Moparts

Arias Hemi-Chevy

Posted By: mac56

Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/03/14 09:43 PM

Does anyone have personal knowledge of this set up for the 8.3 not the 10.liter . Did it work and how much maintenance was involved.
Thanks
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/03/14 10:16 PM

Watchoo talkin' 'bout?

The Arias Hemi is for Chevrolet big blocks and was in production, then out, now I think back in.

Has nothing to do with Mopar except design is close.

R.
Posted By: MattW

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/03/14 10:41 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have personal knowledge of this set up for the 8.3 not the 10.liter . Did it work and how much maintenance was involved.
Thanks

Saw that today too. Not a bad price. Good luck, hope it works out

Matt
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/04/14 05:16 AM

Thier where several different version of all the Arias Chevy Hemi before Fontana bought them out, correct ? The last one I saw was at Performance Machine in Montclair, CA. years ago, it was out of a blown alcholol dragster or funny car, can't remeber which now The block was broken(split open in the center betwen the cylinder banks) bad enough they where not going to fix it Who owns and makes them now?

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/04/14 01:37 PM

Not sure who owns the rights now Cab. I guy up here has one of the older 3 pushrod setups. Not clear what that is about though. Anything I have found doesn't explain it well.
Posted By: JC Childress

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/04/14 05:13 PM

We have one of the 10.0 liter ones here for one of our customers. He runs it in a Pro Mod style Corvette with a F3 139mm Pro Charger. Craziest looking valvetrain I ever looked at.
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/04/14 07:53 PM

Quote:

We have one of the 10.0 liter ones here for one of our customers. He runs it in a Pro Mod style Corvette with a F3 139mm Pro Charger. Craziest looking valvetrain I ever looked at.

Pics please?
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/04/14 08:53 PM

Quote:

Not sure who owns the rights now Cab. I guy up here has one of the older 3 pushrod setups. Not clear what that is about though. Anything I have found doesn't explain it well.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post8300210

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/04/14 10:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Joel A picture is worth a thousand words. I understand they had trouble keeping the short pushrod in place.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/05/14 03:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Joel A picture is worth a thousand words. I understand they had trouble keeping the short pushrod in place.

On any Chevy with a blower on it you will have hard time keeping anything in place for very long
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/06/14 06:11 AM

Here's a photo of an Arias.

Attached picture 8322924-ARIESHEMI.jpg
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/06/14 06:42 PM

Arias' Website has some interesting stuff, like his four-cylinder block that is adaptable to many different cylinder heads. Wonder if he's thinking about one using a GIII Hemi head.

A 500hp turbo four would surprise a lot of people, wouldn't it?

Not saying it hasn't been done before, but with a proper block it'd last forever and sure push a smaller car to some really quick times.

R.
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Arias Hemi-Chevy - 11/06/14 10:06 PM

I have crewed some on this car, Procharged Arias, 63 Corvette

Attached picture 8323367-2014-05-09_15-20-41_718.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums