Moparts

weird carb prob.

Posted By: bonefish

weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 07:12 PM

1050 dom.8896.with the car running the secondaries wont close all the way.shut the car off and every thing snaps shut like it should.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 07:20 PM

Remove it from the intake and check the linkage underneath for loose screws Let us know what you find
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 07:23 PM

Quote:

1050 dom.8896.with the car running the secondaries wont close all the way.shut the car off and every thing snaps shut like it should.

Also, hold the carb up to a light and check the throttle butterflies for evenness in the venturies and loosten the screws and get em as even as possible then red locktite and you`re golden.

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 08:06 PM

well its workin great now.all I did was take it apart and check everything that was suggested.it all checked out good.but I did notice that my rear pumpshot adjustment was extra loose.so I tightened that up so there was a very slight gap and it works perfect.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 08:09 PM

There is an adjustment for the secondary plates.

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 08:15 PM

Quote:

well its workin great now.all I did was take it apart and check everything that was suggested.it all checked out good.but I did notice that my rear pumpshot adjustment was extra loose.so I tightened that up so there was a very slight gap and it works perfect.

Normally zero gap unless you`re trying to delay/lean shot.

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 08:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Normally zero gap unless you`re trying to delay/lean shot. that's actually why I had it loose but I guess there is a limit.but it worked great for awhile.theoretically you should be able to run a gap for a delayed shot.i still don't know why it was acting like that. but it will prob happen again when I somewhere where it will embarass me.

Posted By: 1320Dart

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 08:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Why would you try to purposely create that situation?(trying to delay/lean shot)

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 09:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why would you try to purposely create that situation?(trying to delay/lean shot)

Some I know and study go to great lengths to "fine tune" every inch and that means sometimes slowing down or delaying shot based on fuel curve data.........

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 10:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some I know and study go to great lengths to "fine tune" every inch and that means sometimes slowing down or delaying shot based on fuel curve data.........

that's exacly what I was trying to do.

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/20/14 10:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's exacly what I was trying to do.

VERY doable yet VERY time consuming..............
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/21/14 12:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've seen a bunch of stock Holley Dominators as well as other D.P. come from Holley maladjusted like that Another one of the checks you need to perform beofre using any of them

Re: weird carb prob. - 11/21/14 01:20 AM

Another trick great for footbrake racers is to use a smaller secondary squirter if it`s too rich when nailed..........I`m messin w/that now on my junk.
© 2024 Moparts Forums