Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 04:58 AM

Wow....My kinda car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLJV1KRv6U
Posted By: theraif

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:12 AM

Car Craft build
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:24 AM

PLEASE tell me I didn't hear 105mph on an 1/8 mile track.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:34 AM

Quote:

OK --- you turn your volume down so you don't hear it again
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:35 AM

Quote:

That is what I heard....But not all turbo combos run awesome numbers right out of the gate...every combo takes time.
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:20 PM

Not impressed. Hate those kind of videos. "Look at me and what my money bought me" 105 MPH AT THE TRACK Thats sad!!! Most likely that car only gets drove at car shows and not even sean a track.
Posted By: maxie

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:34 PM

Should look like this

Attached picture 8342427-10416970_10202247803330856_8455186573312586853_n.jpg
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:44 PM

Quote:

Should look like this

And before someone states the obvious, I couldn't care less which one is faster, the GenII Hemi looks killer in an A-Body and the cross ram is just icing on the cake
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:45 PM

Quote:

Not impressed. Hate those kind of videos. "Look at me and what my money bought me" 105 MPH AT THE TRACK Thats sad!!! Most likely that car only gets drove at car shows and not even sean a track.

Geez, you're never impressed, always negative though. It's his car, maybe that's all he wants to do with it. My first passes in my DartSport were in the 10.90s, eventually went 9.80s, might just need some tuning.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:48 PM

love the paint, although the 105 isn't great, I'm sure it has more in it, also as mentioned some of those turbo builds don't get moving until the 1/8...(unless it's built for 1/2 track runs)
Posted By: maxie

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 05:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Should look like this

And before someone states the obvious, I couldn't care less which one is faster, the GenII Hemi looks killer in an A-Body and the cross ram is just icing on the cake

Mine had all kinds of issues wrong with it, but we managed a 12.47@110 first time out on a brand new car. I know most all cars don't see full potential first outing. I know it isn't going to set any world records, but it is a all steel, all iron hemi with the car weighing in at 3700 pounds with me in it. Full interior, full exhaust street car
Posted By: rgreule

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 06:48 PM

im sure they will get it sorted out and make some steam with it.. i dont know whats in the shortblock but id assume they should be able to get that car to run in the 8s.. if its not a show peice that is... the lace paint is gross
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 08:03 PM

Cool car, I like the gen III Hemi, looks right at home. Before anyone poo poo's his mph in the 1/8 it's pretty obvious the car isn't tuned/turned up yet. Twin turbos + head flow of a Gen II Hemi = some pretty impressive numbers.
BTW, 105 in the 1/8 is approx 130 in the 1/4
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 08:53 PM

I like that hot rod!
It looks well built.
Posted By: Chuck West

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 08:56 PM

For a magazine project car, I'm sure it'll get sorted out.
For a 'throw-back' era car on the outside, mixed with modern day engine, trans, etc.
I'd say they did a great job and Doug should be commended!
Is or will be the most impressive project car they've done in many, many years, all things considered.

Chuck
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 11:33 PM

Being an old school guy I am not in love with the modern engine x Muscle Car combos that are so popular these days. Yes, the modern engines are awesome and better in many ways, I just don't care for the contrast in era/style, sort of like wearing a tuxedo with tennis shoes.

Kudos to them though, at least they installed a Mopar engine in it, they were contemplating an LS1 or similar which would have been just awful.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/26/14 11:33 PM

If they can't make that combo go in the 8's, me and Dizuster can. Send it here. I usually like straight color paint, but I like it. Gold wheels are good too. Does need door lock cylinders, wiper pivot plugs. The shag could be cool if done right , which it's not. It definitely needs a blue metalflake steering wheel in place of that JC Whitney woody. Old school cool.
Doug
Posted By: Chuck West

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/27/14 12:03 AM

Scott,

I see nothing wrong with a Tux and Tennis shoes!
As for your other points? Understood and respected.

Chuck
Posted By: 74yellowduster

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/27/14 01:18 AM

those gold slotted mags are awesome
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/27/14 01:51 AM

Quote:

The car that won the championship this year ran 7.1's in the 1/8th...Pretty sure that is under 100mph...Not everything is a heads up car for grudge racing. Those would be funny in a bracket race.

Years ago anything that ran in the 6's in the 1/8 was only a big block....And seeing first hand how tough turbo cars are to sort out, I don't think its all it has in it.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Now this is a BAD Hemi Demon! - 11/27/14 02:28 AM

Quote:

Years ago anything that ran in the 6's in the 1/8 was only a big block....And seeing first hand how tough turbo cars are to sort out, I don't think its all it has in it.

Tell me about it! I have 30 runs on mine and it has only made it AtoB once. And that was still never above 6000 rpm.
It took me 7 runs to find a 6.80! Then 4 more for a 5sec. pass! Then I turned it up and slowed down lol

© 2024 Moparts Forums