Moparts

One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever

Posted By: SRT6776

One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/05/14 06:38 AM

In my opinion..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQjnnlFR344&list=UUrZYtEiBIuCHc-FFcOGtNXw

Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/05/14 08:19 AM

This is shag nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't want to look over and see that beast.

-Daty
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/05/14 02:17 PM

I was expecting to see a pic of my car but thats not bad either
Posted By: moparjoe360.4

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/05/14 02:55 PM

Loose the slow tie hood and it'd be better.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/05/14 04:50 PM

Slow tie
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/05/14 05:06 PM

that one is nice, but this is my favorite. Even cooler now w/ a Supercharger... cowl hood and all.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/vi...=piv-image&
Posted By: SSDAcuda

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/05/14 05:36 PM

Nice Cuda!! Maybe a little bit lower of a cowl hood but still

I did think it was going to be a bunch faster with the big wing on the back.

Any engine pics???
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 01:36 AM

Quote:

That car is really sleek and smooth looking. So let me ask you.....do you REALLY think it would LOOK better with a 6 pack scoop, or you say that just because you think it SHOULD have one.........LOL!!!

Monte
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 01:48 AM

Allways my favorite since day one but i personaly would use some other scoop(blower sticking out the hood)
Posted By: WyleECoyote

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 01:50 AM

Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 02:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That car is really sleek and smooth looking. So let me ask you.....do you REALLY think it would LOOK better with a 6 pack scoop, or you say that just because you think it SHOULD have one.........LOL!!!

Monte

right. six pack scoops look good on 69.5 cars and that's about it. On an E-body I guess he could have done some short of shaker, although it wouldn't be as functional and that's about it. Judging by the height of the cowl I'm guessing he needed a few extra inches. Cowl hoods look good on just about everything. You guys think the Furd guys laught at Mopar for copying the shaker?
Posted By: Twostick

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 02:39 AM

Not even close.

Without a doubt Al Alguire's Barracuda.

Kevin

Attached picture 8291945-al'scuda.jpg
Posted By: 383man

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 02:46 AM

Myself I usually feel if I dont really like or care for something I just try to keep my mouth shut as thats what my ma told me. That said the 71 Cuda is my favorite E-body. Myself I am not a fan of cowl hoods but I also understand the airodynamics (spelling ?) for a race car that fast and I know the 6pk scoop would not work to well on it or I would guess at the speed it should run the 6pk scoop may not work good on it ? I like the 6pk scoop on it as I like it on many Mopars and thats because I like the Nostalgic look on my muscle cars. If it was mine I would most likely be trying to make a shaker looking hood for it. But I dont want to knock it as its not my favorite Mopar or the best looking Mopar ever to me but its a fast Mopar that does look sharp and that I do like. I have just never liked the looks of the cowls on most Mopars but thats just my personal preferance because I usually like the factory type scoops on our Mopars. But as I said I dont want to knock it as its a nice looking fast Mopar which I like alot. Ron
Posted By: GY3

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 02:52 AM

Anything Al Alguire has owned or dvw's ride are cooler IMO.

I've owned a '71 Cuda and, while one of the sexier musclecars, ain't my bag, baby.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 02:59 AM

Judging by how tall that cowl is, it is likely full of carburetors and I suspect it was cowl hood or no hood.

Kevin
Posted By: tubtar

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 03:04 AM

Quote:

Are we 12 ?
Yes , I have a cowl hood on my heap.......I even call it a Chevy hood in jest.
But if this is a hang up for anyone because they are popular on another brand , I'd suggest putting down the crayon and asking Mommy for a cookie.
That is one mean looking Cuda.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 03:27 AM

That is bad azz
Posted By: 72Swinger

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 04:16 AM

This one is pretty bada$$
http://www.dragracingonline.com/pmachine/images/uploads/Roy_Vettel_PM.jpg
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 07:46 AM

Wow, I should have gone to Byron today. What are the details on the car?
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 08:03 AM

I think this is a 62 Plymouth, and he makes a
cowl hood look good.

