Moparts

440 source sheet metal valve covers

Posted By: n20mstr

440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/07/14 02:17 AM

Any good ?

Price is right
Posted By: ProSport

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/07/14 03:31 AM

I've used these, same thing only cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Chrysler-B...57c&vxp=mtr
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/07/14 05:34 AM

Quote:

Any good ?

Price is right

Lots of grinding and beating the rail to clear pushtubes and rockers on anything other than stock replacement head.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/07/14 04:15 PM

Not bad if you don't mind working them a little to fit. Billet Fabrications makes a beautiful set but cost 3 times as much.
Posted By: 383man

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/07/14 11:23 PM

I have not used the 440Source covers but bought these from Mancini for about $120. These work nice for me as I really like them. Ron

Posted By: max_maniac

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/08/14 03:25 AM

Quote:

I have not used the 440Source covers but bought these from Mancini for about $120. These work nice for me as I really like them. Ron

Thats what I have on mine and fit nice and look good too!!

Russ
Posted By: Mopar Guy

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/08/14 03:35 PM

I like these from 440 source ! no cut and perfect fit whit 1.6 roller rockers so money well spent

Attached picture 8264344-inst1.JPG
Posted By: 440sourcedotcom

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/08/14 10:03 PM

Quote:

They are not the same thing, not by a mile. Ours are 100% made in the USA, those ebay ones are from China. Ours use a super thick 3/8" billet rail, those use a 1/4". Our rail is CNC surfaced after welding (welding WILL distort the covers slightly), the Chinese ones are not.

Compare the pictures, you can see they are completely different products.
Posted By: Thor500

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/08/14 10:40 PM

Love my 440 Source valve covers, fit perfect, look good! Forget the haters!
Posted By: mopar65

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/09/14 05:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

They are not the same thing, not by a mile. Ours are 100% made in the USA, those ebay ones are from China. Ours use a super thick 3/8" billet rail, those use a 1/4". Our rail is CNC surfaced after welding (welding WILL distort the covers slightly), the Chinese ones are not.

on your valve covers, can you move the drivers side breather hole to the front of the engine? I ask is because i have a big block Abody and the hole at the rear of the valve cover puts it close to the brake master cylinder.I would have lots more room if it was in the front. thanks Mopar65
Posted By: Mopar Guy

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/09/14 05:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

on your valve covers, can you move the drivers side breather hole to the front of the engine? I ask is because i have a big block Abody and the hole at the rear of the valve cover puts it close to the brake master cylinder.I would have lots more room if it was in the front. thanks Mopar65

You will have to drill the hole your self were ever you wish to have the pcv or breather in those covers and you will never look back cause they are the best and invest in the Morosso valve cover gaskets that have a steel core and real rubber in blue and you will have no leaks and can take them of as mutch as you whant !
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: 440 source sheet metal valve covers - 09/28/14 03:07 AM

Well, I got them, they are very nice....but they don't fit. Going to need some grinding on the flange, prob need to take off .125 . Then prob have to taper it back.
© 2024 Moparts Forums