Moparts

Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling

Posted By: TT5 Valiant

Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/24/14 11:28 PM

I have a complete world products RB engine with B1MC heads that's I want to convert to pushrod oiling. I know that I need different pushrods and lifters. I'm going to switch to T&D paired rockers to. What needs to be done to the block?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/24/14 11:36 PM

Other than block the oil feeds to the heads .... which you probably don't really need to do ... nothing that I am aware of.
Posted By: Jerry Kathe

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/24/14 11:38 PM

Curiosity leads me to ask, assuming with your cylinder head choice this is a compitition engine only, correct? If so why would you want pushrod oiling?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/24/14 11:53 PM

Quote:

Curiosity leads me to ask, assuming with your cylinder head choice this is a compitition engine only, correct? If so why would you want pushrod oiling?

Because he is changing his rockers from a shaft mount system to paired rockers .

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/24/14 11:58 PM

I want to run a larger cam/ spring pressure and don't want to chance the Koffel's rockers that I have. I'm pretty sure the only way to oil T&D paired rockers is by the pushrods. I do not want to spray bar oil either.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/25/14 12:08 AM

Just drop the new lifters and pushrods in place and you'll have pushrod oiling. I use pushrod oiling + valve cover oiling for my 514 engine.

I have Jesel rocker arms and the pushrod cups burned up with valve cover oiling. I added pushrod oiling using Crane roller lifters and the problem went away.
Posted By: Jerry Kathe

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/25/14 12:18 AM

FWIW....I have been using T&D paired with Trend pushrods for eons.....no failures.
I depend on the rods to oil the lifters and my spray bar is used to cool the springs with the splash lubricating the rockers and pushrods.
A pushrod full of oil is going backwards in reducing component weight....its difficult to get a stable pushrod that is also desirable weight. Food for thought.

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/25/14 12:25 AM

Thanks for the info guy's! So any roller lifter that's set up for pushrod oiling? I currently have Isky red zone so I would probably get these again with the oiling option.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/25/14 12:28 AM

You will need to restrict oiling with bushings. Otherwise you will have too much oil up top. So....I would bush the lifter bores.

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/25/14 12:36 AM

Quote:

You will need to restrict oiling with bushings. Otherwise you will have too much oil up top. So....I would bush the lifter bores.

Can I restrict the oil with the pushrod hole or jet?
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/25/14 12:40 AM

most pushrod company offer restrictor ends in the pushrods..... a .030" works perfect in most combos...

Attached picture 8340922-314301_233236923398665_1627432937_n.jpg
Posted By: dvw

Re: Cast iron world RB block mods for pushrod oiling - 11/25/14 02:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Can I restrict the oil with the pushrod hole or jet?

My lifter bores are bushed, T&D paired rockers. .080" feed hole in the bushing, Two .110" holes in each tappet, pushrods were about .110". Way to much, motor would only carry about 45psi with the pump relief valve adjuster screwed all the way in. I epoxied my tappets and drilled one feed in each to .040". Worked great. I read about another way which I think might even work better. Press a roll pin in the pushrod.
Doug
© 2024 Moparts Forums