Moparts

indy maxx or world products?

Posted By: 9secondsatellite

indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 04:51 AM

anyone have a preference between the 2? who would you recommend getting 1 from with machine work?
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 05:04 AM

1 what?
If you are asking about Hemi blocks, I would look at HP Performance blocks in Knoxville, TN. Best quality I have seen on any of the aluminum blocks and has some nice secret modifications to it as well.
Jerry
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 05:07 AM

Quote:

1 what?
If you are asking about Hemi blocks, I would look at HP Performance blocks in Knoxville, TN. Best quality I have seen on any of the aluminum blocks and has some nice secret modifications to it as well.
Jerry

And they don't have any and won't for awhile.
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 05:52 AM

have both here, like the indy better, alum to alum.

Attached picture 8307037-securedownload(22).jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 05:58 AM

And I went with World. Either way you decide to go DO NOT get it finished machine. IMO there I s no such thing. I would prefer to get one blank with no lifter holes even. But it depends on your application but certainly do not go with a "finished" machined piece.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 06:37 AM

Quote:

And I went with World. Either way you decide to go DO NOT get it finished machine. IMO there I s no such thing. I would prefer to get one blank with no lifter holes even. But it depends on your application but certainly do not go with a "finished" machined piece.

I always questioned the "Finished honed" to so and so spec.............? As I learned, you measure pistons then final hone to size cos a matched set can still be out of wack from biggest to smallest plus who`s gonna grind on a piston to make it fit.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 03:57 PM

I personally think the Indy block is a stronger piece. Compare the valley and main web area on them both and you will see what I mean.
Posted By: supercomp

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 04:44 PM

Quote:

I thought you used aHP block on your predator.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 05:01 PM

I bought the World block. So far I am satisfied with it.
We are Not near the HP levels of some here though.

Mark

Attached picture 8307350-August2013Hemi&Misc021-Copy.JPG

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 06:47 PM

Nope I do have an HP block sitting in Colorado I have not even picked up yet though.

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 07:09 PM

thanks for the input guys. sorry, i should have specified rb block. i'm in alaska so machine work is somewhat limited. i could have whoever i get the block from also provide the pistons so they can do the finish on the bores and the lifter boss.if i wanted to go this route and use the indy block, who would be a good choice for this?
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 08:59 PM

I would contact Todd Marsh.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 09:06 PM

I have one of their engines, I'm still trying to deal with the sub standard workmanship, and parts they use.
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/21/14 10:36 PM

Quote:

I have one of their engines, I'm still trying to deal with the sub standard workmanship, and parts they use.

Build enough engines. .........and
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 06:25 AM

And what?
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 04:52 PM

Hands down the INDY Maxx Aluminum Block and like someone else said you can not go wrong with Todd Marsh and would not be afraid to use others on the board that's a full time business.
Another thing that might come into play is who now has the blocks in stock,it matters not so much as who's is best if you can not get it!

PS I have owned 7-8 Indy Maxx blocks both RB & LD and have never had but one problem out of any of them.And that was when #5 rod broke & took out #6 rod also at 7400 RPM... long story short it had holes in both sides of the block.A fellow Moparts member told me of a place in Atlanta and they repaired it to where if you did not know where to look at it you could not tell it had been repaired.It also had to have 3 sleeves put in it from the damage,but it was once again in like new condition.Try doing that with a cast block.
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 06:05 PM

Never had an Indy block so no input there.

Two world blocks though. The first one came with the cylinder liners not pressed in fully. When I talked to Bill Mitchell he said the heat and torque from the head would seat them. Amazingly, that actually happened.

The second one came with the lifter bushings pressed in at random heights. Also, about half of them were not indexed correctly for the oil holes to line up with the holes in the lifter body so no oil made it to the top of the pushrods. We didn't catch that until the motor was together and was galling about half of the roller rocker tips.

I now have to file the lifter oil holes oblong before using them.

Not bashing World, just not very good "finish" work.

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 06:11 PM

Well my lifter bushings ended up getting replaced as we went with Jesel keyways. Never actually checked the ones that it came with as we were not ever going to use them. Took awhile to get them from Jesel but now we can starting doing some grinding and screening to get the valley ready to go.

Attached picture 8308389-10703575_10204431924776765_4661747295196582162_n.jpg
Posted By: 1320Dart

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 06:17 PM

Quote:

Well my lifter bushings ended up getting replaced as we went with Jesel keyways. Never actually checked the ones that it came with as we were not ever going to use them. Took awhile to get them from Jesel but now we can starting doing some grinding and screening to get the valley ready to go.

Hi Al!
A real dumb question here I'm sure. What are the access plugs in the lifter valley for?
Posted By: boatracer572

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 06:22 PM

Quote:

Those bushings look simular to the ones I had Che make for me...

Attached picture 8308399-image.jpg

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 06:31 PM

Not exactly what you asked but....
KB block. I did the big NO NO here. I had them finish hone it to size. So far everything seems to be right there.

Attached picture 8308406-Bothblockpics.png

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 06:52 PM

I think they are left over core plugs from the casting process is all..Suppose they could be used for cleaning purposes?!?

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 07:13 PM

thanks for the input guys. the indy block is where i have been leaning. this may sound like a dumb question but how do i get in touch with Todd Marsh and where does he work?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 07:15 PM

Quote:

thanks for the input guys. the indy block is where i have been leaning. this may sound like a dumb question but how do i get in touch with Todd Marsh and where does he work?

http://www.mopartsracing.com/

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 08:08 PM

thanks for the help guys. just got off the phone with Todd. nice guy and it looks like we are going forward with this.

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 08:13 PM

Sweet!! Good to hear!
Posted By: Sammy

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/22/14 09:11 PM

Quote:

thanks for the help guys. just got off the phone with Todd. nice guy and it looks like we are going forward with this.

Todd Marsh is sasquatch on moparts. He's the only guy to go to for all your needs. Best guy and the best prices hands down. He get's all my business.
Posted By: Tig

Re: indy maxx or world products? - 10/23/14 09:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Todd Marsh is sasquatch on moparts. He's the only guy to go to for all your needs. Best guy and the best prices hands down. He get's all my business.

Todd did the build of our 655, there where definitely a few "issues" but Todd put them right.
© 2024 Moparts Forums