Moparts

Dana 60 fit

Posted By: MikeyT

Dana 60 fit - 09/11/14 11:01 PM

Hi all

Would a Dana 60 from a 69 charger fit under a 72 road runner with out much issue? Would their be much modification needed?
Thanks

Mikey
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Dana 60 fit - 09/11/14 11:09 PM

3" narrower than a 71-74 rear

Perches are also ~3" narrower.

It's not a drop in. Could the perches be moved out 1.5" on each side? Don't know if they can move that far without getting into the housing ends.

Wheels would need less offset.
Posted By: Mopar-Al

Re: Dana 60 fit - 09/12/14 12:23 AM

DoctorDiff ‘71-’74 B-body 1 1/4" offset spring hanger/shackle kit for standard springs $185

This kit may help give him a call. It moves your stock springs in
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Dana 60 fit - 09/12/14 05:13 AM

Quote:

It's not a drop in. Could the perches be moved out 1.5" on each side? Don't know if they can move that far without getting into the housing ends.

So you are saying I am three inches to long? What else is new... pfft Girls say that to me all the time!

Mikey
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Dana 60 fit - 09/13/14 01:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

So you are saying I am three inches to long? What else is new... pfft Girls say that to me all the time!

Mikey

I know them girls, they lie to you all the time To me too Op, as far as the longer 1971/72 B body Dana 60 there the same width as all The E body Dana 60. So that means it will work if your willing to make it work
Posted By: Curt

Re: Dana 60 fit - 09/13/14 02:10 AM

Been years so... Put a dana 60 from a 69 body under my challenger (73) i used offset front hangers for A-bodies. I made rear rails and used straight hangers for the back. My understanding is the offset front hangers and offset rear hangers is all that is needed...that and perhaps slight grinding of the locating hole in the perches. I made sure my rear leafs were parallel for reduced rear roll steer, used the stock perches in stock location.....really cant remember if I did anything to the perches at all.... Allowed 15x10's with 295's with no clearance issues
Curt
© 2024 Moparts Forums