Moparts

Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time.

Posted By: StrokerPost

Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/08/09 02:20 AM

Was lookin for a pic and came across these from the CC event at Edgewater from '06. What was going on here was in round 2 of the Sat race my car just died right in the middle of the burnout, so we towed it back and all the guys I hung with were involved in diagnosing and eventually fixing the problem, the MSD box went bad. I dont remember why, but we laughed through the whole ordeal. As I recall everyone contributed something, even the stranger who responded to a parts call over the PA system. He showed up with his spare MSD box and trusted me to take it back to Missouri with me as he couldnt wait around. I ended up winning the race on Sun so when I sent the box back I sent a little monetary thank you.
From left to right is Charlie, me, Russ, Walt and Butch.

Attached picture 4931327-011a.jpg

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/08/09 02:25 AM

Heres the gang eatin, relaxing, and laughing at me chokin to death. This of coarse after the long thrash on my car. From lft to rt is Dave, Bill, Chad, Walt, Butch, and Russ. Great guys. Had more fun that year meetin up with these guys than any other year I've raced. Thanks guys.

How bout you guys, got any good pix/stories worth posting?

Attached picture 4931351-Mopartsguys.jpg
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/08/09 02:30 AM

I think you had a allergic reaction to Gatorade, that was definately a fun weekend.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/18/09 05:13 AM

Now that's a great group of guys in these photos. I can't wait til spring to hang out with everyone again. Winter blows!!!!!!
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/18/09 06:00 AM

Quote:

Heres the gang eatin, relaxing, and laughing at me chokin to death. This of coarse after the long thrash on my car. From lft to rt is Dave, Bill, Chad, Walt, Butch, and Russ. Great guys. Had more fun that year meetin up with these guys than any other year I've raced. Thanks guys.

And this is really what it's all about. Friends and meeting new friends and having fun. People who are always there to talk, help each other out and support their efforts no matter what. I can't wait to get together to see as many of you all as I can again this year

Russ
Posted By: Butch

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/18/09 10:37 AM

Man that was a great weekend Ken. Thanks for the memories. I cherish my Moparts family as I do my own.

I do hope you and your family can attend more of the events this year because you will be missed if you don't.

Butch
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/18/09 05:04 PM

That was a fun weekend!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/18/09 06:50 PM

Quote:

And this is really what it's all about. Friends and meeting new friends and having fun. People who are always there to talk, help each other out and support their efforts no matter what.

That is what I like about drag gacing, I've met some great people in the last five years. Not all of them are Mopar folks either. I fooled with dirt cars for several years and finally got tired of the bs. It seemed like there was at least one every weekend. I don't miss it at all. IMHO drag racers are the coolest people to hang out with .

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/18/09 07:25 PM

Quote:

Was lookin for a pic and came across these from the CC event at Edgewater from '06. What was going on here was in round 2 of the Sat race my car just died right in the middle of the burnout, so we towed it back and all the guys I hung with were involved in diagnosing and eventually fixing the problem, the MSD box went bad. I dont remember why, but we laughed through the whole ordeal. As I recall everyone contributed something, even the stranger who responded to a parts call over the PA system. He showed up with his spare MSD box and trusted me to take it back to Missouri with me as he couldnt wait around. I ended up winning the race on Sun so when I sent the box back I sent a little monetary thank you.

I believe that is the picture I took, while you guy's were trying to sort out the issues,,,that's one of the weekend's that I will never forget,,thank's to Ken.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/18/09 08:14 PM

Temporary hijack in process..
Anyone have a link to the Edgewater track? Is it a pretty good track? This might be a option to were I go, is there any Mopar events here? I live off the AA highway so it pretty much a straight shot, good highway driving from my house.

Thanks
Bob
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/18/09 09:35 PM

I had great w/e also,

Attached picture 4956750-Dsc01801a.jpg

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 12:01 AM

Quote:

I had great w/e also,

Hey Jim, where did you get that pic? I saw mine on the CC Events website back then but was never able to get one.

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 12:09 AM

Quote:

Also, though not pictured, gotta give a call out to Rob Nixon (prochamp). I had traction issues ALL weekend, so he brought me 3 bags of salt to throw in the trunk, and that made the diff for Sun. Car was killer, though the wind made it TOUGH to dial round to round. I was just the best guesser that day. The way it all turned out, and the good times shared made it all worth the 7 hour drive. If not for my Moparts buddies I'd never have made all those trips to Ohio. I know I will miss it when the car is gone.
Posted By: POZEST

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 12:44 AM

edgewaterrace.com
Posted By: POZEST

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 02:10 AM

Ken, send Eddie a Email. He may be able to help you out with a pic from the weekend.

Attached picture 4957440-l_f2d80d547d91d56c26b669d6dff0a5cf.jpg
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 03:43 AM

I remember that weekend as well. Must have been contagious because my intake, rockers, and oil pan were all off of my engine on Saturday!!

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 04:26 AM

Quote:

I remember that weekend as well. Must have been contagious because my intake, rockers, and oil pan were all off of my engine on Saturday!!

I remember that well. Seems there was a mad hunt for a missing valve retainer lock, or aduster nut or something. Adversity only makes it better when ya come away with a positive result.

Thanks Brian and Jim, I'll check around.

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 04:50 AM

Ahh what a great memory you have Ken. It was actually a lash cap but you were close enough. We certainly had an interesting weekend thats for sure.

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 04:51 AM

I got a great deal of help from MCAT that weekend as well.
Posted By: cgall

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/19/09 11:32 PM

That was a busy weekend for sure, I had to work Friday and 1/2 day Saturday, good thing I live 15 miles from the track. When I got there Friday, I was appalled to learn that there would be a seperate paid TNT after the CC time runs. When the Civics and Mustangs started coming in, I went home hoping that there would be no trouble.

Saturday I got to hang with Ken and the gang for awhile, then made it to the semis of the No-Box gambler and made a mistake and let Tammy Gibson get around me. Sunday I thought the race was mine to win, I had a .005 light and went .001 over on the brakes in the first round, went .005 red in the third round. I spent the rest of the day with RBDuster mopping oil off of his engine after a mysterious leak.

Ken, I agree that you need to keep racing, just do it on the cheap like I do. Edgewater was a one-year deal, the owner is very difficult to work with. It's a shame that Tri-State gave up their race, I could have a Moparts party and BBQ at my house. I have only raced 5 or 6 times since I crashed at PRP, but there is no way I will quit.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/20/09 12:24 AM

Quote:

I know those bumm's.... good bunch of guys

Re: Memory lane: Cinci '06, what a great time. - 01/20/09 01:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I know those bumm's.... good bunch of guys

you better be nice to us,,,we know where you race!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums