Moparts

Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results

Posted By: mopar rookie

Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 01:55 AM

I just got home with my 500 ci maxwedge. RPM heads and A&A intake. Built by Badman Racing Engines in Wakeman Ohio. Here are the results. 527hp 600trq @5300. I tried to post a video but must be to big. But here is the sheet.

Attached picture 8303737-025.JPG

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 02:33 AM

I am pretty happy with the results. Out of the box heads and as cast intake. This is a hydraulic roller with Hughes roller rockers
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 02:37 AM

Man that's a stump-puller! But why stop at 5300? There is more there.
Posted By: ademon

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 02:38 AM

You only spin it to 5,300?

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 02:48 AM

Yeah there is more there. He was trying to get the carbs leaned up and it was getting late in the day. It was more of a oversight than anything I believe. I was just a spectator more than anything lol
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 02:56 AM

Are they out of the box RPM heads that are max wedge? If so where can you get them?
Posted By: GY3

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 02:57 AM

Very nice.

Do you mind sharing the cam specs.?

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 03:29 AM

The heads are just the RPM performer not max wedge. I didn't get the cam card but I will share the info when I do. On the first pulls the horsepower was falling off @5000 because the carbs were way to fat. Had to buy 2 kits to lean down both carbs. The carbs are leaned down as far as the kits would let us go and it's still a little fat.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 03:33 AM

Quote:

The heads are just the RPM performer not max wedge. I didn't get the cam card but I will share the info when I do. On the first pulls the horsepower was falling off @5000 because the carbs were way to fat. Had to buy 2 kits to lean down both carbs. The carbs are leaned down as far as the kits would let us go and it's still a little fat.

What carbs?
Posted By: GTS340

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 03:36 AM

Quote:

Does the intake have max wedge openings and mated to a standard port head?

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 04:07 AM

Edelbrock carbs 500cfm. Intake and heads are standard 440 size ports
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 04:43 AM

Quote:

Edelbrock carbs 500cfm. Intake and heads are standard 440 size ports

So it is a 440 stroker with unported Eddy RPM heads and a 440 port size A&A crossram, correct?

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 04:47 AM

Yes that's correct
Posted By: topbrent

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 05:32 AM

What cam?
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 05:36 AM

was there any O2 sensors hook up? also, just a note, it's October

Joe
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 03:03 PM

A/F ratio at 5.3:1? V.E. 50%? Were the choke plates wired shut?!?!

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 07:49 PM

I thought so, I wish you had posted on here before buying your parts. The reason being the heads, intake and carb. sizes dictate what power the short block will be able to produce Stock 440 Mopars are head limited, the heads don't flow enough air to make much more power than you did I have made as much power as you did with ported big valve iron 906 heads, much more power than that with better heads I'm going to try to attach a dyno sheet from my most recent dyno tets, this is not a good result This test had lots of problems, mostly fuel and ignition related, I think I'm going to pull the motor down to inspect it due to the poor results, the last motor I built with similar parts made a lot more power on a different dyno BTW, leaning down the air fuel ratio can make a bunch of differences on the power, maybe as much as 50 to 125 HP No kidding The first 426 M.W. (real M.W. heads and intake )motor that I built and dyno tetsed made similar power on CA pump gas as yours did Adding cam timing and carb. and ignition tuning made more power

Attached picture 8304395-scan0001.jpg

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 07:58 PM

Hey Cab, send me your metering blocks and I`ll clean up the low speed/cruise and maximize the wfo.............
Posted By: Belvedere2

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 09:38 PM

Quote:

I thought so, I wish you had posted on here before buying your parts. The reason being the heads, intake and carb. sizes dictate what power the short block will be able to produce Stock 440 Mopars are head limited, the heads don't flow enough air to make much more power than you did I have made as much power as you did with ported big valve iron 906 heads, much more power than that with better heads I'm going to try to attach a dyno sheet from my most recent dyno tets, this is not a good result This test had lots of problems, mostly fuel and ignition related, I think I'm going to pull the motor down to inspect it due to the poor results, the last motor I built with similar parts made a lot more power on a different dyno BTW, leaning down the air fuel ratio can make a bunch of differences on the power, maybe as much as 50 to 125 HP No kidding The first 426 M.W. (real M.W. heads and intake )motor that I built and dyno tetsed made similar power on CA pump gas as yours did Adding cam timing and carb. and ignition tuning made more power

His looks like my 380 but down in HP. I'll give em the torque number though. Mines only 490ftlbs.
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/18/14 10:56 PM

was there only one air turbine on the engine? because that would account for some of your strange numbers.

Joe
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/19/14 12:23 AM

Quote:

Hey Cab, send me your metering blocks and I`ll clean up the low speed/cruise and maximize the wfo.............

I have some you can work on??? lol

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/19/14 01:12 AM

Let`s do it man..............
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/19/14 01:40 AM

Quote:

i don't want to mess up the op post so i will send you a pm latter tonight.thanks Mopar65
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/19/14 01:42 AM

Lots of HP in getting the carbs jetted correctly with a factory crossram.

conventional thinking on jetting gets thrown out the door with a factory crossram

Attached picture 8304749-Moparnats.jpg

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/19/14 04:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

i don't want to mess up the op post so i will send you a pm latter tonight.thanks Mopar65

You`re right...........not cool.

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/19/14 05:37 AM

Quote:

Lots of HP in getting the carbs jetted correctly with a factory crossram.

conventional thinking on jetting gets thrown out the door with a factory crossram

Both of my M.W. cars like different jetting, one had the 3447s and the other had the bigger 3705s, totally different jetting on both with stock M.W. intakes

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/19/14 05:31 PM

I knew I was sacrificing HP with the stock port intake but that was the look I wanted for my car. I,m gonna kill it more with the stock ramhorn exhaust manifolds as well. I am going to use the exhaust with the dumps like the factory did. There is more tuning to be done for sure.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Fresh off the dyno!! My Max Wedge results - 10/19/14 08:02 PM

If you do some searching on the internet there is a build where they dynoed a max wedge build with the small port a&a intake. They dynoed it with headers and manifolds. Headers increased hp like 12-15 and they moved the torque peak down about 1000 rpm. Torque numbers were real close the peak just came 1000 rpm higher with the manifolds. Wondering what your cam specs look like. Looks like that monster will pull a 3.23 - 3.55 gear and still be awesome on the street and strip.
© 2024 Moparts Forums