Moparts

Joey Cole

Posted By: Max Weg

Joey Cole - 12/11/14 04:25 AM

I was wondering if anyone had any work completed by Joey Cole lately? He has had a 50% deposit for some aluminum components for over 21/2 years!! Just wondered who else out there is waiting?

Max Weg
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Joey Cole - 12/11/14 05:44 AM

Joey Cole in Michigan? aka Tin man?

Re: Joey Cole - 12/11/14 05:48 AM

That's the Guy!! Won't answer phone calls or emails.

Max Weg

Re: Joey Cole - 12/11/14 11:55 PM

Thanks for all the pm's received. I just want make people aware of his business practices. If there is any members here that know an alternative way to get a hold of him please feel free to get a hold of me. I appreciate any help.

Max Weg
Posted By: Clanton

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 12:19 AM

I think I have him on facebook,maybe try that!I don't know him but will be carefull thanks to your info!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 12:31 AM

Quote:

Thanks for all the pm's received. I just want make people aware of his business practices. If there is any members here that know an alternative way to get a hold of him please feel free to get a hold of me. I appreciate any help.

Max Weg

Where does he live(address).. maybe a visit will help..
if you give a letter of permission to pick up your
funds that would help if a personal visit was involed

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 12:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Max Weg

He lives in Riga Michigan the last time I had any contact. His number is (419) 215-7270 he won't pick up when I call. I am from Canada so it makes it tough for personal visits.

I appreciate any help.

Max Weg

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 01:26 AM

He lives in Riga Michigan the last time I had any contact. His number is (419) 215-7270 he won't pick up when I call. I am from Canada so it makes it tough for personal visits.

I appreciate any help.

Max Weg

I looked it up and for me its a 2 hour run.. maybe
someone closer could stop by his place and either
pick up the product or the funds... if that were the
case a phone call to the local police would help and
the permission letter... just a idea... I assume
you have a copy of the money order or something to
verify the dollars you sent... if it was paypal you
could get your money back pretty easy
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 02:00 AM

His uncle hangs out on the 62-65 Mopar site, maybe try there, his uncle used to be pretty active on that site.

Good Luck,
Joey

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 03:19 AM

I have been in touch with the 62 to 65 site we will see what they can do. I think the biggest help is keeping this active so that no one else can be scammed. I will post it in the general section. Maybe one of the moderators could contact me to see if there is any assistance? Stuff like this puts a black eye on our hobby!

I have all the emails and a copy of the bank draft.

Max Weg
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:46 AM

I think you need to get a little more active on this deal. Contact Tom or a Moderator.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:54 AM

How do you get a hold of Tom?

Max Weg

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 05:01 AM

Quote:

How do you get a hold of Tom?

Max Weg

Look a couple of post above yours and you will see
the AHSS post and his name is in red(moparts) click
on his name/title and you can send him a PM

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 05:03 AM

Thanks

Max Weg

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 05:31 AM

A whiles back I wanted to buy a custom part from him, he makes incredible parts out of aluminum by the way, but could not get a straight answer as to how I could get them.
Fine I said, I'll go there myself (since I travel to Michigan most often) and buy them right there up and personal. It was a problem.
So I said to myself, I have a problem sending money to a place out of my neighborhood for parts sight unseen.
Maybe he'll come through and deliver.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:16 PM

I'm not sure how big Riga is , but I had an issue with a guy in a smaller town some five states away and it was a significant amount ( near 5 grand ) than went on for about three months.
I called the local police , turns out the chief knew him......or at least knew of him.
I had my stuff inside a week.
I'd give that a shot and at least talk to them.
It sure couldn't hurt.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:20 PM

Is he a Moparts member?
Posted By: OUTLAWD

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:24 PM

I'm ~1 hour away, not sure that I could be of any help, but I'll do what I can.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:31 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure how big Riga is , but I had an issue with a guy in a smaller town some five states away and it was a significant amount ( near 5 grand ) than went on for about three months.
I called the local police , turns out the chief knew him......or at least knew of him.
I had my stuff inside a week.
I'd give that a shot and at least talk to them.
It sure couldn't hurt.

I will have to give that a try, I had hoped that Joey could be man enough to answer a phone call or email.

Max Weg

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:32 PM

Quote:

I'm ~1 hour away, not sure that I could be of any help, but I'll do what I can.

I would appreciate any help for sure. He was a member but he has now closed his membership.

Max Weg

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:33 PM

Quote:

Is he a Moparts member?

