Moparts

Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds

Posted By: 65 NSS 500

Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/22/14 05:46 PM

Hello,

I was curious who got or if Allens 64 Polora Sold or if it was still available?

I saw it on fleebay a little while ago and was interested in it and then the ad disappeared. My guess is it sold but was hoping to maybe locate.

Thanks

Kevin

Attached File
Posted By: Tommy D

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/23/14 02:37 PM

Not sure, but following this one. Allen was a great guy. My father almost purchased the "Jack of Diamonds" before settling on our 63. I have a photo of him looking it over at the Maple Grove Swap Meet prior to Allen purchasing it. That car ran a 440 with an STR 14 cross-ram. Ran right around 11.00 from what I remember. Just prior to his passing, Allen built an AWB 65 Dodge called "Hang em High" RIP my friend.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/23/14 04:29 PM

If this is the same car I am thinking of I know the guy that built originally. Do you have a picture of it?

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/23/14 05:44 PM

Here is a picture. It has been around Carslile,Beaver, York, Atco. He ran a lot of Nostalgia events.

Attached picture 8371360-fbf002.jpg

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/23/14 05:46 PM

Yes Tommy that is the same guy, He passed 2-3 years ago and his brother was selling.. How much were they asking when you looked at it if you don't mind.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/23/14 06:56 PM

I do believe that is the car. Buzz Kolesar built that car back in the 70's. We used to go down to his shop in Westfield PA. Back in the day he had a ton of great cars. He sold a 65 A990 Dodge out of his place brand new. I bought a 340 Six Pack set up, complete, for 100. He had several of them lined up against the wall. 70 440+6 cuda body, 4 speed, FC7 for 1200, My brother bought a FY1 AAR auto for 1250. I still own a 70 383 Bee that came from there in 79. 600 bucks, 39,000 miles mostly original paint.
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/24/14 12:19 PM

Quote:

Here is a picture. It has been around Carslile,Beaver, York, Atco. He ran a lot of Nostalgia events.

I may have a video of the car running at Cecil county, I'll have to look when I get home.

Gary

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/24/14 11:35 PM

Quote:

Yes I do have a video of the car running -> 11.2 vs the Reliant running 10.8.

If you watch this video close you can see his car in the other lane while the Reliant is warming the slicks up at the 1-2 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmuFhAv8-Ks

Allen was very nice, we chatted in stage while waiting to make passes and was astounded to find out the Reliant was only packing a 2.5 liter engine. Said he looked up from his gauges after launching and the little car in the other lane was GONE and just shook his head.

I might have a picture too, I'll page through my archives.

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/25/14 09:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3WbDxRu734

Here ya go- This was at Cecil November 2001.

Gary
Posted By: Tommy D

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/27/14 03:32 PM

Sorry, I do not remember what the asking price was back then. Tommy

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/29/14 06:26 PM

Thanks all. I was hoping to see if it was still for sale. I liked the old school look a patina..
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: Allen Obenchains Polara still around? Jack of Diamonds - 12/29/14 10:27 PM

Quote:

Thanks all. I was hoping to see if it was still for sale. I liked the old school look a patina..

I liked the "old school look" because 1964 was when I graduated from high school and I owned the one in the picture for 13 years. Last I heard it lives in Chicago. It was too nice to make a race car out of it.

Attached picture 8377384-1FrontLeft'64(2).JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums