Moparts

whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street?

Posted By: hp340nos

whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/29/14 06:31 PM

just curious what everyone is using on street.pump gas 340 stroker, are u using pressure fed rollers or non pressure fed rollers.crane solid roller .250/.254@.050 .600/.600 lift installed at 109.
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/29/14 07:38 PM

pressure fed rollers made by Morel. bought from Best Machine.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/29/14 07:59 PM

Quote:

just curious what everyone is using on street.pump gas 340 stroker, are u using pressure fed rollers or non pressure fed rollers.crane solid roller .250/.254@.050 .600/.600 lift installed at 109.

I use the EDM lifters in my street/strip 416 but
I also use PR oiling.. I also have bushed lifter
bores... if you look at the rollers you have.. see
if there is a hole in the side... my one set does
and that hole oils the roller(blow through it just
to check, if you have it).. I went with the EDM just
so I can run lower RPM at the street lights.. its
a .640/.640 260/270 105 lsa installed at 105 with 260#
on seat
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/29/14 08:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

on seat

Mike who is the mgf of that cam? Sounds real close to one I would like to try. Jim
Posted By: D-50

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/30/14 12:28 AM

I am running the Comp Cams 8043, I bought them from IMM engines.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/30/14 12:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

on seat

Mike who is the mgf of that cam? Sounds real close to one I would like to try. Jim

Its a MP roundy round roller cam.. I cant find the
MP part number anymore in my books
Posted By: rickraw

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/30/14 01:24 AM

Gsp products, pressure fed, 730 roller.
Posted By: quickd100

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/30/14 02:29 AM

Comp Cams 829's.Bullet solid roller .767/.676, 288/292@.050 113 center installed at 111.Dave
Posted By: tubtar

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/30/14 03:57 PM

Quote:

Gsp products, pressure fed, 730 roller.

My stick is smaller , but I got these on the recommendation of Ryan J.
They are the same as the Crane Ultra Pros.
Not inexpensive.......but what is at this level ?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/30/14 04:24 PM

Pressure feed if you can afford but...keep the darn spring pressures down on a street unit
Most will run like crazy with 425 lb open Yes you would want 650 or more on the strip but on the street it is all about NOT killing the lifter
When you are at idle, arm out the window, strutting around the cruise--that lifter wheel bearings can be red hot from lack of oil
Most folks run WAY too much spring pressure on street rollers
Morel pressure feed is the way to go for solids anytime and Never restrict oil in any way whatsoever --it kills lifters.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/31/14 01:22 PM

Comp 828s here with a tubed block. I put about 5k on the last set before I changed them. They look and feel ok, I have not gotten around to sending the old ones to comp for a rebuild yet to see what they say.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 08/31/14 01:45 PM

Quote:

Pressure feed if you can afford but...keep the darn spring pressures down on a street unit
Most will run like crazy with 425 lb open Yes you would want 650 or more on the strip but on the street it is all about NOT killing the lifter
When you are at idle, arm out the window, strutting around the cruise--that lifter wheel bearings can be red hot from lack of oil
Morel pressure feed is the way to go for solids anytime and Never restrict oil in any way whatsoever --it kills lifters.

Agressive profiles and lack of spring pressure is harder on rollers than anything. And if you run a morel style lifter you usually have to restrict oil in most setups
Posted By: astjp2

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/02/14 04:49 AM

66550-16 crane rollers..
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/02/14 04:50 AM

Isky solid body lifters here..................
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/02/14 01:49 PM

GSP, pressure fed.
Posted By: Darryls-Demon

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/02/14 02:05 PM

Just over 9500 hundred miles and around 65 passes at the track on the Comps in a SB.
I have a BB that has Crowers in it,they where rebuilt used when installed. They have 5000 miles on them.
Seat pressure on both is 200 on the seat, 500 over the nose.
Posted By: PorkyPig

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/02/14 05:37 PM

I'd like to hear some feedback on the MRL (BAM) lifters mentioned in this older thread: https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...amp;Search=true
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/02/14 06:08 PM

Quote:

Me too. Running 276/284 @ .050" done a fair amount of street miles.

-Kenny
Posted By: hp340nos

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/02/14 07:19 PM

i bought a set of morel race lifters through competition wedge.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/02/14 08:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Agressive profiles and lack of spring pressure is harder on rollers than anything. And if you run a morel style lifter you usually have to restrict oil in most setups

Making the real question WHY would anyone run an aggressive profile on a STREET engine--Comp has smartened up and now all the Street rollers are very easy on things, run tighter lash and need way less spring pressure --so do the right thing and keep that silly race profile on the track and not on the street--Problems Solved!!!!!

