Moparts

Small Block Stroker Question

Posted By: dustyswinger

Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 01:20 AM

I don't know if this has been beat to death but I'm putting together another stroker with some parts I have. It will be 550-600 HP. My other stroker had 500 HP and a cast crank and scat H beam rods. My question is what is the best crank and rods to use? It will be a 4 in with a 6.123 rod with .984 pin or at least what I'm planning on. The pistons are flat tops with I think 1.46 compression height, they are weisco forged pistons. I am thinking either Molnar, Bpe or K1. Rods I have looked at are scat, K1 or molnar.

I guess I am looking for input on what you guys like or dislike and have used or want to use. Thanks Craig
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 01:59 AM

I have heard so many people beat Eagle parts to death I am a little scared to post my combo. I have a Eagle forged crank and Eagle H beam rods in my 422. I love them. Just took it apart and it had wear but not hurt or beat up. A quick stock rebuild and a little cleaning and it will be good as new. I bet I have 350 or better passes on the engine and a lot of street miles.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 02:02 AM

We're it me I would contact Rod Bloomer(BPE) and have him fix you up.
You will get a quality assembly and his knowledge.
Have never heard anything negative about his parts or services.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 02:09 AM

BPE is the best to deal with and positively the best value per dollars spent.
Keith
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 02:17 AM

I would call Rod BPE also. He will get you what you need and give you a smoking deal.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 02:46 AM

Why not eagle ? Alot of my friends use em and to honest you'd be amazed how much powa they throw at it.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 03:14 AM

I have shopped around a bunch, and Rod at BPE has the best deal, and the best service.
He is a stand up guy, and his parts are very good quality also.
At the very least you owe it to yourself to atleast talk with Rod.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 04:09 AM

Quote:

Why not eagle ? Alot of my friends use em and to honest you'd be amazed how much powa they throw at it.

Because he doesn't want sleeves in his block like mine! BOOM!
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 08:32 AM

I currently have a BPE crank, Eagle rods, and Wiseco pistons in mine. You will be hard pressed to find anyone on here that puts more passes on their cars a year than me at my power level. They are out there but point being that the stuff lives.
Posted By: Rob C

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 10:26 AM

How to contact Rod/BPE?
Posted By: MattW

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 12:56 PM

Quote:

I would call Rod BPE also. He will get you what you need and give you a smoking deal.

:

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 12:57 PM

Just need to get him into the G3 stuff also

Re: Small Block Stroker Question *DELETED* - 12/17/14 12:58 PM

Post deleted by MattW
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 04:44 PM

Got one of Rod's cranks in my 440" stroker, (see attached) makes awesome power rods and mains all blueprinted within spec OOTB and the build was a breeze.

http://youtu.be/JMxHajD_ztw

Attached picture 8365193-IMG_8081.jpeg
Posted By: BlueDart

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 04:57 PM

Just last week got complete kit from Rod you can't go wrong dealing with him gonna replace my 3.600 crank that I have ran the past 11 years with a 4.125 kit and see if it picks my Daytona up a little
Posted By: kielbasa

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 05:37 PM

i went thru this a while back also....for the parts you're getting, i don't think you can beat a deal from BPE.....

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 06:06 PM

Quote:

How to contact Rod/BPE?

Easiest way is email
ROD@BLOOMERPERFORMANCE.COM

Keith
Posted By: Rob C

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 07:04 PM

Thank you thank you!
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/17/14 11:59 PM

Quote:

I don't know if this has been beat to death but I'm putting together another stroker with some parts I have. It will be 550-600 HP. My other stroker had 500 HP and a cast crank and scat H beam rods. My question is what is the best crank and rods to use? It will be a 4 in with a 6.123 rod with .984 pin or at least what I'm planning on. The pistons are flat tops with I think 1.46 compression height, they are weisco forged pistons. I am thinking either Molnar, Bpe or K1. Rods I have looked at are scat, K1 or molnar.

I guess I am looking for input on what you guys like or dislike and have used or want to use. Thanks Craig

Nothing but great things from both Scat and Molnar!!
Posted By: BPE

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/28/14 02:07 AM

Just wanted to thank Craig (dustyswinger) for the crank order.I also wanted to thank all of the members that recommended me and my crankshafts. It means a lot that you guys have my back.

Rod
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/28/14 02:23 AM

Quote:

Just wanted to thank Craig (dustyswinger) for the crank order.I also wanted to thank all of the members that recommended me and my crankshafts. It means a lot that you guys have my back.

Rod

Rod do you have a web page? I wouldn't mind checking out what you have to offer.

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/28/14 02:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rod

Rod do you have a web page? I wouldn't mind checking out what you have to offer.

Never mind I found it but its under construction.
http://www.bloomerperformance.com/
Posted By: BPE

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/28/14 03:02 AM

John, I need more time from my fulltime job......

Rod

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/28/14 03:24 AM

Quote:

John, I need more time from my fulltime job......

Rod

I hear ya Rod. I used to hate coming home from work and going to work again.

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/28/14 03:34 AM

If Rod would complete his website he would need to update it regularly. That seems to take up a lot of time as well.
His email works though.
I had a customer ask me what I thought about some " popular " brands of crankshafts compared to BPE. I told him if you have more money than you need for what you are building by a different brand. If you want good quality and a FAIR price buy from Rod at BPE.
Keith
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 12/29/14 01:21 PM

if you are happy with your current sales don't worry about the web site. if you want more get it fixed and keep it current.
Posted By: dustyswinger

Re: Small Block Stroker Question - 01/03/15 08:02 AM

Ok Rods crank is on the way and I bought some Molinar rods but they seem to be offset on the big end. I'm assuming that is because of the chamfererd bearings. Or am I wrong?
© 2024 Moparts Forums