Moparts

572 pistons.

Posted By: FastmOp

572 pistons. - 12/29/14 08:10 PM

I need a set of pistons for my new turbo short block and was trying to get an idea of what I need. I know the bore is 4.5 and I want to upgrade the strength of the wrist pin wile still keeping it a .990 (Chevy size) pin. I would also like a thermal barrier on the top. I also need roller valve pockets to clear .750 lift. And would like the top ring down to increase the strength.

I'm thinking J&E but if I could get what I need in a less expensive brand I would consider it.
If any site sponsor is interested in quoting me a price please PM me.

Re: 572 pistons. - 12/29/14 10:02 PM

https://youtu.be/8VuIueD3JkI
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 572 pistons. - 12/29/14 10:42 PM

How man piston companies have you called.. I used Diamond
on my last SB build and PC before that... Diamond will
do 2 change for you for a minimal fee

Re: 572 pistons. - 12/30/14 12:14 AM

Ross so far. Got a price for ten. Need to go through a dealer to get better $$
Mike was great to talk to.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: 572 pistons. - 12/30/14 01:09 AM

What head are you working with?

Re: 572 pistons. - 12/30/14 03:40 AM

Heads are Indy -1 cnc from muscle motors.
Je guy was a little short with me and didn't really want to talk. Asked me to fill out the form on the Web site and fax it to him lol
I had just got off the phone with the ross guy and he covered every aspect conceivable. Prolly just use them now.
Posted By: 68valiant68

Re: 572 pistons. - 12/30/14 07:14 AM

Did you talk to wisco?
Posted By: Tig

Re: 572 pistons. - 12/30/14 11:00 PM

Quote:

I need a set of pistons for my new turbo short block and was trying to get an idea of what I need. I know the bore is 4.5 and I want to upgrade the strength of the wrist pin wile still keeping it a .990 (Chevy size) pin. I would also like a thermal barrier on the top. I also need roller valve pockets to clear .750 lift. And would like the top ring down to increase the strength.

I'm thinking J&E but if I could get what I need in a less expensive brand I would consider it.
If any site sponsor is interested in quoting me a price please PM me.

You could try Todd Marsh @ The Moparts Connection, he is a Diamond piston dealer. They can do custom pistons thermally coated on the top and teflon coated on the skirt.
© 2024 Moparts Forums