Ted... good to see you.... I havent seen you on here
for a while... hope your doing well...... back to
the post now

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:38 PM

Thanks Mike! Still having good days and a few bad ones. If he was a member here about all we could do is try to contact him then suspend his account on Moparts. There is a similar thread going on now in the general forum.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:46 PM

Quote:

Thanks Mike! Still having good days and a few bad ones. If he was a member here about all we could do is try to contact him then suspend his account on Moparts. There is a similar thread going on now in the general forum.

Is the one in general on the same guy.. is it from
another person about him?..... you take care of yourself

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:52 PM

Different guy...Same principle.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 04:56 PM

Quote:

Different guy...Same principle.

Damn.... I guess this guy is getting a rep that we
should know about and stay away..... the guy that
stated this post here has a TON of money invested
with this Joey guy.... I mean a TON

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 05:05 PM

For the OP..Do you have receipts for the transaction? If you have a postal MO I would seek legal action.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 05:25 PM

Quote:

For the OP..Do you have receipts for the transaction? If you have a postal MO I would seek legal action.

Yes I do have a receipt as well as emails. I had hoped it wouldn't have to go this far, Yes I will have to get someone involved.

I really don't want to see anyone else get scammed.

Max Weg

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 05:32 PM

This is why I have and still do transactions of this nature with US or global Postal service money orders.
If not, then as I mentioned before, hand to hand combat with cash and carry.
It's a funny world out there with more and more people not owning up to their fails.
Hard times can hit anyone, but keep communications open and transparent. Its the information/keeping touch gadgetry age already.

Sure hope you can get your money refunded or even better, get your parts. And as for this person, sure hope he can redeem himself and even better, get back to making beautiful aluminum parts.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 05:40 PM

It looks like you have no other choice. Good luck!

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 06:10 PM

Quote:

I posted in the General section and it was removed???

Max Weg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 06:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I posted in the General section and it was removed???

Max Weg

I`ll collect for 50%.....................
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 07:20 PM

Quote:

Good luck with the Postal Money order/legal action. I checked into doing that awhile back over a deal going bad. The Post Office informed me that they couldn't do anything unless the person solicited me to buy through the mail,,catalog,etc. I was always under the impression of 'if you sent the money order through the mail they would help'...NOT so. Maybe different at your PO, but that was my local PO 's answer.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 07:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck with the Postal Money order/legal action. I checked into doing that awhile back over a deal going bad. The Post Office informed me that they couldn't do anything unless the person solicited me to buy through the mail,,catalog,etc. I was always under the impression of 'if you sent the mail order through the mail they would help'...NOT so. Maybe different at your PO, but that was my local PO 's answer.

This wasn't a Money order from a Post Office it was a Bank Draft from a bank.

Max Weg
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 07:31 PM

this sounds like what im going through with Thomas queen at feather carbon. called Me back asap ! to take my order. now no product. no returned calls or responces to my e-mails.does anyone know how hard it is to get your money back if pay-pal was used to purchase a product that was never delivered?

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 07:37 PM

Quote:

this sounds like what im going through with Thomas queen at feather carbon. called be back asap ! to take my order. now no product. no returned calls or responces to my e-mails.does anyone know how hard it is to get your money back if pay-pal was used to purchase a product that was never delivered?

My wife told me it isnt that bad... contact Paypal
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 07:53 PM

Quote:

Joey Cole in Michigan? aka Tin man?

Is this the guy that used to be on here and opened a tin shop of some sort at his house maybe? I think he was also building a Demon/Duster or some A body and was documenting his build here. I think he was also getting a bunch of parts from Bondo Bob for his build may have also been called stickman or something similar.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/12/14 07:56 PM

He was making some really incredible reproductions of factory race lightweight parts like bumpers, brackets, valances, and maybe even hoods and scoops. That's all I know of.
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Joey Cole - 12/13/14 12:38 AM

Joey Cole, now that's a name out of my past.
He's still around, then.
20 years ago, i bought a NASCAR Max Wedge, Tri-Y exhaust manifold from him.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Joey Cole - 12/13/14 12:57 AM

Quote:

He was making some really incredible reproductions of factory race lightweight parts like bumpers, brackets, valances, and maybe even hoods and scoops. That's all I know of.

Well, I have to disagree with you on this one. I bought a 65 race hemi hood scoop from him at the Nats. It was bare steel. I sold the car about 5 years later as a project car. The guy that bought the car from me, primed the scoop and then you could tell it was a very poor attempt at a hood scoop. It looked like a 3rd grader made it. He could not even use it. So I have bought from and I don't think much of his work. And I was going to get him to build me an oil pan and he never would answer calls or emails.
Posted By: GOLDENCOMMANDO

Re: Joey Cole - 12/13/14 04:59 AM

Quote:

Looks like he is still a member here?