Attached picture 8292179-mqdefault[7].jpg
Posted By: Project kickin A

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 12:26 PM

Im just so over it with belly button scoops
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 12:43 PM

<--- likes cowl hoods. Doesn't care what they originally came on.
Posted By: Project kickin A

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 01:02 PM

like belly buttons.... every one has one. hell even I had one back 07
Posted By: littleVAL

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 02:53 PM

that 63 valiant is nice I bet it has fiberglass fenders though because they are 64-65 style
Posted By: racerx

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 03:29 PM

I likie not into the promod stuff i'm cool on the cowl hood as long as it has the factory body lines it's cool with me.
Posted By: JCCuda

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 03:41 PM

Beautiful Cuda! I myself am not a big fan of the scoop or the wing but it's not my car and it still looks B.A..

Attached picture 8292284-acudalanesatRP.jpg
Posted By: blowndart

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 04:39 PM

Love that car. Is that dark window tint allowed on a drag car? I thought there was a rule against that.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 05:07 PM

and i thought this thread was about my car.....

Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 05:10 PM

Pretty dang cool. Wonder if it runs as good as it looks.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 05:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Are we 12 ?
Yes , I have a cowl hood on my heap.......I even call it a Chevy hood in jest.
But if this is a hang up for anyone because they are popular on another brand , I'd suggest putting down the crayon and asking Mommy for a cookie.
That is one mean looking Cuda.

to me it has nothing to do with where they came from, pretty obvious they are old jon boats cut down flipped over and bolted to a hood. they are butt ugly any way you look at them
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 05:40 PM

Quote:

that 63 valiant is nice I bet it has fiberglass fenders though because they are 64-65 style

Yes your right, its a 63. Some very cool stuff
on you-tube about this car. Yes one of the best!!

Attached picture 8292398-mqdefault[7].jpg
Posted By: dragram440

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 10:51 PM

I really like all these cars. Al's is pretty bad ride. Im not a fan of cowl hoods on Mopars but sometimes there just isnt anything better. I think it would look good also if that billboard was satin black.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/06/14 11:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

look better with out a doubt, i have nothing against original chevy cowl hoods they looked great in stock form on chevells etc. but when you get to 4-5-6" aftermarket they are butt ugly on any car
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 01:06 AM

Quote:

That car is up there for sure Bob - hope all is well!

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 02:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

look better with out a doubt, i have nothing against original chevy cowl hoods they looked great in stock form on chevells etc. but when you get to 4-5-6" aftermarket they are butt ugly on any car

.......LOL!!........ok, you say a cowl looks like an upside down john boat and I think a six pack scoop looks like a boot box with a couple holes hacked in the side............so I guess we will agree to disagree..........LOL!!!

Monte
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 02:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

The hood is ugly period. Looks like they (the hood and the car)were not deigned to work together from the get go. I am not above using chevy or ford parts on my car but that just don't work. Probably is faster with that than a 6 pack scoop and I would hope that is the reason for using it
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 02:37 AM

Quote:

This one looks a heck of a lot better, still not by favorite but a ton better execution than that cuda

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 02:50 AM

Well, as somebody else said, it probably has a scoop full of carbs..........so your choices are limited. Cowl, pro-stock, or no scoop and let the carbs hang out, with maybe a lexan scoop. ALL this is personal opinion and doesn't really matter anyway, but myself have never been a huge fan of pro stock scoops on small tire cars.

I don't really like most factory scoops either, as they mostly, especially the Mopar stuff, looks like an after thought that was just stuck on there to cover the hole. The exception would be a Shaker. Now while Shakers do look ok, as with most other factory scoops, they don't work well because of the boundary layer bleed off............In English.....LOL!!!......they are all too low and don't draw clean air. At least a properly proportioned and length cowl works

Monte
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 03:04 AM

Quote:

Well, as somebody else said, it probably has a scoop full of carbs..........so your choices are limited. Cowl, pro-stock, or no scoop and let the carbs hang out, with maybe a lexan scoop. ALL this is personal opinion and doesn't really matter anyway, but myself have never been a huge fan of pro stock scoops on small tire cars.

