Moparts

Mini Starter ??

Posted By: okie

Mini Starter ?? - 09/25/14 07:02 PM

If I decide to put a mini starter on my 70 383 RoadRunner which one will work with out a lot of grinding? I looked at a 95 Dakota V-8 starter and it looked like it would work. What has every one used on thiers ?
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/25/14 07:20 PM

I use 1997 Dakota same as 95. Mine is a Big Block no grinding necessary.
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/25/14 07:52 PM

tech archive has the best article on it right here

There is a picture of the grinding required, it is so very little that it could be done with a file if you needed to.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/25/14 07:56 PM

All I've ever done was remove the plastic wire connector extension piece. Never had to do any grinding...this is w/ the MP mini starters...same as the late model V8 truck starters.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/25/14 08:01 PM

Quote:

All I've ever done was remove the plastic wire connector extension piece. Never had to do any grinding...this is w/ the MP mini starters...same as the late model V8 truck starters.

Same here.................
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/25/14 11:45 PM

I've only had issues on low deck's, never on a RB
Posted By: forphorty

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/26/14 01:00 AM

Had to grind a little on a 400.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/26/14 02:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Same here.................

Me too. Or in this case, me three...low deck or RB. remove the plastic thingy.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/26/14 02:42 AM

do these starters sound better than the old school big ones? you know that crappy sound the old ones make?
Posted By: forphorty

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/26/14 04:51 AM

Quote:

do these starters sound better than the old school big ones? you know that crappy sound the old ones make?

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/26/14 05:01 AM

Quote:

Yes they sound just like a GM or ford starter...
thats the only starter I have used in 15+ years
Posted By: okie

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/26/14 01:21 PM

So on my 383 I can figure on doing some grinding, I'm going to pick one up at O"Rielly's 65 for starter and 35 core charge
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: Mini Starter ?? - 09/26/14 01:30 PM

Quote:

I always liked the distinct sound that those starters had. You always knew it was a mopar starting, didn't have to look. Guess I'm showing my age.
© 2024 Moparts Forums