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...hat=showmembers

Re: Joey Cole - 12/13/14 05:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like he is still a member here?

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...hat=showmembers

Thanks for the info!!! Much appreciated.

Max Weg
Posted By: Hemi ragtop

Re: Joey Cole - 12/13/14 02:40 PM

I hate to see this post and I understand the OP's concern/grief. However, I dealt with Joey back in 09'? on the steel hood scoop on the Coronet. I first read about his work on the resto of Tom Hoover's old 66 Coronet (1996 mag). I contacted him, ordered the scoop and as I recall, it took a year to get it, (met him at the Nat's and picked it up).
As for the quality, it was superb. My car has won a number of large car shows, it is BLACK so imperfections are magnified. My painter had just finished his personal car with a glass scoop and tried to buy my metal one! He did VERY little prep on it, it came out great and is still as nice as the day I received/painted it.
Joey was at times hard to contact. Updates were a long way apart, but he treated me well, delivered a superior product for the price quoted, for not a $ more. I was and still am pleased with my business dealings with him. I hate to see a reputation ruined, but understand the concern with money out for an extended period of time with no contact.

Attached picture 8360526-141027_Coronet_0147.jpg

Re: Joey Cole - 12/13/14 03:16 PM

I am glad you had a positive experience with Joey. I as well had purchased a scoop from him at first and he delivered, that is why I went back the second time but this is for a lot more money than a hood scoop!! I wouldn't have a problem waiting if he would at least answer his phone or reply to an email!! I think waiting 21/2 years for parts with no communication for 11/2 years is a little unreasonable. I have given him ample time to be in touch so he has nobody but himself to blame about his reputation.

Max Weg

Quote:

I hate to see this post and I understand the OP's concern/grief. However, I dealt with Joey back in 09'? on the steel hood scoop on the Coronet. I first read about his work on the resto of Tom Hoover's old 66 Coronet (1996 mag). I contacted him, ordered the scoop and as I recall, it took a year to get it, (met him at the Nat's and picked it up).
As for the quality, it was superb. My car has won a number of large car shows, it is BLACK so imperfections are magnified. My painter had just finished his personal car with a glass scoop and tried to buy my metal one! He did VERY little prep on it, it came out great and is still as nice as the day I received/painted it.
Joey was at times hard to contact. Updates were a long way apart, but he treated me well, delivered a superior product for the price quoted, for not a $ more. I was and still am pleased with my business dealings with him. I hate to see a reputation ruined, but understand the concern with money out for an extended period of time with no contact.

Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Joey Cole - 12/13/14 06:10 PM

I hear ya man and unless dying or dead, there`s NO excuse for no contact................PERIOD! I did an engine swap years ago for a "Friend" who took the car and would pay me the next day.................that was 10-12 years ago but he DID call telling me I will never get paid and that I would never find him. Within 24 hrs. I knew where he worked, lived and the lic. of his car. I let it go cos if not it would be a mess and I`d be in prison. I love street justice but the "Law" can possibly help as stated earlier. I`m glad some of you have trusted me w/your parts and $$$ and I will NEVER let anyone down intentionally and if there`s an issue I would HOPE you would contact me before a post like this ALTHOUGH the op`s issues are understandable. Good luck.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Joey Cole - 12/14/14 05:13 AM

This is what he said ~July 1 when I inquired about a Max Wedge scoop for my '63 Dodge:

"Right now probably around 3 months due to customers and other parts ahead of you. Just real busy right now with the added summer stuff. ie. Lots of grass to mow! Lol."

kcole@toast.net was the email that I used to contact him.

Re: Joey Cole - 12/14/14 03:06 PM

The email address is actually kcole1@toast.net if you try it without the 1'it will return an error message. I know this email works as he had no problem answering emails before he had my money. I am glad cuting his grass is a higher priority than completing work for people that have paid for it. I think you got away lucky by not sending any money. Don't send any money until he has completed the work for others and do it through paypal or some other safe method that if he does not deliver you don't have to go through the hassle I am.

Max Wedge

Quote:

This is what he said ~July 1 when I inquired about a Max Wedge scoop for my '63 Dodge:

"Right now probably around 3 months due to customers and other parts ahead of you. Just real busy right now with the added summer stuff. ie. Lots of grass to mow! Lol."

kcole@toast.net was the email that I used to contact him.

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Joey Cole - 12/14/14 03:13 PM

like tubtar said, call the local police. sometimes they will go out and talk to them.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Joey Cole - 12/14/14 09:58 PM

You're right,I missed the "1" in the email addy.

Guess I'll go scoopless when I have the car painted...
© 2024 Moparts Forums