Moparts

front suspension

Posted By: kingdust

front suspension - 10/23/14 05:12 AM

does anybody make a tubular k frame for torsion bars anymore? seems you can only get one with coil overs. thanks MARK
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: front suspension - 10/23/14 05:25 AM

QA1
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: front suspension - 10/23/14 01:40 PM

Beware of poor fit.

Re: front suspension - 10/28/14 03:55 AM

Quote:

Beware of poor fit.

poor fit from the qa1? I know I had a few friends with the magnum force early stuff that didn't fit good. I think that's corrected now. I want to run stock susp. classes so not sure if the coil overs would kill that.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: front suspension - 10/28/14 04:00 AM

Mark, I have seen some highly modded stock K's
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: front suspension - 10/28/14 04:05 AM

Usually coilovers are okay as long as they tie into the stock mounting points. Check the rules to be sure.

Most of them equate to the 4 K member bolts still mount the K, the UCA uses the stock mounting points, and the shock mounts to the stock point on the body which will need to be braced to support the weight of the car.
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: front suspension - 10/28/14 04:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Beware of poor fit.

poor fit from the qa1? I know I had a few friends with the magnum force early stuff that didn't fit good. I think that's corrected now. I want to run stock susp. classes so not sure if the coil overs would kill that.

No doesn't effect it. Your shock is in stock location along with both of your control arms.

Re: front suspension - 10/28/14 04:15 AM

Quote:

Mark, I have seen some highly modded stock K's

hey al whats up? yea mine is modded already and I have another completely stock one that I might modify. the one I have in the car is the original one and its beat up pretty bad. the front frame rail was bent way back in the mid 80s and I had willy hasik straiten out and align it but he also welded the k frame to the rail on the pass side front. so I want to fix all that mess.

Re: front suspension - 10/28/14 04:20 AM

Quote:

Usually coilovers are okay as long as they tie into the stock mounting points. Check the rules to be sure.

Most of them equate to the 4 K member bolts still mount the K, the UCA uses the stock mounting points, and the shock mounts to the stock point on the body which will need to be braced to support the weight of the car.

ok well that makes sense. makes my decision a little more easy. thanks.MARK

Re: front suspension - 10/28/14 04:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Beware of poor fit.

No doesn't effect it. Your shock is in stock location along with both of your control arms.

thanks for the info. it will be more money but better in the long run. so as long as everything is at its stock locating points its good to go! thanks MARK
© 2024 Moparts Forums