I bet I can take a stout engine and dyno six cams in a row right off the catalog page and there is not that much difference--Cam selection process is one of the most over advertised--over thought --Bull crud filled areas of car building--don't go too big--don't run crazy aggressive lobes that a computer says is better and listen to the professional cam grinders--it is that easy.
Always pick smaller than you think and that will still be to big

Solid rollers on a street car will blow the axle bearings out sooner or later--NO oil at idle--way too much spring pressure( because I might get into a street race) and oil restricted-- Kills axle bearings--
Run a solid body lifter in a stock block Mopar
Morel has over a hundred part numbers and will make whatever you need
Posted By: quickd100

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/03/14 03:13 AM

When I ordered my custom Bullet Cam I stressed that I wanted gentle ramps so I wouldn't have to Dave
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/03/14 02:29 PM

Isky Red Zone solid rollers in my hemi. Block doesn't even have lifter oil galleys.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/03/14 02:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Me too. Running 276/284 @ .050" done a fair amount of street miles.

-Kenny

I bought my lifters from Brian also (for my SB)
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/04/14 07:10 AM

Big cams, or even big SPRINGS is NOT what kills lifters and other valve train parts on the street. It is ramp speed and lobe profiles............I have done cams for several "Drag Week" cars and they are routinely well over .900 on the lift and the seat pressure is usually 350+. They survive just fine.

As for lifters........can't go wrong with Morel, Isky Red Zones, Jesels or Crowers. One thing to keep in mind as well. An $800 set of lifters is WAY more than just a price jacked $300 set of lifters. As with many things.........you get what you pay for.

Monte
Posted By: bones427

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/04/14 08:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

why do morels need restricted? I have them and have a oil pressure issue, wondering if it is the lifters causing it? have 40 lbs idle and pressure drops as rpm's go up.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 02:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why do morels need restricted? I have them and have a oil pressure issue, wondering if it is the lifters causing it? have 40 lbs idle and pressure drops as rpm's go up.

Morels are not a solid body lifter, if running a stock block smallblock you need to tube the lifter galley or bush the bores.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 03:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is that 40# at idle hot... if it drops with rpm thats
not the lifters... either the pump has problems or
the filter might be chocking it... first thing to
try is another filter

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 02:47 PM

I changed the pump and 3 diff filters. have a wix racing on it know. 2 dff gauges. checked all the oil galley plugs are there. I'm lost!

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 03:17 PM

Quote:

I changed the pump and 3 diff filters. have a wix racing on it know. 2 dff gauges. checked all the oil galley plugs are there. I'm lost!

I dont know but I wouldnt run it like that... time
to pull the engine and find the problem.. the lifters
could be right at the edge of the oil galley and with
more rpm could be exposing the galley

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 04:05 PM

whats weird is it had 60+ lbs . then lost the pressure. I have the intake off now and the lifters band isn't coming out of the hole. it's 40 psi at idle then drops from there as rpm increases. will be zero at 4000rpm. no I haven't ran it much because of this. will be pulling it soon.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 04:11 PM

Quote:

whats weird is it had &0 lbs cold . then lost the pressure. I have the intake off now and the lifters band isn't coming out of the hole. it's 40 psi at idle then drops from there as rpm increases. will be zero at 4000rpm. no I haven't ran it much because of this. will be pulling it soon.

With it cold the oil pressure will be higher and as
it warms up will drop due to the viscosity change..
it sorta sounds like the by pass is going open as
soon as the rpm comes up.. but you said you changed
the pump
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 04:22 PM

After the issues I and many other had with high volume pumps I will never use another one. my standard volume pump works perfect. and my high volume pump is going on the scrap pile.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 04:27 PM

Quote:

After the issues I and many other had with high volume pumps I will never use another one. my standard volume pump works perfect. and my high volume pump is going on the scrap pile.

What was your issue with the HV pump

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 04:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pump was going up over 130 pounds during my 1/4 mile passes. Thank God i didn't have a Fram filter on it.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 04:47 PM

ya John , but mine drops like we talked about, not going up in pressure.John you have the stuff to tube the block? if so I'm Gonna have to bring it to ya! MR_P_BODY it has the same issue hot or cold.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 05:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pump was going up over 130 pounds during my 1/4 mile passes. Thank God i didn't have a Fram filter on it.

I have to run a HV pump on my 416.. it has enough
built in leaks that the standard pump wasnt giving
me enough pressure(not enough volume).. I have the
edm rollers and PR oiling.. the edm hole is .026
in each lifter.. the block is bushed but I went with
a .060 hole in each... just lots of leaks

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 05:15 PM

Quote:

ya John , but mine drops like we talked about, not going up in pressure.John you have the stuff to tube the block? if so I'm Gonna have to bring it to ya! MR_P_BODY it has the same issue hot or cold.

LOL. Yes I do have the needed tools BUT its kinda one of the jobs I don't really volunteer to do. Pretty sure Mancini sells the needed kit.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 05:17 PM

Quote:

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/racoilrespac.html

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 06:03 PM

Don't you have to get a reamer for tubing? its not in that kit.

Re: whats everyone running solid roller lifters on street? - 09/05/14 06:24 PM

Quote:

Don't you have to get a reamer for tubing? its not in that kit.

I would give them a call. I made up my own kit using 1/2 inch copper house pipe (10 inches long), an old rounded off solid lifter to peen the tube, and had a long drill bit made-up. Probably get a long drill bit now on ebay or Ace Hardware but I made mine 38 years ago. DON"T FORGET TO REDRILL OIL FEED HOLES.
© 2024 Moparts Forums