Moparts

Probe Industry Pistons, any good?

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/22/14 09:24 PM

I'm looking to make another pump gas street RB stroker motor to sell or use. I have a set of Eagle 6.800 long BB Chevy type rods and several new RPM 4.150 stroker cranks that I can have offset ground down to 2.200 rod size and 4.250 stroke. Probe has a reverse dome SRS forged shelf piston for this application at a reasonable price(cheaper than any one else I can find) that I can use to get the mechanical compression ratio where I would want it. I've never used any of there pistons so I'm wondering how good or bad are they The part number I want to use is thier part #14896-.060, any of you out there use these If so what are your thoughts about using them agian on another motor like mine All comments appreciated, even from show car guys
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/22/14 09:42 PM

Had a set some years ago in a NSS Max Wedge car a friend and I ran together, had good luck with them , I would buy another set.

Joey
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/22/14 10:49 PM

I've used them in SBC applications. No problems.
Posted By: funnycar65

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/22/14 11:42 PM

Whats thier price for pistons?
Posted By: 64Post

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/23/14 12:29 AM

The owner, Mark O’Neal, is a regular on the ‘Bullet. He seems to stand behind his products. Most people that use his pistons don’t have any complaints.
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/23/14 04:27 AM

got a set in my road runner, 440 flat top piston zero deck. havent had it apart but once and all was good then, may take it apart this winter

they was the lightest i could find at the time, which is what i wanted on a stock rod
Posted By: BBR

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/23/14 05:27 AM

Quality product at an affordable price. My last engine had a set and the new one will too. Can't wait for them to get here.
Posted By: littleVAL

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/23/14 06:55 AM

years ago I was in Lancaster and stopped by and talked with the owner. I don't know if it has changed owners over the years but back then he was a relative of ross pistons. He basically did the engineering and had Ross do the work with there blanks and equipment but to his specs
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/23/14 08:00 AM

TRUE!

Posted By: dartman366

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/25/14 03:07 AM

currently running them in my smallblock and have been in there for going on 6 seasons, nice looking piston and no problems.
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/25/14 03:56 AM

1875+ passes and counting on the sm block stroker in the Demon, with Probe pistons, and never out of the block since built.

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Probe Industry Pistons, any good? - 11/25/14 04:10 AM

Thanks to all of you who help me decide to buy them I ordered them today I had called them last week to verify some of the blueprint specs on the compression ratio and to check stock, they are not a large volume part number so it wil be 3 to 6 weeks before I get them Thanks again
© 2024 Moparts Forums