Moparts

Hood pins, what hood pins?

Posted By: Dragula

Hood pins, what hood pins? - 09/29/14 01:59 AM

Duhhh......The ones that hold the hood on!!!!! Yeah those hood pins....

Went down the return road, and the hood blew off, but not before comming part way thu the leaxan wind shield.

Well, I think I need a new hood for the Duster, and definetly a new lexan windshield and probably an hour or two to straighten the hinges....I didn't take pics of the carnage, was too embarressed.

Pulled the wind shield out and I guess I am done until I get a hood on the car or get the Cuda running right. It actually looks repairable, but I wanted a 6-pak forward facing scoop for next season anyways...

Sucks...
Posted By: radar

Re: Hood pins, what hood pins? - 09/29/14 02:48 AM

My buddy decided to floor it on a long straight stretch coming home from a car show in his night rider chevy with baby 144 blower. When his hood let go he said it must have gone a mile straight up and flipped/flew all over before landing on the grass next to the road

In yours and his case- glad nobody was hurt
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Hood pins, what hood pins? - 09/29/14 06:01 AM

Took my car to work in the spring to align it. Drove it out of the shop to my trailer. Turned the corner..... wind came up..... and up and over the car it went..... My old car didn't have such nonsense. Another learning experience.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Hood pins, what hood pins? - 09/29/14 06:47 AM

Welcome to the club, mine happened at Bakersfeld in 1988 or so, 4th round and I lost Dang them hood pins when your in a hurry, I had three of the eight in, not the other five
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Hood pins, what hood pins? - 09/29/14 05:03 PM

Hood on mine ever came off I would probably pick up 2 tenths.

Attached picture 8284666-vegasstaging.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums