Moparts

VHT HEADER PAINT

Posted By: mosweethemi

VHT HEADER PAINT - 10/23/14 06:53 AM

HELLO IS VHT HEADER PAINT ANY GOOD ? I HAVE A NEW SET OF TTI HEADER THAT OR CHROME .BUT AFTER START UP AND RUN I NO THEY ARE GOING TO TURN BLUE . ANY HELP ON THIS PLEASE . THANKS MOPARTS
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: VHT HEADER PAINT - 10/23/14 01:09 PM

it works well, but not sure how well it would work on chrome. You might be stuck or you might have to send them out and be jet coated. The chrome isn't going to hold the paint that well.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: VHT HEADER PAINT - 10/23/14 01:11 PM

Quote:

it works well, but not sure how well it would work on chrome. You might be stuck or you might have to send them out and be jet coated. The chrome isn't going to hold the paint that well.

Posted By: SpareParts

Re: VHT HEADER PAINT - 10/23/14 01:53 PM

I don't know about sticking to chrome but charcoal grill high temp paint works just as good.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: VHT HEADER PAINT - 10/23/14 02:00 PM

My old headers I used VHT paint on. Held up well but would have to repainted every year. I don't think it will stick to chrome.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: VHT HEADER PAINT - 10/23/14 02:27 PM

I've never seen a set of chrome headers that didn't turn blue from the heat...just how it is. I don't think it looks that bad when they turn blue...not worth having the chrome stripped off and then recoated. At least not unless it starts flaking off and rusting.
© 2024 Moparts Forums