I don't really like most factory scoops either, as they mostly, especially the Mopar stuff, looks like an after thought that was just stuck on there to cover the hole. The exception would be a Shaker. Now while Shakers do look ok, as with most other factory scoops, they don't work well because of the boundary layer bleed off............In English.....LOL!!!......they are all too low and don't draw clean air. At least a properly proportioned and length cowl works

Monte

This.
Looking at that car, i'm 100% sure he didn't put that hood on the car because of how it LOOKS. it was put on because it WORKS.
Looks way better than it would with pro stock scoop, or can you imagine, a 8 inch shaker or sic pac scoop? How Crappy that would look, and even work worse.
Posted By: tonys68dart

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 06:07 AM

I love the factory look. I just added the wing, and this winter I will be adding remote mirrors. I don't mind the extra weight. Here is a link to my best run to date, 9.81@136.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jso0NFVaA8Y

Attached picture 8293066-image.jpg
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 06:42 AM

Quote:

I love the factory look. I just added the wing, and this winter I will be adding remote mirrors. I don't mind the extra weight. Here is a link to my best run to date, [Email]9.81@136.[/Email]
]

hmmm somebody using a I phone?
Posted By: tonys68dart

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 07:30 AM

The wife!
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 07:39 AM

Quote:

Unless my eyes were wrong it looked like an 8.4X in the video. I think it's an NA Hemi. Pretty sure he's with the Midwest Super Stock Mafia
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 07:43 AM

my only gripe about the cowl scoop is that it been done to death. I didn't know what else to do!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 02:33 PM

That's a good looking car! Runs good too!
Posted By: racerx

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 02:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Unless my eyes were wrong it looked like an 8.4X in the video. I think it's an NA Hemi. Pretty sure he's with the Midwest Super Stock Mafia

Looks like a 8.96 in the video
Posted By: mshred

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/07/14 11:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Seen pictures of the car on FB before, and I remember seeing a nitrous system on the engine...Not sure if he is using it or not though in that vid
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/08/14 02:56 PM

Just did some google research on the car ....528" Ray Barton hemi built for the street. Flat tappet cam, single dominator, 800 hp on motor, etc. Looks like it has 2 stages on it...a plate and a fogger. 727 trans, 10" tires, 4.10 Dana w/ ladder bars. VERY nice car.
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/08/14 04:38 PM

That's Aaron Stauber's car. He runs with us in the Midwest Superstock Mafia.He's out of Wisconsin.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/08/14 05:10 PM

Hate the hood, ruins the whole look for me.
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/08/14 08:00 PM

My old 64 Plymouth after I sold it.

Attached picture 8294584-ShockTreatmentinGarage_lowres.jpg

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/08/14 08:01 PM

It ran well too.

Attached picture 8294585-Shock_Treatment_NightDrags.jpg
Posted By: MadMopars

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/08/14 08:18 PM

Quote:

That car was featured in a magazine awhile back correct? The paint job really stood out on that thing. Is it still around?

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/08/14 09:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That car was featured in a magazine awhile back correct? The paint job really stood out on that thing. Is it still around?

Yes,It was on the cover of Mopar Action. I have no idea where it is now.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/09/14 12:31 AM

Rich I believe it is still in AZ. Phil sold it to a local guy there, I believe in Tucson. Was A cool old Mopar for sure
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/09/14 01:38 AM

This one

Timeless..............
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/09/14 02:42 AM

Quote:

This one

Timeless..............

Now that is a HOODSCOOP!

An old pizza box slapped on a flat hood. Works every time! But hey, I'm partial..........
Beep
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/09/14 04:32 PM

Here's a video of the cuda when we were at Martin,MI. He's in the third pair of cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04hBeCEQ_0#t=51
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: One of the best looking Mopar drag cars ever - 10/09/14 06:27 PM

Oh thanks... now my neck hurts from trying to look at that upside down picture. You did that on purpose???
© 2024 Moparts Forums