem with it. I am the inconsistent variable I think...not the button
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 03:06 PM

Thinking about getting me one of those Trans Triggers, just have to come to grips with the cost of the darn thing...
Posted By: sleepyhead416

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/08/09 06:03 PM

I have a JAKE BRAKE switch going on 10 years
Posted By: 10sec440

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/09/09 02:45 AM

Quote:

Better off getting Biondo's NHRA accepted Terminator button...At this point, the 5-0 is ok for bracket racing, but I've got a feeling it won't be in the next year or so. And I've got the 5-0 and love it as well

I should have specified Div 6...in Div 6 the 5-0 button is definitely NOT legal in any NB class.Check your Div rules before you buy.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/09/09 03:01 AM

Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/09/09 02:18 PM

Quote:

Thinking about getting me one of those Trans Triggers, just have to come to grips with the cost of the darn thing...

Al, Talk to me before you get one, I may sell mine.
Posted By: Mark Romeo

Re: Transbrake button, who's is the best???? - 01/09/09 03:01 PM

Quote:

I have micro switch from Grainger....now I like it because it is one of the quickest..IE: for .400 Pro Tree....but...it is also adjustable and can be quite slow...ask me how I know

Do you have a part number or link to it by any chance?
© 2024 Moparts Forums